Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'm with Ska, very few people truly know me or anything about me. I define "loner" and yet my wife is very much a people person.

Noskey:
And are you serious SKA? You gotta get friends man. They make everything about life better. Bad things happen, people die too young, but that's a part of life. I feel like you need to go on a "I Love You, Man" quest over the next couple of weeks.
Nnnnnnope. Seen that movie, too. You really have to know me on a more personal level to know where I'm coming from, and this isn't the thread... or forum... for that.

But yes, I'm dead serious.

I mean, I just got done playing ball right now for a few hours. Almost every one there knew me, almost everyone there is super tight with each other, and no one there is super tight with me... and that's exactly how I want it. I've seen dudes getting their !#% kicked and then have a couple dudes jump in, and I've had my !#% kicked by multiple dudes and there was no one jumping in for me... and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Trust me, it ain't a surface level thought process I've put into what we're getting at here.
laugh.gif
We could talk about this all day and I'd still be unmoved, not because I'm stubborn, but because I've already thought through every line of reasoning you're going to bring to the table. Odds are extremely low you present something that I've not processed.

And I don't need saving, anyways. Don't need a couple weeks of buddy, buddy time. Don't need to get laid (well, that's a lie, but that wouldn't help by desire to go it alone
laugh.gif
). Don't need stacks and stacks.

I used to be a social butterfly, and I'm already raising my son to be like that. I'm just gong to do better to protect him, so he never develops a general mistrust.
wink.gif
That's actually a huge clue into where my thought process is borne.

This is about to change from an undercover movies/tv shows thread to an undercover philosophy/sociology thread quick.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Noskey:
And are you serious SKA? You gotta get friends man. They make everything about life better. Bad things happen, people die too young, but that's a part of life. I feel like you need to go on a "I Love You, Man" quest over the next couple of weeks.
Nnnnnnope. Seen that movie, too. You really have to know me on a more personal level to know where I'm coming from, and this isn't the thread... or forum... for that.

But yes, I'm dead serious.

I mean, I just got done playing ball right now for a few hours. Almost every one there knew me, almost everyone there is super tight with each other, and no one there is super tight with me... and that's exactly how I want it. I've seen dudes getting their !#% kicked and then have a couple dudes jump in, and I've had my !#% kicked by multiple dudes and there was no one jumping in for me... and I'm perfectly fine with that.

Trust me, it ain't a surface level thought process I've put into what we're getting at here.
laugh.gif
We could talk about this all day and I'd still be unmoved, not because I'm stubborn, but because I've already thought through every line of reasoning you're going to bring to the table. Odds are extremely low you present something that I've not processed.

And I don't need saving, anyways. Don't need a couple weeks of buddy, buddy time. Don't need to get laid (well, that's a lie, but that wouldn't help by desire to go it alone
laugh.gif
). Don't need stacks and stacks.

I used to be a social butterfly, and I'm already raising my son to be like that. I'm just gong to do better to protect him, so he never develops a general mistrust.
wink.gif
That's actually a huge clue into where my thought process is borne.

This is about to change from an undercover movies/tv shows thread to an undercover philosophy/sociology thread quick.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The only time he ever feels some sort of life or "alive" is when he's killing somebody... he has no friends, never really felt anything for women most of his life, and just feels absolutely empty inside.

Obviously you have a wife so it's not a perfect match, but is that kind of spot on a little bit? Just wondering.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

The only time he ever feels some sort of life or "alive" is when he's killing somebody... he has no friends, never really felt anything for women most of his life, and just feels absolutely empty inside.

Obviously you have a wife so it's not a perfect match, but is that kind of spot on a little bit? Just wondering.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

First off, I don't have a wife, so I guess me & ol' Dex have that in common.
laugh.gif

Other than that, from what you just said... no, he's not really the same as me at all. I don't feel empty or incomplete. He feels 'alive' when he's killing? So it's like a rush for him? And that's it? I have all kinds of things that give me rushes, make me feel 'alive', and none of them are psychopathic.

I live for the look in my son's eyes when he sees me, whether he knows he's in trouble & just became aware that I was watching him, or he hasn't seen me for a few days and he's just realized I'm there.

I live for that 'can't miss' feeling on the court, which I had tonight I live for hearing an opponent tell his teammate "Man, switch me out. I got his +##," and then a few minutes later hearing the first guy guarding me say "See? You ain't doing no better" to his teammate.
laugh.gif
(And since I hate when dudes gas theirself w/ their big fish stories online, I'll just leave it at what I've already said.)

I live for those few kids I do have an impact on at work, and more specifically, I live for the times when I find out a kid has been out of our program a year or so, and is making an honest wage somewhere, is dones getting in any major trouble, maybe smokes a little greenery from time to time, but that's the worst thing they're doing... which was definitely NOT something they could say when me and them first met.
laugh.gif

Nah, killing people... or any sort of psychopathic behavior... isn't where I get a rush, that feeling of being alive.

The two people I relate to the most are why these are my favorite two movies of all time: Antwone Fisher and Will Hunting.

First off, I don't have a wife, so I guess me & ol' Dex have that in common.
laugh.gif

Other than that, from what you just said... no, he's not really the same as me at all. I don't feel empty or incomplete. He feels 'alive' when he's killing? So it's like a rush for him? And that's it? I have all kinds of things that give me rushes, make me feel 'alive', and none of them are psychopathic.

I live for the look in my son's eyes when he sees me, whether he knows he's in trouble & just became aware that I was watching him, or he hasn't seen me for a few days and he's just realized I'm there.

I live for that 'can't miss' feeling on the court, which I had tonight I live for hearing an opponent tell his teammate "Man, switch me out. I got his +##," and then a few minutes later hearing the first guy guarding me say "See? You ain't doing no better" to his teammate.
laugh.gif
(And since I hate when dudes gas theirself w/ their big fish stories online, I'll just leave it at what I've already said.)

I live for those few kids I do have an impact on at work, and more specifically, I live for the times when I find out a kid has been out of our program a year or so, and is making an honest wage somewhere, is dones getting in any major trouble, maybe smokes a little greenery from time to time, but that's the worst thing they're doing... which was definitely NOT something they could say when me and them first met.
laugh.gif

Nah, killing people... or any sort of psychopathic behavior... isn't where I get a rush, that feeling of being alive.

The two people I relate to the most are why these are my favorite two movies of all time: Antwone Fisher and Will Hunting.

Anyways, back on track to the thread's purposes, Dead Island got picked up by Lionsgate. Probably gonna suck, but I'm holding out hope that, like the game, the movie is a pleasantly good surprise.

More pertinent to the thread, I'm watching Rocky fo the first time right now. A friend at work who has the entire series told me he's not talking to me until I at least see the first one... and he's stuck to it.
laugh.gif
He let me borrow the first one last week, and every time I've see him since then, ALL he has said to me has been "You watch it?" when we first see each other, and I'll shake my head no... and that's that till the next day.
laugh.gif

Anyways, back on track to the thread's purposes, Dead Island got picked up by Lionsgate. Probably gonna suck, but I'm holding out hope that, like the game, the movie is a pleasantly good surprise.

More pertinent to the thread, I'm watching Rocky fo the first time right now. A friend at work who has the entire series told me he's not talking to me until I at least see the first one... and he's stuck to it.
laugh.gif
He let me borrow the first one last week, and every time I've see him since then, ALL he has said to me has been "You watch it?" when we first see each other, and I'll shake my head no... and that's that till the next day.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
In no way was I asking you if you get a rush from killing 
roll.gif
I meant the other stuff. Like feeling empty, but yeah you pretty much summed up that that's not the case.

Anyways, back to the thread's purpose like you guys said...

Watched the premiere of the Real World: San Diego tonight? My roommate wanted to watch it, so I gave in. Anybody else watch it? Does Bill Simmons still do a podcast about it?

laugh.gif
In no way was I asking you if you get a rush from killing 
roll.gif
I meant the other stuff. Like feeling empty, but yeah you pretty much summed up that that's not the case.

Anyways, back to the thread's purpose like you guys said...

Watched the premiere of the Real World: San Diego tonight? My roommate wanted to watch it, so I gave in. Anybody else watch it? Does Bill Simmons still do a podcast about it?

Wait, so did Rocky not even win the bout against Apollo Creed? I heard all this crap about it being tied and then I heard the crowd cheer like crazy when he said Apollo Creed all loud, like he won the fight or something, while Rocky was looking for Adriane.

Wait, so did Rocky not even win the bout against Apollo Creed? I heard all this crap about it being tied and then I heard the crowd cheer like crazy when he said Apollo Creed all loud, like he won the fight or something, while Rocky was looking for Adriane.

Back
Top Bottom