Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Kev, didn't want to talk all that other stuff and then say, hey, sorry man.  But am sorry to hear about that.  No real good way to say it ya know?  RIP to your friend dude 
tired.gif

Kev, didn't want to talk all that other stuff and then say, hey, sorry man.  But am sorry to hear about that.  No real good way to say it ya know?  RIP to your friend dude 
tired.gif

I don't disagree that it was entertaining or thrilling TV, because at times it was. But following the cliffhanger I thought they dropped the ball with the overall season arc. We've seen Dex face a suspcious co-worker, seen him and the kids try to have a relationship, seen him deal with a powerful enemy, seen him struggle with opening up/relating to someone... collectively I don't think we got enough new material/story for Dexter for the story to have an overall importance with the series when it's all said and done. We could be looking at different things, and it seems like we are, but like I said, I won't argue it wasn't an entertaining season of TV. I'm looking at the bigger picture and I was left disappointed following the cliffhanger of 4.

I don't think it has anything to do with them picking up the next day, I liked that choice, just that it all felt that we were seeing Dexter face similar problems again. That isn't really a bad thing either, but I said to myself "so where is this show going", and that's why it needed an end date in mind... without that it could just keep repeating similar premises or giving them in different ways until the show got tiresome. I don't think it's past its prime or fallen off but I do think the earlier seasons were more interesting and done better.I am looking forward to the angle they're taking in season 6, though.

I do think Breaking Bad and the Wire are much better, probably Mad Men too, but I still really enjoy Dexter.

I don't disagree that it was entertaining or thrilling TV, because at times it was. But following the cliffhanger I thought they dropped the ball with the overall season arc. We've seen Dex face a suspcious co-worker, seen him and the kids try to have a relationship, seen him deal with a powerful enemy, seen him struggle with opening up/relating to someone... collectively I don't think we got enough new material/story for Dexter for the story to have an overall importance with the series when it's all said and done. We could be looking at different things, and it seems like we are, but like I said, I won't argue it wasn't an entertaining season of TV. I'm looking at the bigger picture and I was left disappointed following the cliffhanger of 4.

I don't think it has anything to do with them picking up the next day, I liked that choice, just that it all felt that we were seeing Dexter face similar problems again. That isn't really a bad thing either, but I said to myself "so where is this show going", and that's why it needed an end date in mind... without that it could just keep repeating similar premises or giving them in different ways until the show got tiresome. I don't think it's past its prime or fallen off but I do think the earlier seasons were more interesting and done better.I am looking forward to the angle they're taking in season 6, though.

I do think Breaking Bad and the Wire are much better, probably Mad Men too, but I still really enjoy Dexter.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

indifferent.gif
502 Bad Gateway ...there goes that response.
30t6p3b.gif
Told you a million times bro, Ctrl+C before you hit post. 
laugh.gif

Type it again homie. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

indifferent.gif
502 Bad Gateway ...there goes that response.
30t6p3b.gif
Told you a million times bro, Ctrl+C before you hit post. 
laugh.gif

Type it again homie. 

The true crux of Dexter has nothing to do with taking down a serial killer, it's how Dexter comes to terms with himself. That's why the last season was great.

All that other stuff - the villain, the suspicious friends, etc., is just fluff to draw you into the story.

The true crux of Dexter has nothing to do with taking down a serial killer, it's how Dexter comes to terms with himself. That's why the last season was great.

All that other stuff - the villain, the suspicious friends, etc., is just fluff to draw you into the story.

Sorry to hear that, Kev 
tired.gif
I know that feel bro. A friend of mine who used to be hooked on that H, and was on something else at the time, took his life a few months ago.

Another friend of mine died in a car crash yesterday.

Sorry to hear that, Kev 
tired.gif
I know that feel bro. A friend of mine who used to be hooked on that H, and was on something else at the time, took his life a few months ago.

Another friend of mine died in a car crash yesterday.

I know this is a little too personal than we like our sports discussion to be, but this talk of friends dying is one of the many reasons I go it alone. And I know a lot of people SAY that, but I do it. It's just me and my son.

"Nobody knows me; I'm cold.
Walk down this road all alone.
It's no one's fault but my own.
It's the path I've chosen to go."

"Here I go again on my own,
Going down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone.
And I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time."

I know this is a little too personal than we like our sports discussion to be, but this talk of friends dying is one of the many reasons I go it alone. And I know a lot of people SAY that, but I do it. It's just me and my son.

"Nobody knows me; I'm cold.
Walk down this road all alone.
It's no one's fault but my own.
It's the path I've chosen to go."

"Here I go again on my own,
Going down the only road I've ever known.
Like a drifter, I was born to walk alone.
And I've made up my mind,
I ain't wasting no more time."

I've never had a friend of mine go (or anyone that was close w/ me - I've been very fortunate).

I'm terrified of that day.
tired.gif

I've never had a friend of mine go (or anyone that was close w/ me - I've been very fortunate).

tired.gif

Thanks, guys. I wasn't too close with her, but we and other mutual friends had kicked it/partied a handful of times over the summer.

And are you serious SKA? You gotta get friends man. They make everything about life better. Bad things happen, people die too young, but that's a part of life. I feel like you need to go on a "I Love You, Man" quest over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks, guys. I wasn't too close with her, but we and other mutual friends had kicked it/partied a handful of times over the summer.

And are you serious SKA? You gotta get friends man. They make everything about life better. Bad things happen, people die too young, but that's a part of life. I feel like you need to go on a "I Love You, Man" quest over the next couple of weeks.

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

tired.gif

Yeah, it sucks.  I've had only one close friend pass (fell off a cliff while hiking) and going to his funeral was definitely one of the saddest things I've ever experienced.  

So, my deepest condolences to those of you who have lost people recently. 

Originally Posted by N ll K 3

tired.gif

Yeah, it sucks.  I've had only one close friend pass (fell off a cliff while hiking) and going to his funeral was definitely one of the saddest things I've ever experienced.  

So, my deepest condolences to those of you who have lost people recently. 

I'm with Ska, very few people truly know me or anything about me. I define "loner" and yet my wife is very much a people person.

Back
Top Bottom