Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Kevin Cleveland:
Was just in the middle of the heroin episode when I realized I had a couple missed calls and texts.

A friend of mine died from a heroin overdose this morning.
embarassed.gif

That would have me EVERY KIND of freaked out. I'm too superstitious for crap like that.
laugh.gif

Sorry, don't mean to make light of your news.
frown.gif
Sucks, man. Sorry to hear that.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Big J 33

You should stop watching Dexter and watch one of those three superior shows.
indifferent.gif

I have an hour lunch, I should warn you of that right here and right now. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can't get it done on your 10 minute break??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

indifferent.gif

I have an hour lunch, I should warn you of that right here and right now. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Can't get it done on your 10 minute break??
laugh.gif

Damn Kev, sorry to hear.

Not sure, Ska, probably because the Sopranos had more mainstream appeal. If you have any other cable provider but Time Warner and the HBO package, you could watch all the episodes on HBO Go.

Damn Kev, sorry to hear.

Not sure, Ska, probably because the Sopranos had more mainstream appeal. If you have any other cable provider but Time Warner and the HBO package, you could watch all the episodes on HBO Go.

I'm in the middle of fifth season of Dexter CP... just finished up episode seven. I'm really am NOT feeling this season so far, at all. Does it improve from where I'm at?

Julia Stiles is a !##%%.

Sorry to hear, Kevin.

I'm in the middle of fifth season of Dexter CP... just finished up episode seven. I'm really am NOT feeling this season so far, at all. Does it improve from where I'm at?

Julia Stiles is a !##%%.

Sorry to hear, Kevin.

JohnnyRedStorm:
I do have any other cable provider but Time Warner (I have Comcast).

Have a bunch of HBO channels, too... but I don't see an HBOGo.

Hmmmm... gonne check onDemand.

JohnnyRedStorm:
I do have any other cable provider but Time Warner (I have Comcast).

Have a bunch of HBO channels, too... but I don't see an HBOGo.

Hmmmm... gonne check onDemand.

HBO Go is their online streaming service, www.hbogo.com
I just checked their site and they don't have Comcast listed, damn.

Edit: Actually, I may have lied. Idk if Comcast and Comcast Xfinity are the same but that's listed.

HBO Go is their online streaming service, www.hbogo.com
I just checked their site and they don't have Comcast listed, damn.

Edit: Actually, I may have lied. Idk if Comcast and Comcast Xfinity are the same but that's listed.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Julia Stiles is a !##%%.
CP and I disagree on the 5th season, I think it drops the ball on what should have been a huge shift in the show after the season 4 finale. I think they're rehashing some points we've already seen, about what Dexter is capable of doing/accepting about himself and others/etc., and in the grand scheme, it doesn't advance the overall story enough. I wanted to re-watch it before the new season starts to give it another chance because I don't think it was a bad season on it's own, but overall I was disappointed.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Julia Stiles is a !##%%.
CP and I disagree on the 5th season, I think it drops the ball on what should have been a huge shift in the show after the season 4 finale. I think they're rehashing some points we've already seen, about what Dexter is capable of doing/accepting about himself and others/etc., and in the grand scheme, it doesn't advance the overall story enough. I wanted to re-watch it before the new season starts to give it another chance because I don't think it was a bad season on it's own, but overall I was disappointed.

Damn...sorry he couldn't get past it, Kev.
30t6p3b.gif

co-sign. Loved the first 2 seasons, season 3 made me hate Jimmy Smits who used to by my NYPD Blue dude, loved season 4,
eyes.gif
at season 5 and whatever's next...

They punked out and instead of that (season 5) and maybe 1 last season of pretty great TV, they opted for like 4 more seasons of kicking rocks and spinning wheels. It's been 4 years of Dexter hiding this secret and begging to get caught and season 4 was the best season they'd had. So many terrible things happened, because of his secret, and even with that roadbump (season 3) the show was heading towards a great ending for season 6 and finishing on top....but they then punked out....

Showtime has Dexter and that's it. There's nothing else. Californication is up there and Shameless is real good, but Dexter's the face of Showtime. (Weeds is another story
30t6p3b.gif
)

They wasted one of the best finales (season 4's) of any show and by the time they finally man up and get ready to end things, this show's gonna be more of what it kinda is now...a parody of itself. Ask people who their 2nd favorite character on the show is, and you'll get 10 different responses...not because everyone's so good, because there's no one there except the bad guy of the year and nosy person of the season. They're almost all underdeveloped and annoying except for Dexter. But...Michael C. Hall goes hard. And the story did too, til they killed all of its momentum in season 5. If you watch Breaking Bad...they set up a Gus level character and didn't at all live up to it.

I'll keep watching because Michael C. Hall is great, the writing for him is still good. I still like the show's sense of humor, but it's in a free fall from the greatness it used to be.

JPZx wrote:

Julia Stiles is a !##%%.

Not really.
30t6p3b.gif

Damn...sorry he couldn't get past it, Kev.
30t6p3b.gif

co-sign. Loved the first 2 seasons, season 3 made me hate Jimmy Smits who used to by my NYPD Blue dude, loved season 4,
eyes.gif
at season 5 and whatever's next...

They punked out and instead of that (season 5) and maybe 1 last season of pretty great TV, they opted for like 4 more seasons of kicking rocks and spinning wheels. It's been 4 years of Dexter hiding this secret and begging to get caught and season 4 was the best season they'd had. So many terrible things happened, because of his secret, and even with that roadbump (season 3) the show was heading towards a great ending for season 6 and finishing on top....but they then punked out....

Showtime has Dexter and that's it. There's nothing else. Californication is up there and Shameless is real good, but Dexter's the face of Showtime. (Weeds is another story
30t6p3b.gif
)

They wasted one of the best finales (season 4's) of any show and by the time they finally man up and get ready to end things, this show's gonna be more of what it kinda is now...a parody of itself. Ask people who their 2nd favorite character on the show is, and you'll get 10 different responses...not because everyone's so good, because there's no one there except the bad guy of the year and nosy person of the season. They're almost all underdeveloped and annoying except for Dexter. But...Michael C. Hall goes hard. And the story did too, til they killed all of its momentum in season 5. If you watch Breaking Bad...they set up a Gus level character and didn't at all live up to it.

I'll keep watching because Michael C. Hall is great, the writing for him is still good. I still like the show's sense of humor, but it's in a free fall from the greatness it used to be.

JPZx wrote:

Julia Stiles is a !##%%.

Not really.
30t6p3b.gif

I got lunch breaks for all you #%$+#+*!!%*@$.  Keep testing me, go on, keep testing me. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ya'll dead @#$ trippin.  Each season they would start fresh, from scratch and sometimes that can kind of feel like a cop out.  Deb, you're fiance was actually your brother's brother, and was also a nut job serial killer and was inches away from taking your life, how do you get thru that?  ...........skip ahead 12 months to the next season. 
sick.gif
  Same with 3, same with 4.  All on some BS level. 

Season five is literally THE NEXT DAY.  Cliffhang the hell out of us in season 4, BRILLIANT TV, and instead of copping out and jumping ahead a year, they went all in and said let's show the world how he gon get out of this.  And they did it.  And within that same week, he gets faced with new serial killer(S)  Not one, not two, not even 3, they had MULTIPLE angles comin at him, after what he just went thru, and was still dealing with.  They put it all out there.  Completely new angle, different from each of the first 4 seasons, and everybody says that sucks? 
grin.gif

The show/writers didn't get lazy, the viewers have gotten lazy.  They broke the formula.  They could have EASILY jumped ahead 12 months (oh btw, that's what season 6 will be doing, jumping ahead 12 months) and nobody would have seen how he got thru all that not just emotionally, but in terms of suspicion, motive, reasoning, blind luck, alibi, all of it.  He would have had zero answers.  It was fantastic what they did, and I loved it.  They gave 2 episodes to clean up season 4, and the next 10 was full on TAKE IT. 
laugh.gif
  And I am sorry, but Jordan Chase >>>>>>  Trinity.  @#$% someone scared of some 65 year old man for?  Dude couldn't even kill hisself right. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Chase was a master.  Dude had one of his own victims lyin for his @#$ 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
  The dude was a G.  Trinity walked into the cop shop and nobody noticed.  He was nobody.  An old man.  Chase walked in, with everyone in the whole place suspectin him, and he walked in and faced them all like it was nothing.  He wasn't even scared.  And that's when Dexter tells him, I got you homie.  I see thru your @#$%. 
pimp.gif

You all lookin at it the wrong way completely.  Serious, how can you not love the angles and chances they took?  Lumen may have been dead weight, eh I hear that, but the bad dude, plus the other bad dudes, plus Quinn on his @#$, then what Deb went thru at the end actually deciding whether or not to bust the vigilante. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
  Piff. 

MrO, naw, I love all the second hands.  LaGuerta, Deb, Masuka, Cubano, Pops, they all good folk.  All got jokes, all do good work.  As for second, it's probably Deb, she's fantastic in that show, the way she cusses and tells all her bosses to go @#$% themselves all the time, she's grade A.  And when she did what she did in season 5, she def moved up a notch.  Miss priss cop first cop everything mantra and yet she made the "human" choice.  Love it. 

6 looks like it will be good.  But again, we just gon gloss over Lumen leavin, we just jump ahead 12 months, we have to assume that Quinn is just gon chill for a whole year, when he KNOWS there was something goin on with the blood at the site and all that.  HE KNOWS Dex spared him.  But we gon just jump up 12 months and figure Quinn is cool now.  Everyone likes that better than Dex havin to actually face all that stuff he went thru in 5.

I got lunch breaks for all you #%$+#+*!!%*@$.  Keep testing me, go on, keep testing me. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ya'll dead @#$ trippin.  Each season they would start fresh, from scratch and sometimes that can kind of feel like a cop out.  Deb, you're fiance was actually your brother's brother, and was also a nut job serial killer and was inches away from taking your life, how do you get thru that?  ...........skip ahead 12 months to the next season. 
sick.gif
  Same with 3, same with 4.  All on some BS level. 

Season five is literally THE NEXT DAY.  Cliffhang the hell out of us in season 4, BRILLIANT TV, and instead of copping out and jumping ahead a year, they went all in and said let's show the world how he gon get out of this.  And they did it.  And within that same week, he gets faced with new serial killer(S)  Not one, not two, not even 3, they had MULTIPLE angles comin at him, after what he just went thru, and was still dealing with.  They put it all out there.  Completely new angle, different from each of the first 4 seasons, and everybody says that sucks? 
grin.gif

The show/writers didn't get lazy, the viewers have gotten lazy.  They broke the formula.  They could have EASILY jumped ahead 12 months (oh btw, that's what season 6 will be doing, jumping ahead 12 months) and nobody would have seen how he got thru all that not just emotionally, but in terms of suspicion, motive, reasoning, blind luck, alibi, all of it.  He would have had zero answers.  It was fantastic what they did, and I loved it.  They gave 2 episodes to clean up season 4, and the next 10 was full on TAKE IT. 
laugh.gif
  And I am sorry, but Jordan Chase >>>>>>  Trinity.  @#$% someone scared of some 65 year old man for?  Dude couldn't even kill hisself right. 
30t6p3b.gif
  Chase was a master.  Dude had one of his own victims lyin for his @#$ 
laugh.gif
smokin.gif
  The dude was a G.  Trinity walked into the cop shop and nobody noticed.  He was nobody.  An old man.  Chase walked in, with everyone in the whole place suspectin him, and he walked in and faced them all like it was nothing.  He wasn't even scared.  And that's when Dexter tells him, I got you homie.  I see thru your @#$%. 
pimp.gif

You all lookin at it the wrong way completely.  Serious, how can you not love the angles and chances they took?  Lumen may have been dead weight, eh I hear that, but the bad dude, plus the other bad dudes, plus Quinn on his @#$, then what Deb went thru at the end actually deciding whether or not to bust the vigilante. 
eek.gif
eek.gif
  Piff. 

MrO, naw, I love all the second hands.  LaGuerta, Deb, Masuka, Cubano, Pops, they all good folk.  All got jokes, all do good work.  As for second, it's probably Deb, she's fantastic in that show, the way she cusses and tells all her bosses to go @#$% themselves all the time, she's grade A.  And when she did what she did in season 5, she def moved up a notch.  Miss priss cop first cop everything mantra and yet she made the "human" choice.  Love it. 

6 looks like it will be good.  But again, we just gon gloss over Lumen leavin, we just jump ahead 12 months, we have to assume that Quinn is just gon chill for a whole year, when he KNOWS there was something goin on with the blood at the site and all that.  HE KNOWS Dex spared him.  But we gon just jump up 12 months and figure Quinn is cool now.  Everyone likes that better than Dex havin to actually face all that stuff he went thru in 5.

Back
Top Bottom