Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
In no way was I asking you if you get a rush from killing 
roll.gif
I meant the other stuff. Like feeling empty, but yeah you pretty much summed up that that's not the case.

eek.gif
I missed some things.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JPZx

laugh.gif
In no way was I asking you if you get a rush from killing 
roll.gif
I meant the other stuff. Like feeling empty, but yeah you pretty much summed up that that's not the case.

eek.gif
I missed some things.
laugh.gif

^^^ This thread went in an interesting direction for a minute, but back to the movies. For those into documentaries, I saw a trailer for a new doc about the guy who voices Elmo on Sesame Street. It apparently won some awards at Sundance. Looks pretty good. Of course, I probably have more of an interest than some might because I have a 5 year old and have seen A LOT of Elmo over the last few years.

^^^ This thread went in an interesting direction for a minute, but back to the movies. For those into documentaries, I saw a trailer for a new doc about the guy who voices Elmo on Sesame Street. It apparently won some awards at Sundance. Looks pretty good. Of course, I probably have more of an interest than some might because I have a 5 year old and have seen A LOT of Elmo over the last few years.

It must be a Laker thing Ska.  We gettin our inner Kobe on....... 
laugh.gif

(I'm about to be banned 
laugh.gif
)

Before I go, just saw Drive...........Man, that script musta been about 8 pages,with wide margins and lots off indents, the whole 9.  Nobody talks in that damn movie.  Even the strippers were sittin there topless not talking.  What the @#$% man. 
laugh.gif
  That was hilarious to me. 
Total Steve McQueen vibe.  Old school drive scenes. 
Elevator scene.  Can brother get his head back please, he was just doin his job. 
The ending was odd.  Least they coulda done was switch it up and give me a lil Vinnie Jones and end the flick with like a 5 minute run on sentence or something. 

Also saw The Change Up.  WAY better than I expected.  Predictable, of course, but still solid.  I loved Bateman the whole movie, and Reynolds had moments, but not the entire film like Bateman. 
Olivia Wilde. 
sick.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
  Goodness gracious woman.  Lawd.  I used to think she was, eh, cute, alright, not bad, so-so, but God damn she done come up.  Someone get her workin as somethin other than the token hot girl.  I need more of her. 

Got hold of Contagion and Killer Elite, I'll get to those at some point.  Not sure when. 

Got The Sting on DVR, never seen it and need too.  IMDB Top 250. 

Also, Catching Hell, getting that on DVR tomorrow.  I will probably cry.  I' don't blame that kid, never really did, but I do feel bad for him, it wasn't right how they treated him. 

laugh.gif

(I'm about to be banned 
laugh.gif
)

Before I go, just saw Drive...........Man, that script musta been about 8 pages,with wide margins and lots off indents, the whole 9.  Nobody talks in that damn movie.  Even the strippers were sittin there topless not talking.  What the @#$% man. 
laugh.gif
Elevator scene.  Can brother get his head back please, he was just doin his job. 
The ending was odd.  Least they coulda done was switch it up and give me a lil Vinnie Jones and end the flick with like a 5 minute run on sentence or something. 

Also saw The Change Up.  WAY better than I expected.  Predictable, of course, but still solid.  I loved Bateman the whole movie, and Reynolds had moments, but not the entire film like Bateman. 
Olivia Wilde. 
sick.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif
  Goodness gracious woman.  Lawd.  I used to think she was, eh, cute, alright, not bad, so-so, but God damn she done come up.  Someone get her workin as somethin other than the token hot girl.  I need more of her. 

Got hold of Contagion and Killer Elite, I'll get to those at some point.  Not sure when. 

Also, Catching Hell, getting that on DVR tomorrow.  I will probably cry.  I' don't blame that kid, never really did, but I do feel bad for him, it wasn't right how they treated him. 

CP1708:
laugh.gif

(I'm about to be banned 
laugh.gif
)

laugh.gif

Olivia Wilde. 
sick.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

Any last words?

CP1708:
laugh.gif

(I'm about to be banned 
laugh.gif
)

laugh.gif

Olivia Wilde. 
sick.gif
devil.gif
eek.gif
embarassed.gif
pimp.gif

Any last words?

I saw the Bartman Outside the Lines piece... haven't caught the 30 for 30 documentary yet

I never knew that people were dumping beer on him, hurling food in his direction, fans trying to come from their seats to beat his @@+, etc.
eek.gif
I was always under the impression that while he was in his seat the rest of the game it was just words, namecalling, nothing else. Nuts, man.

I saw the Bartman Outside the Lines piece... haven't caught the 30 for 30 documentary yet

I never knew that people were dumping beer on him, hurling food in his direction, fans trying to come from their seats to beat his @@+, etc.
eek.gif
I was always under the impression that while he was in his seat the rest of the game it was just words, namecalling, nothing else. Nuts, man.

Finally gave Tree of Life a look...

Just about at the 18 minute mark, I was thinking to myself...jeez...maybe they were right. If this is it, maybe Malick realy is too far up his own *#%. Not gonna lie, I started checking my greader, bs-in with my waiver wire, getting hyped off the Sox losing...
.....A minute later, bliss...
eek.gif
sick.gif
embarassed.gif
smile.gif
eek.gif

glasses.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif
!!!!
smokin.gif
smile.gif

It's like Baraka %+!!%# Planet Earth, with 2001: A Space Odyssey nutting on it while Enter the Void just watched.
And then
eek.gif
.......*please don't be over* I understand it came to an end, but I never wanted it to. Just...wow. I could watch a 4hr+ edition of this.

something high/10

random thoughts
--I don't think you can really put a number on this, you love it or you're over it. It's a...cathartic experience. (SAT words #+@!#!)
--I still don't fully understand what I saw or why we needed to see some of these things, but this ain't Inception...I'm ok with that.
grin.gif

--I loved Days of Heaven and Badlands and liked The Thin Red Line. So I had a good feel for what I was getting into.
--And I loved Baraka and 2001, so when things got...floaty? artsy? aimless? ... I just kicked back and let that +$%% soak in.
smokin.gif

--And I can't be the only one who thought Superman: Man of Steel was gonna start when they showed Jupiter with that voiceover.
laugh.gif

Cliffs: I really liked it, if it ain't your thing, you should know in about 20 minutes...and that probably won't change if you keep watching..

Finally gave Tree of Life a look...

Just about at the 18 minute mark, I was thinking to myself...jeez...maybe they were right. If this is it, maybe Malick realy is too far up his own *#%. Not gonna lie, I started checking my greader, bs-in with my waiver wire, getting hyped off the Sox losing...
.....A minute later, bliss...
eek.gif
sick.gif
embarassed.gif
smile.gif
eek.gif

glasses.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
grin.gif
eek.gif
smile.gif
ohwell.gif
nerd.gif
smokin.gif
eek.gif
!!!!
smokin.gif
smile.gif

It's like Baraka %+!!%# Planet Earth, with 2001: A Space Odyssey nutting on it while Enter the Void just watched.
And then
eek.gif
.......*please don't be over* I understand it came to an end, but I never wanted it to. Just...wow. I could watch a 4hr+ edition of this.

something high/10

random thoughts
--I don't think you can really put a number on this, you love it or you're over it. It's a...cathartic experience. (SAT words #+@!#!)
--I still don't fully understand what I saw or why we needed to see some of these things, but this ain't Inception...I'm ok with that.
grin.gif

--I loved Days of Heaven and Badlands and liked The Thin Red Line. So I had a good feel for what I was getting into.
--And I loved Baraka and 2001, so when things got...floaty? artsy? aimless? ... I just kicked back and let that +$%% soak in.
smokin.gif

--And I can't be the only one who thought Superman: Man of Steel was gonna start when they showed Jupiter with that voiceover.
laugh.gif

Cliffs: I really liked it, if it ain't your thing, you should know in about 20 minutes...and that probably won't change if you keep watching..

Thanks, dudes. Sorry for bringing that heaviness in here. Finding out as I was watching that particular episode was like a cruel dream. Too much.

Thanks, dudes. Sorry for bringing that heaviness in here. Finding out as I was watching that particular episode was like a cruel dream. Too much.

Contagion. 

30t6p3b.gif

Naw, this movie wasn't what I was hoping for.  What a failure.  Great cast, didn't care about any of them.  Serious, I think Kate was the only one that even mattered to me.  Morpheus was so so, Jude Law was back to his ninny ways, Matt Damon........must have needed some money.  Paltrow wasn't used for @#$%  what a waste. 

Outbreak was such a GREAT film.  Hoffman, Spacey, Freeman, Cuba, Sutherland, Russo, all great performances, you cared about what was going on, it was great.  Now my thinking is, this was central located, one small city.  Contagion, world wide.  That has to be why it failed.  Spread themselves to thin.  Too much ground to cover. 

The tone was done alright, I do get what they were goin for, the seriousness, the scared-could be anywhere, happen to anybody, trust nothing type emotion, the snowball of it all, the panic, etc etc, but you couldn't grasp onto anybody and care about them.  I didn't give a damn who died, they were all faceless to me.  And that's not the right angle for this.  The premise works, how do you stop something that floats thru air worldwide?  How do you fight it, treat it, prevent it, all while wondering what you can and can't touch?  That's scary @#$^, and would make for a great story, but you have to care about the people you are following that are going to fight this, and you don't.  At least, I didn't. 

Sonenberg (sp) does such great work usually, I like a lot of his stuff, but he didn't do this one correctly imo. 

I'd give it a 6 and that's being nice. 

Contagion. 

30t6p3b.gif

Naw, this movie wasn't what I was hoping for.  What a failure.  Great cast, didn't care about any of them.  Serious, I think Kate was the only one that even mattered to me.  Morpheus was so so, Jude Law was back to his ninny ways, Matt Damon........must have needed some money.  Paltrow wasn't used for @#$%  what a waste. 

Outbreak was such a GREAT film.  Hoffman, Spacey, Freeman, Cuba, Sutherland, Russo, all great performances, you cared about what was going on, it was great.  Now my thinking is, this was central located, one small city.  Contagion, world wide.  That has to be why it failed.  Spread themselves to thin.  Too much ground to cover. 

The tone was done alright, I do get what they were goin for, the seriousness, the scared-could be anywhere, happen to anybody, trust nothing type emotion, the snowball of it all, the panic, etc etc, but you couldn't grasp onto anybody and care about them.  I didn't give a damn who died, they were all faceless to me.  And that's not the right angle for this.  The premise works, how do you stop something that floats thru air worldwide?  How do you fight it, treat it, prevent it, all while wondering what you can and can't touch?  That's scary @#$^, and would make for a great story, but you have to care about the people you are following that are going to fight this, and you don't.  At least, I didn't. 

Sonenberg (sp) does such great work usually, I like a lot of his stuff, but he didn't do this one correctly imo. 

I'd give it a 6 and that's being nice. 

Yea...with Contagion it felt like a mistake having all those big name movie actors in it. I guess dude was trying to make it natural and not be too sentimental with it, but then you see these big actors who you know are gonna be big characters, but 2 minutes later they're dead and you're like...
eyes.gif
is this a joke? now you just being a ****, Steven.
laugh.gif

It was like a really really well made Discovery channel dramatization on what would happen, instead of a sci-fi or natural disaster drama. It's a bunch of real incomplete and kinda uneventful stories. Jude Law and Marion Cotillard turned out though...I thought theirs worked. Fishburne and Damon almost did too.

This is that antidote to $$%! like 2012 and The Happening...but I'd rather just watch Blindness? or even Day After Tomorrow? lol

*weeb-ye shrug*/10

Yea...with Contagion it felt like a mistake having all those big name movie actors in it. I guess dude was trying to make it natural and not be too sentimental with it, but then you see these big actors who you know are gonna be big characters, but 2 minutes later they're dead and you're like...
eyes.gif
is this a joke? now you just being a ****, Steven.
laugh.gif

It was like a really really well made Discovery channel dramatization on what would happen, instead of a sci-fi or natural disaster drama. It's a bunch of real incomplete and kinda uneventful stories. Jude Law and Marion Cotillard turned out though...I thought theirs worked. Fishburne and Damon almost did too.

This is that antidote to $$%! like 2012 and The Happening...but I'd rather just watch Blindness? or even Day After Tomorrow? lol

*weeb-ye shrug*/10

I can't quite figure out why, but I have kind of a thing for Kristen Bell. Skinny blondes are not normally my thing, but there's something about her . . . which is the reason I am now watching When in Rome on HBO.

I can't quite figure out why, but I have kind of a thing for Kristen Bell. Skinny blondes are not normally my thing, but there's something about her . . . which is the reason I am now watching When in Rome on HBO.

*busts into the thread like Kramer*

Skinny blondes? Someone say 'skinny blondes'?

*reads reply above*

*sigh*

*exits thread*

laugh.gif

*busts into the thread like Kramer*

Skinny blondes? Someone say 'skinny blondes'?

*reads reply above*

*sigh*

*exits thread*

laugh.gif

I finally got around to reading this:

the-hunger-games.jpg

i'm about half way thru... pretty good.  but there's a movie being made, comes out next march. i peeped it on imdb... younger dude with the shaved head from Triangleis in it (
laugh.gif
.) not much from the trailer, but here:

anyone else on this?

Back
Top Bottom