Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

I still have no damn idea what is happening on this show. Whenever I feel like I start to understand even a portion of it, something else throws me off the scent (again).

It feels like three universes and about nine vignettes all rolled into one... episode. Three different times. With (at least) 10 more to go.

I thought I was starting to get a sense last night too, for instance, that hole, the maid is there, yes?  And now Kate Mara.  So, we'll be seeing Kate again at some point, right? 
nerd.gif

And Jessica Lange, I'm assuming she isn't "real" either right now, ala the maid, burn dude, etc.  And now, this hole in the head chick is walking around.  I'm not sure exactly what all is going on, but I love it.  And Connie Britton, she is quickly moving up my fav actress list.  When she tore up that real estate chick, I was cracking up. 
laugh.gif

That maid, lawd. 
embarassed.gif
smokin.gif

We got the twin boys
The crazy dude that got the nurses
The evil boy patient
The OG owner and his wife
Maid
Burn dude
Lange  (not sure if she's flat out connected.......wait, she did the maid, that was her house, she's not the neighbor at all is she.  Hot damn 
eek.gif
)

If they start every single episode with a new story line from the past, this is gonna get messy.  At some point, they need to start tying things together. 

Don't forget about latex daddy.

I think maybe the father is the disfigured dude, or is turning into him or something. Maybe all three members of the family are sort of doomed to repeat the history of the house and its occupants? I don't know.

Don't forget about latex daddy.

I think maybe the father is the disfigured dude, or is turning into him or something. Maybe all three members of the family are sort of doomed to repeat the history of the house and its occupants? I don't know.

You know, I mentioned the term "vignette" before almost out of haste, but perhaps this show isn't suppose to and will never make sense as one singular story.

It kind of reminds me of Trick 'r Treat. The movie is made up of four different tales. They all take place in the same town, but are almost completely non-linear. They share familiar themes of Halloween and horror, but never intersect, except for Sam, who acts as "the spirit" of Halloween, let's say. Don't worry, I'm not ruining anything by "spoiling" that piece of information. If you haven't seen it, I'm sorry to hear that. It might be the coolest Halloween-related movie there is. It isn't revolutionary, but the elements of horror/suspense/mystery/Halloween mischief are really fun/watchable/intriguing/memorable if you love the genre, which also reminds me of American Horror Story in a way. Not much makes sense if I try to tie everything together into one neat box, but there are remnants of exactly what I want out of something like this that might not have to make complete sense to be awesome.

You know, I mentioned the term "vignette" before almost out of haste, but perhaps this show isn't suppose to and will never make sense as one singular story.

It kind of reminds me of Trick 'r Treat. The movie is made up of four different tales. They all take place in the same town, but are almost completely non-linear. They share familiar themes of Halloween and horror, but never intersect, except for Sam, who acts as "the spirit" of Halloween, let's say. Don't worry, I'm not ruining anything by "spoiling" that piece of information. If you haven't seen it, I'm sorry to hear that. It might be the coolest Halloween-related movie there is. It isn't revolutionary, but the elements of horror/suspense/mystery/Halloween mischief are really fun/watchable/intriguing/memorable if you love the genre, which also reminds me of American Horror Story in a way. Not much makes sense if I try to tie everything together into one neat box, but there are remnants of exactly what I want out of something like this that might not have to make complete sense to be awesome.

Missed last night's ep, but yeah...Trick R Treat was the best Halloween movie I've seen in years (which may not be saying much...but still). One of my favs from a few years ago. Sort of like a Drag Me To Hell meets Tales from the Crypt Keeper. It kinda reminds me of The Halloween Tree too, love that movie.

Any of you guys watch Luther? Idris Elba is a +!++$+! beast. He tore through that show like an animal.
eek.gif
smokin.gif

Missed last night's ep, but yeah...Trick R Treat was the best Halloween movie I've seen in years (which may not be saying much...but still). One of my favs from a few years ago. Sort of like a Drag Me To Hell meets Tales from the Crypt Keeper. It kinda reminds me of The Halloween Tree too, love that movie.

Any of you guys watch Luther? Idris Elba is a +!++$+! beast. He tore through that show like an animal.
eek.gif
smokin.gif

I haven't watched Trick 'r Treat, but it sounds like something my wife would love (I'll watch anything) so maybe I'll suggest it to her, especially this time of year. 

I almost don't know which I would perfer.  Do I want AHS to all make sense in some nice little package, or would I like it better messy and haphazard? 
ohwell.gif
  And like I was saying before it started, where do we go with a season 2?  I mean, I don't think we can keep going into a new season with X amount of more backtrack stories, know what I mean?  If they squeeze say 10 back stories into this first year, show us 10 different family issues that occured, they gon try and sell me 10 more the second season?  How many frickin families moved into this joint already? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Damn near make this place a hotel rather than an actual home.  And Christ, if it was really THIS bad, wouldn't the town be all over it by now?  Every dead body in the city would be tracked back to the place. 
laugh.gif
  I'm sure I'm over simplfying it, but you get what I'm sayin.  They need to change up so to speak at some point for future seasons, and that is what could really make it great.  They also have to force this current family to stay there.  Unless they want to go with all new characters in future seasons, maybe even have this family dead or something moving forward.  (which would be awesome really) 

I don't know, but I am excited.  When I saw the very first preview, I was like how can they have a "scary" show that lasts?  And they look like they are giving it a helluva run, so I can't wait to see what's next. 

I haven't watched Trick 'r Treat, but it sounds like something my wife would love (I'll watch anything) so maybe I'll suggest it to her, especially this time of year. 

I almost don't know which I would perfer.  Do I want AHS to all make sense in some nice little package, or would I like it better messy and haphazard? 
ohwell.gif
  And like I was saying before it started, where do we go with a season 2?  I mean, I don't think we can keep going into a new season with X amount of more backtrack stories, know what I mean?  If they squeeze say 10 back stories into this first year, show us 10 different family issues that occured, they gon try and sell me 10 more the second season?  How many frickin families moved into this joint already? 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Damn near make this place a hotel rather than an actual home.  And Christ, if it was really THIS bad, wouldn't the town be all over it by now?  Every dead body in the city would be tracked back to the place. 
laugh.gif
  I'm sure I'm over simplfying it, but you get what I'm sayin.  They need to change up so to speak at some point for future seasons, and that is what could really make it great.  They also have to force this current family to stay there.  Unless they want to go with all new characters in future seasons, maybe even have this family dead or something moving forward.  (which would be awesome really) 

I don't know, but I am excited.  When I saw the very first preview, I was like how can they have a "scary" show that lasts?  And they look like they are giving it a helluva run, so I can't wait to see what's next. 

So, is anyone planning to check out the new ABC Snow White reboot series, Once Upon a Time? Its got some good people in it -- I always liked Ginnifer Goodwin in Big Love -- and seems to be a kind of interesting concept since I'm a big fantasy guy. But its another one of those things where I'm not sure what kind of legs it will have. It also airs on Sunday, a day on which there are already several shows I watch. Anyone planning to check it out?

So, is anyone planning to check out the new ABC Snow White reboot series, Once Upon a Time? Its got some good people in it -- I always liked Ginnifer Goodwin in Big Love -- and seems to be a kind of interesting concept since I'm a big fantasy guy. But its another one of those things where I'm not sure what kind of legs it will have. It also airs on Sunday, a day on which there are already several shows I watch. Anyone planning to check it out?

this show better make damn sense. i aint trying to watch lost again. that's a damn cop out and frustrates me to no end

this show better make damn sense. i aint trying to watch lost again. that's a damn cop out and frustrates me to no end

So all of Misfits is on Hulu now...I highly recommend it. It's like a British Heroes (season 1
tired.gif
) mixed with Californication and Kids.
pimp.gif

So all of Misfits is on Hulu now...I highly recommend it. It's like a British Heroes (season 1
tired.gif
) mixed with Californication and Kids.
pimp.gif

Saw PA3 last night with the girlfriend and some others...

I went to bed at 5AM
sick.gif
... I can't do ghosts/demons man. I just can't. Toby no offense man but you were kind of creepy, going up the sister's bedspread and shizz,
30t6p3b.gif

The brother had me
roll.gif

The ending
sick.gif
, damn garage, damn silhouette of a lady, damn symbols, damn cracking of bones, ugh.

Yeah, I'm a %*+#*.
laugh.gif

Saw PA3 last night with the girlfriend and some others...

I went to bed at 5AM
sick.gif
... I can't do ghosts/demons man. I just can't. Toby no offense man but you were kind of creepy, going up the sister's bedspread and shizz,
30t6p3b.gif

The brother had me
roll.gif

The ending
sick.gif
, damn garage, damn silhouette of a lady, damn symbols, damn cracking of bones, ugh.

Yeah, I'm a %*+#*.
laugh.gif

Got thru Fargo last night, first time seein it.

Eh, good but I dont see the whole great argument.  Did like McDormand, but was also a little annoyed with her accent and repeating herself. 
laugh.gif

Macy did nothing for me, Buscemi was cool, obviously, but I wanted to kill him myself for the way he hid the money. 
sick.gif
  Dude is gonna spot a damn ice scraper from a highway?  What happens when it snows again? 
laugh.gif
  Friggin idiot. 
To me it was like a 7. 

Gordon-Levitt Talks To Tarantino About Django Unchained; Premium Rush Moves to August 2012

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to join Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained (check out the already awesome cast). His schedule is tight but having Premium Rush moved from a January to August 2012 release should help, as Tarantino intends to start shooting Django in New Orleans in January, when Gordon-Levitt would have been busy doing Rush press. With this film, plus Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises and Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln coming up, Gordon-Levitt shouldn’t be too discouraged if he doesn’t manage to build the momentum necessary for a 50/50 Oscar nomination. He’s just getting started.

Stop. 
grin.gif

Just stop Quentin, come on, I can't take anymore of this casting.  Small market movies can't handle this type @#$% 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Got thru Fargo last night, first time seein it.

Eh, good but I dont see the whole great argument.  Did like McDormand, but was also a little annoyed with her accent and repeating herself. 
laugh.gif

Macy did nothing for me, Buscemi was cool, obviously, but I wanted to kill him myself for the way he hid the money. 
sick.gif
  Dude is gonna spot a damn ice scraper from a highway?  What happens when it snows again? 
laugh.gif
  Friggin idiot. 
To me it was like a 7. 

Gordon-Levitt Talks To Tarantino About Django Unchained; Premium Rush Moves to August 2012

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to join Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained (check out the already awesome cast). His schedule is tight but having Premium Rush moved from a January to August 2012 release should help, as Tarantino intends to start shooting Django in New Orleans in January, when Gordon-Levitt would have been busy doing Rush press. With this film, plus Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight Rises and Steven Spielberg’s Lincoln coming up, Gordon-Levitt shouldn’t be too discouraged if he doesn’t manage to build the momentum necessary for a 50/50 Oscar nomination. He’s just getting started.

Stop. 
grin.gif

Just stop Quentin, come on, I can't take anymore of this casting.  Small market movies can't handle this type @#$% 
sick.gif
laugh.gif

Cowboys & Aliens becomes the 500th movie to make $100 million domestic. 

I don't know if you get a cupcake for that or anything, but it's a nice round number I guess.  I remember not long ago there weren't even 100 movies to make that claim.  #Inflation

Cowboys & Aliens becomes the 500th movie to make $100 million domestic. 

I don't know if you get a cupcake for that or anything, but it's a nice round number I guess.  I remember not long ago there weren't even 100 movies to make that claim.  #Inflation

Back
Top Bottom