Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I've... never HEARD of Evil Dead.
ohwell.gif

t7ek5u.gif

I just dont know what to say to you.

My favorite movie thus far is 'The Raid.' By far. '21 Jump Street' is up there too.

Just looked up Evil Dead. Saw it came out in 1981.

I swear I could make y'all feel like crap if you knew why I was so behind on any and all movies that came out before around 2000.
laugh.gif

hint: Pelzer

Just watched VEEP. The new show on HBO staring Elaine from Seinfeld.

My boy Buster Bluth shined

Thought the show was great but I'm into politics. Don't see it being a hit

I enjoyed The Incredible Hulk..didn't like Thor or Captain America too much 
ohwell.gif

Traded in 5 old DVDs today to BestBuy...Got The Godfather, Braveheart, and American Beauty for $5...The gf got When Harry met Sally and Dazed and Confused...I'll prob head back later on this week for some more
laugh.gif

How long does the Best Buy thing last?

And can someone explain it to me? I know I could Google it, but I trust you all over Yahoo! Answers or whatever else. I know CP had some issue understanding it when it was first brought up. But then again Oregon is just as bad as Yahoo answers

Originally Posted by JPZx

And can someone explain it to me? I know I could Google it, but I trust you all over Yahoo! Answers or whatever else. I know CP had some issue understanding it when it was first brought up. But then again Oregon is just as bad as Yahoo answers

I could help... but nah.

It's very simple. You bring in any old DVD (don't waste your time with box sets), and you get a 5 dollar off voucher for any Blu-ray 9.99 or over. Limit five per visit.

I've heard of very different opinions on the sale, but I like it. Some people have a difficult time with their Best Buy customer service. I did it today with no questions asked, though my Best Buy doesn't let me come back in with another chunk of DVDs, I can only get 5 per day.

Also, a lot of people go to a dollar store, and trade in cheap 25 cent/1 dollar DVDs. I personally have never tried that because I've had no problems finding duplicates of DVDs I now own on Blu-ray. I've probably exchanged about 20 DVDs now, which is 100 dollars off. Many of the Blu-ray's end up being 5-10 dollars. They got stuff like Gladiator, Braveheart, and Saving Private Ryan for 9.99, which would go down to 4.99 after you exchange a DVD. Got some great deals, I gotta say.

I'm going back later this week to pick up Dr. Strangelove and Paranormal 3 for thirteen each after discount, and see if Psycho and Boondock Saints are still there at five each, maybe I'll wait to see if there are any deals next week before I splurge on anything else. The deal goes on until May 12th btw.

I really wish I had a more expansive store nearby, my store is pretty small, only like two aisles of Blu-rays. I've heard of some stores having upto like 8 aisles.
eek.gif
. Heaven...

12 Angry Men Criterion
Dazed and Confused Criterion
Wayne's World
Ferris Bueller
Fast Times
Billy Madison
Happy Gilmore
Boondock Saints
Source Code
Hugo
Forgetting Sarah Marshall ($5 with no coupon needed and $10 movie cash for 5 year engagement. Steal.)

For me today... Total out of my wallet: $35 and change. Reward zone points took care of the rest.

And there's a TON of movies to be had for $5-10... Just do yourself a favor and know what you want before you go in. None of the Best Buys by me ever make prices in the aisles or update stickers, so if you haven't shopped online before hand, you'd never know what kind of deals you can get...

Every time this sale comes around, I make up a short list of movies and carry it into the store with me along with BB's online prices so I can price match if something rings up more expensive in the store. I've probably traded and upgraded 25 or 30 DVDs through this sale over the last few times they've done it. If I can upgrade a DVD to BD for $5 through this, I do it every time. Then there are so many other deals over the course of the three weeks or so that this usually runs.

Like I said, just shop ahead online and know what you want.. It'll save you a TON of time.

I going back to try and find The Descent and the Evil Dead this week. Maybe The Departed and A Clockwork Orange as well.

Does the voucher have to go towards the same DVD I would put in? So lets say I brought in the DVD of Fargo, would that voucher have to be used on a Fargo Blu-Ray? I would guess no, but how would they stop you from bringing in awful DVDs like "Billy Banks Tae Bo for Men & Women".

It can be used for ANY blu-ray over 9.99... Doesn't matter what titles you brought in.

And you could probably get away with Billy Blanks DVDs as long as its in the original case and has the artwork. They recycle the discs from what I've been told, so they really do not care what you bring in as long as it's in the original case.

Does the voucher have to go towards the same DVD I would put in? So lets say I brought in the DVD of Fargo, would that voucher have to be used on a Fargo Blu-Ray? I would guess no, but how would they stop you from bringing in awful DVDs like "Billy Banks Tae Bo for Men & Women".
You can trade in any DVD to get any Blu-ray 9.99 or above for 5 dollars cheaper. I've never been rejected a DVD.

Just a couple suggestions, if you don't have them, The Thing (Carpenter), Moon, Nightmare on Elm St (Craven), Army of Darkness, Drag Me to Hell, and Last House on the Left remake are all 9.99 before couponing.

Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Some of you buy more movies in one store trip than I have to my name over 24 years. 
laugh.gif
Pretty much since DVDs were invented, I haven't had a birthday or Christmas that didn't involve at least a couple DVDs. It was the go-to gift from my brothers (which we don't do any more since collectively we have every movie ever made, but now I can get them Blu-Rays). But once I started using Netflix a couple years ago, I don't think I've bought a movie for myself since then
laugh.gif

Also, did anyone else use DIVX in the early days of DVDs? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DIVX for those unfamiliar. I remember we had one of the earliest DVD players that could also play DIVX discs from Circuit City
laugh.gif

Four Episodes into Dexter Season 6!

They are going absolutely reckless this season. The F-Bombs are in full force, Bautista and Quinn are smokin weed and have the munchies, the gore and graphic *!!% is as intense as I've ever seen, and Quinn @@%*$$+ the chick doggystyle
laugh.gif

Don't spoil anything anybody. It's starting out very good.

I feel like I'm watching Se7en, though.

It's definitely a different season.
laugh.gif

Nowitness, how much was that 12 Angry Men/Dazed and Confused Criterion? I saw a Criterion of Fear and Loathing and thought it said 9.99 but I thought it was the other release, but if you got those for 9.99, I need to run back ASAP.

Dexter...shoulda ended on top with Season 5.
grin.gif

But since it's the face of Showtime, they got thirsty and gave them 3 more seasons.
Iono, ask Big J, I jumped ship on season 6 a fewweeks before everyone got mad and realized why I was hatin.
laugh.gif

My own personal stuff, I'm somewhere around 500 DVDs, nother 100 Blu's, with my wife prolly chippin in another 125 or so DVDs. I've opened maybe half of em.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

Dexter...shoulda ended on top with Season 5.
grin.gif

But since it's the face of Showtime, they got thirsty and gave them 3 more seasons.
Iono, ask Big J, I jumped ship on season 6 a fewweeks before everyone got mad and realized why I was hatin.
laugh.gif
Wait, so there's going to be at least 8 seasons of Dexter, so at least two more?

My DVD/Blu-Ray collection is a little sickening, I got about 800 DVDs and another 200 Blu's.
30t6p3b.gif
All that money.
sick.gif

Back
Top Bottom