Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I'll catch up on this page in one post.
- Don't really think Stewart can act, she'll probably be the worst part of On the Road.

- Adventureland is awesome.. if only for Bill Hader and Martin Starr

- I really liked the Girls pilot and reviews say the show improves as well

- The season of Arrested Development will be watched in a single sitting, I can already predict I'll have nothing important to do that day.

yeah adventureland has some nice moments

im a big martin starr fan too J.

wait wait wait... you mean all in the same period like no break in the season right. you cant mean all in one day. i would lock myself in a room.

Bob's Burgers and the food trucks
laugh.gif
well done

Alfonso Cuaron with Catching Fire would be big time... I would be mildly intrigued by Bennett Miller as well.

Francis Lawrence, director of Constantine, I Am Legend, and Water for Elephants, will be the new director for Catching Fire.
Link

Opinions on Cabin in the Woods and Safehouse?

Looked up some reviews on both. Not great, which is disappointing.

Cabin in the Woods has received pretty high praise. 92% on Rotten Tomatoes and 8.2 on IMDB so far.

I really liked Cabin in the Woods. Funny, original, and played with horror movie cliches in an interesting and inventive way. JA posted his review (then a giant essay) a few pages back.

Cabin got great reviews everywhere. I'm not sure it'd be your cup of tea though ska.

Im sure a lot of you didnt like it but I absolutely loved Tron: Legacy. I thought it was a ton of fun and a nice way to turn my brain off. Simple, dumb entertainment. And dat soundtrack.
eek.gif

It feels like someone made a movie just for me.

I mean tell me that ain't Wolfram & Hart.

I'll type some wallpaper when I get a chance later.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Cabin got great reviews everywhere. I'm not sure it'd be your cup of tea though ska.

Im sure a lot of you didnt like it but I absolutely loved Tron: Legacy. I thought it was a ton of fun and a nice way to turn my brain off. Simple, dumb entertainment. And dat soundtrack.
eek.gif

I pop that BD in whenever I'm doing things around the house and just blast the surround sound.. The audio is so filthy.

eek.gif

Olivia Wilde was enough to make me like it.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Opinions on Cabin in the Woods and Safehouse?

Looked up some reviews on both. Not great, which is disappointing.
Safehouse was your typical modern-CIA-espionage movie. Lots of paranoia and guns; would have been better with someone who wasn't Ryan Reynolds as the lead. Denzel was his typical crazy self, still good at it, too. Brendan Gleeson? You see Green Zone? His character here pretty much picks up from where that character left off.

Movie was decent for what it was. Nothing I'd buy, but nothing I'm mad I spent time on.

The Raid.
Now that my mind isn't blown anymore, I think I can sufficiently review this. First off, this movie blew my mind even after I came in knowing what to expect. But the fight choreography, the brutality, the length of the fights... man. I was still caught by surprise. And none of it was blown out of proportion a la Crouching Tiger. The fights were just brutal. Hand to hand usually, but knives, batons, machetes, household appliances, they all make appearances.
Now, there's no background heading into the story. It's just following one rookie from when he wakes up that fateful morning, with no details, to learning who their target is on the way to the project. But that's not why anyone who watches this movie is here.

All in all, this is one of the most entertaining movies I've seen in years. The relentless action, the music, and one person's fighting in particular (Mad Dog)... I can see why it won a couple film festival awards. If you guys like any of Jet Li's or Chow-Yun Fat's movies, you'll love this. See it if it's in a theater near you. It'll be gone soon.

Opinions on The Incredible Hulk?

It's the only of The Avengers set-up films that I haven't seen yet. I thought Iron Man > Cap > Thor, but I enjoyed all three pretty well. How does The Incredible Hulk stand up? I blind bought it yesterday and just curious what the general consensus is about it.

Originally Posted by Noskey

eek.gif

Olivia Wilde was enough to make me like it.
My feelings exactly.
The Incredible Hulk was good enough. I don't know if I judge it fairly because I still had the bad taste of the first Hulk in my mind.. and Norton not being in the Avengers affected my opinion a bit too. I've probably only seen it once or twice, never really said "I want to see The Incredible Hulk today".

Hulk is the weakest of the Avengers movies by far, I think... It doesn't stand up to the other 4 at all.

Back
Top Bottom