Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Time Warner needs to stop messing around so I could catch The Wire on HBOGo for free.

Glad you liked this week's ep of 2 Broke Girls, Blood Type. Looks like they're really starting to develop some chemistry between Kat and the blonde chick. The titty boycott needs to end soon, though.

Anyone catch tonight's New Girl? Curious to hear how it transitioned from Damon Wayans to generic black dude.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Anyone catch tonight's New Girl? Curious to hear how it transitioned from Damon Wayans to generic black dude.
Wayans' character was written off and the new guy is a former roommate and friend of the guys. So they immediately touched on the dynamic of him being the old "top dog" in the group and Schmidt wanting to be the leader. I don't think it will take long for it to be a non-issue, by the end of the episode he already "accepted" Zooey so they could just move on if the writers chose to.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Wayans' character was written off and the new guy is a former roommate and friend of the guys. So they immediately touched on the dynamic of him being the old "top dog" in the group and Schmidt wanting to be the leader. I don't think it will take long for it to be a non-issue, by the end of the episode he already "accepted" Zooey so they could just move on if the writers chose to.

Just saw Killer Elite...pretty decent action movie...seemed like it dragged on for a while though

Just saw Killer Elite...pretty decent action movie...seemed like it dragged on for a while though

Went to Moneyball for a second time...

Take away everything negative I said about this film. Brad Pitt absolutely overwhelmed me the second time through... I can't pinpoint exactly what didn't entertain me when I initially saw it but I was thoroughly impressed by his performance after seeing it again (if you remember I said, even though I'm a Pitt fan, any actor that had a shred of talent could have done as well as Pitt).

Might be my second favorite sports movie of all-time behind Remember The Titans.

Went to Moneyball for a second time...

Take away everything negative I said about this film. Brad Pitt absolutely overwhelmed me the second time through... I can't pinpoint exactly what didn't entertain me when I initially saw it but I was thoroughly impressed by his performance after seeing it again (if you remember I said, even though I'm a Pitt fan, any actor that had a shred of talent could have done as well as Pitt).

Might be my second favorite sports movie of all-time behind Remember The Titans.

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hey, I hear a lot of people talking about "Oh, this might be on The Wire's level" and "Show is up there with The Wire."

Y'all watch The Wire?

School me.

What's it about?
It's set in Baltimore and starts out as a cop drama focusing on drugs but then dives into different parts of society (school system, politics, mass media, etc) as the series progresses. I ended up watching the five seasons it aired in a two week span over my summer vacation.
laugh.gif
I would recommend it to anyone because the writing is top notch to go along with the acting. Just be sure to pay attention, everything matters when watching the show.

eek.gif
roll.gif
How do you go back to real life after that? That's like half a season a day. You lived in the Free Zone. How long til you stopped sayin pandemic everyday? I know you called one of your boys a gump **+, we all did.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Hey, I hear a lot of people talking about "Oh, this might be on The Wire's level" and "Show is up there with The Wire."

Y'all watch The Wire?

School me.

What's it about?
It's set in Baltimore and starts out as a cop drama focusing on drugs but then dives into different parts of society (school system, politics, mass media, etc) as the series progresses. I ended up watching the five seasons it aired in a two week span over my summer vacation.
laugh.gif
I would recommend it to anyone because the writing is top notch to go along with the acting. Just be sure to pay attention, everything matters when watching the show.

eek.gif
roll.gif
How do you go back to real life after that? That's like half a season a day. You lived in the Free Zone. How long til you stopped sayin pandemic everyday? I know you called one of your boys a gump **+, we all did.
laugh.gif

Does anyone watch The Big C?

The second season ended tonight. I made a thread last year in General, but like three people responded.

Sidebar: I have watched The Social Network at least 20 times in the past month. It is never not on.

Does anyone watch The Big C?

The second season ended tonight. I made a thread last year in General, but like three people responded.

Sidebar: I have watched The Social Network at least 20 times in the past month. It is never not on.

What is it about Social Network you like so much? Love Linney, but never caught big C. I may get around to it, but it'll be a while.

What is it about Social Network you like so much? Love Linney, but never caught big C. I may get around to it, but it'll be a while.

Aside from The Social Network being intelligent, beautiful, and compelling... oh, nothing. Rhythmically and visually, the film is a stunner.

Aside from The Social Network being intelligent, beautiful, and compelling... oh, nothing. Rhythmically and visually, the film is a stunner.

I feel like I don't like any movie that much and I only watch it because it's there, but there is something that continually draws me in. For all intensive purposes, it really shouldn't have that kind of replay value, but...

I feel like I don't like any movie that much and I only watch it because it's there, but there is something that continually draws me in. For all intensive purposes, it really shouldn't have that kind of replay value, but...

Originally Posted by CP1708

just a VERY interesting movie... 

Originally Posted by CP1708

just a VERY interesting movie... 

Make no mistake, I love the movie, I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't good, I was simply asking why Kev specifically liked this one so much.  He doesn't appear to be a "watch 50 times" type of movie guy is what I was getting at.  So for Social Network to catch his attention like that, has to be something too it. 

I loved it as well, it was paced brilliantly, acted perfectly and was incredible writing, and the score was
smokin.gif
.  That one classical song, that speeds up as the scene goes along, and they're rowing crew or whatever, by the end of that song I wanna get up and beat somebody. 
laugh.gif
  Love the way that song was used, and I don't even know why the scene fits into the movie, didn't even matter. 

Make no mistake, I love the movie, I didn't mean to make it sound like it wasn't good, I was simply asking why Kev specifically liked this one so much.  He doesn't appear to be a "watch 50 times" type of movie guy is what I was getting at.  So for Social Network to catch his attention like that, has to be something too it. 

I loved it as well, it was paced brilliantly, acted perfectly and was incredible writing, and the score was
smokin.gif
.  That one classical song, that speeds up as the scene goes along, and they're rowing crew or whatever, by the end of that song I wanna get up and beat somebody. 
laugh.gif
  Love the way that song was used, and I don't even know why the scene fits into the movie, didn't even matter. 

Kevin Cleveland:

Kevin Cleveland:

Back
Top Bottom