Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

First Look - Daniel Day-Lewis as Abraham Lincoln in the upcoming film 'Lincoln' by Steven Spielberg - http://bit.ly/sBW7GH
Stop it right now!
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Got a question about the director slot... do we choose 1 director for the entire draft period, or just one movie the director did? 
nerd.gif

Got a question about the director slot... do we choose 1 director for the entire draft period, or just one movie the director did? 
nerd.gif

I'd say, 1 director and everything he directed (not produced) from 1990-2011.

I think this should be a 2 director league though.
grin.gif

grin.gif

1 director, 1 movie. Not a body of work, same as a character. Not Jim Carrey for ALL his roles, just a specific one. Same rules apply.

1 director, 1 movie. Not a body of work, same as a character. Not Jim Carrey for ALL his roles, just a specific one. Same rules apply.

Sounds good.
Originally Posted by MrONegative

grin.gif

That'd be real top heavy. After 5 or so directors, there'd be a big drop in quality.

Sounds good.

grin.gif

That'd be real top heavy. After 5 or so directors, there'd be a big drop in quality.

Obviously with the actors, but then that's not really picking a director, that's picking a movie...so then every character in that movie is off limits?

So it doesn't really matter what director you pick, just pick the movie you thought had the best characters in it? I don't get it.

I would think you pick a director, he represents his body of work for the 2 decades.

Obviously with the actors, but then that's not really picking a director, that's picking a movie...so then every character in that movie is off limits?

So it doesn't really matter what director you pick, just pick the movie you thought had the best characters in it? I don't get it.

I would think you pick a director, he represents his body of work for the 2 decades.

I agree with this, however I'm the "new guy" to shabazz napier.

I agree with this, however I'm the "new guy" to shabazz napier.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Basically you're picking a director and the movie he best crafted that fits in the aforementioned time frame?

Pretty sure that's what CP's getting at. EX. Say it was an 80's draft, and I choose Scorsese for 'Raging Bull.' Anyone can still pick DeNiro for his role in the movie, but now Raging Bull is crossed off the list, but you could still pick, say The King of Comedy.

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Basically you're picking a director and the movie he best crafted that fits in the aforementioned time frame?

Pretty sure that's what CP's getting at. EX. Say it was an 80's draft, and I choose Scorsese for 'Raging Bull.' Anyone can still pick DeNiro for his role in the movie, but now Raging Bull is crossed off the list, but you could still pick, say The King of Comedy.

But if Scorsese did a lousy job with that film, you could deduct points, correct? Can't just give him the W just because his overall body is beastly.

But if Scorsese did a lousy job with that film, you could deduct points, correct? Can't just give him the W just because his overall body is beastly.

Aight then...with the 1st pick of the Duo-Decade Character Draft

The O-Negs select...A director, who can bring out the best in his players. Who can draw up the plays and even sub himself in once in a while....Who can handle all types of personalities with style, not just Italians.

He likes feet like any good coach should...and he doesn't look like a $@!!$.

pulp-fiction.jpg

Quentin Tarantino for Pulp Fiction

Aight then...with the 1st pick of the Duo-Decade Character Draft

The O-Negs select...A director, who can bring out the best in his players. Who can draw up the plays and even sub himself in once in a while....Who can handle all types of personalities with style, not just Italians.

He likes feet like any good coach should...and he doesn't look like a $@!!$.

pulp-fiction.jpg

Quentin Tarantino for Pulp Fiction

With the 2nd choice, I choose one of the greatest living directors, with what I believe is his greatest film...

Martin Scorsese, Goodfellas.

e71pno.jpg

With the 2nd choice, I choose one of the greatest living directors, with what I believe is his greatest film...

Martin Scorsese, Goodfellas.

e71pno.jpg

Back
Top Bottom