Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by jville819

Fast Five was one of the best movies of 2011

#$@* what ya heard, that !++% was great

pimp.gif

AHS in an insane asylum sounds promising.

Not gonna lie, I know Kate is
devil.gif
, but AHS got me convinced she'd do some foul @+*% like try to cut your ____ off during.
laugh.gif

Young maid on the other hand....
embarassed.gif
somehow...

So I guess I gotta read another kids series, cuz Charlie Kaufman is adapting the Chaos Walking trilogy.
Supposed to be the next Hunger Games.

...It's Charlie !$$%#!! Kaufman.
Murakami can wait, again.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by jville819

Fast Five was one of the best movies of 2011

#$@* what ya heard, that !++% was great
Just watched this for the first time last night. Really enjoyed it. Great movie? Not so much. Super entertaining? Definitely. My only complaint with the movie is with the Tyrese character. He was annoying and didn't add anything, save for continuity with prior films in the franchise. I was cool with everyone else. I'd watch it again.   

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Fast and Furious SIX?

Jesus Christ, go to hell Fast and Furious. Worse than Saw with this $%!!..
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Iono bout you sometimes. Sound dumb as hell right here. And let it be known, Fast 7 will be made, 2015.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Fast and Furious SIX?

Jesus Christ, go to hell Fast and Furious. Worse than Saw with this $%!!..
sick.gif

30t6p3b.gif
Iono bout you sometimes. Sound dumb as hell right here. And let it be known, Fast 7 will be made, 2015.
And I won't be seeing that one either.
laugh.gif

Just ain't my thing man, just like Ska and horror movies. My **** doesn't get hard off of cars and Vin Diesel, sorry.

someone eccomend me some good under the radar movies

I been in a big movie slump. haven't been wowed in a while.

Anyone see Bronson?

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Honestly, I love BOTH franchises, Saw and FF.  Not really sure why Saw gets the hate it does, I actually was on board with it up til about 5, maybe 6 before they lost me.  The storylines managed to come around full circle so many times.  There was a lot of writing that I really enjoyed.  However, their one main hole was the sheer nuttiness of their traps.  Every single second needing to be perfectly timed for the plots to come full circle, that part was a bit weak. 

Just got thru Sherlock 2, liked it, alot.  RDJ is a beast.  And now I have seen 2 movies that Jude Law wasn't such a %%!+#. 

Veep, interesting.  When did the little girl from My Girl grow up? 
eek.gif
  I never got that memo.  For a 30 minute show, I think they broke Entourage's record for most profanities.  Dunno if that's good or bad. 

^
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Honestly, I love BOTH franchises, Saw and FF.  Not really sure why Saw gets the hate it does, I actually was on board with it up til about 5, maybe 6 before they lost me.  The storylines managed to come around full circle so many times.  There was a lot of writing that I really enjoyed.  However, their one main hole was the sheer nuttiness of their traps.  Every single second needing to be perfectly timed for the plots to come full circle, that part was a bit weak. 

Just got thru Sherlock 2, liked it, alot.  RDJ is a beast.  And now I have seen 2 movies that Jude Law wasn't such a %%!+#. 

Veep, interesting.  When did the little girl from My Girl grow up? 
eek.gif
  I never got that memo.  For a 30 minute show, I think they broke Entourage's record for most profanities.  Dunno if that's good or bad. 
That was the fun part about the Saw franchise, that the writing was pretty good throughout, but nothing came to top the first.

YOOOOO, that trailer for Lawless looks legit. 
pimp.gif

You see that Zombie Massacre trailer after it's over? 
nerd.gif

You liked it? See, I almost loved the first Sherlock. (Rachel McAdams...chick is the goods, but she didn't fit same way Mila didn't fit in Book of Eli)
But Sherlock 2 just felt stuffy, with no rhythm or direction. It had most of the right ingredients, but none of the chemistry?

...The movie's beautifully shot, with some really well done set pieces. The acting is there, but the character arcs just all felt like distraction after distraction without any real well-told story underneath it. Nothing is sincere here. This might be a good _______, but it's not Sherlock Holmes to me. Holmes himself is suddenly Jason Statham/Bourne mixed with Ricky Gervais? They just do the genius flash to get out of every situation or he puts on a dress/costume. This isn't the guy from the first movie at all. More like the smartest dude in Shanghai Noon. And now I like Noomi Rapace, but she didn't fit here. Jude Law's wife was good, but most of his stuff just came out flat. Maybe all of that is because all they do is shoot and fight and crack bad jokes or ramble about their character arc you don't care to remember the 5th time they remind you about it.

The plot's everywhere but good. The movie didn't have a sincere pulse to me...but everyone still did a really good job? Get me? lol

Lawless ... thanks to Taking Shelter surprising the hell outta me, I'm gonna stay away from all trailers to anything I know I'm gonna watch.
Check out the director's last movie, The Proposition. I almost picked it in the 2000s draft for western. That movie is ruthless.
sick.gif

It certainly had it's holes, yes, but my liking it was the strength of RDJ + Moriarty.  All the stuff you mentioned was just the same to me in the first one.  If I'm going to enjoy the first, I have to give 2 a pass then.  They stay with the circle storytelling and flash forwards, just increased them from 1.  Honestly, the chess scene alone makes up for a lot of the holes.  It was awesome watchin them play not even looking at the board and talking about other stuff at the same time. 
eek.gif
laugh.gif
smokin.gif

The chess scene was good...I'll give you that.
I hated the first half, but second half had some good *+$@.
Mark Strong > Moriarty though...seriously...how do you +*%$ that up? Strong should've played Moriarty.

It's just fundamentally, there was something really fragile that they just got right on point in the first one for me. And then that completely came crashing down in the 2nd. Sherlock + Watson is ridiculous and annoying and homoerotic and I guess their idea of the only character development in the movie...
30t6p3b.gif
And you can tell it's not the actor's fault, RDJ and Law both kill it, but the plotting and character arcs are so dumb in the first half, that I barely even cared in the 2nd. Noomi was so damn one-note. Sherlock was so smart and well done. One of the best surprises of 09. This was just nothing. Iron Man 2 all over again.

If you like...just take the movie scene by scene and ignore the parts that are annoying and forced and overcooked, there's some good stuff in it. Some of it really is funny in pieces, but altogether, it's a joke. It's just a little bit wittier Pirates of the Carrbean sequel. but I don't think I could ever sit through it again.

Stop dissing Iron Man 2.  But yes, I see the comparison, take it part by part, frame by frame and it survives, take it as the whole big picture, it doesn't come off symmetrically.

IM2 had a lot of greatness in it.  They just got sold out.  Not their fault.  Rourke was solid, dude from Moon was phenomenal, dealing with the switch for Rodie, and then adding a larger role for Sam and Black Widow  (off topic, I read that Scarlett doesn't wear anything under that black suit, ummmmm what was I saying......) but yeah, IM2 wasn't as horrible as people label it.  Had a lot of heart, just had a lot working against it.  And imo, the whole drinking/dying/self destructive angle was exactly from the comics.  It's what Tony Stark is/was about, and part of why RDJ was so perfect for it.  People never mention that, too busy bein mad about ad placements. 

Back
Top Bottom