Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

A lot of people have been speculating about whether or not I'd go with the Shawshank Redemption. Sure it makes sense to pick it here, third overall, it's the safe pick, guaranteed to get some applause and well-deserved head nods from everyone, and hell, no living soul could pick against a movie narrated by Morgan Freeman, but, the notion of soul is arbitrary and although I believe in its existence, it's been recycled by too many succubi to affect my film of choice:

Spoiler [+]
Silence of the Lambs - Thriller
Nice selection. Believe it or not, I read the original screenplay by Ted Tally, watched the film, and read Syd Fields analysis of the film just earlier this week.
I never really put together the idea that Crawford and Lecter were filling a "father" figure void left by Clarice's dead father until I read the analysis. Then again, in the screenplay it really seemed like Crawford would have been more of a love interest. I still should have caught it though..
last year in my Cinema study class we watched Silence of the Lambs, I have a new appreciation for the film, solid pick.

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

A lot of people have been speculating about whether or not I'd go with the Shawshank Redemption. Sure it makes sense to pick it here, third overall, it's the safe pick, guaranteed to get some applause and well-deserved head nods from everyone, and hell, no living soul could pick against a movie narrated by Morgan Freeman, but, the notion of soul is arbitrary and although I believe in its existence, it's been recycled by too many succubi to affect my film of choice:

Spoiler [+]
Silence of the Lambs - Thriller
Nice selection. Believe it or not, I read the original screenplay by Ted Tally, watched the film, and read Syd Fields analysis of the film just earlier this week.
I never really put together the idea that Crawford and Lecter were filling a "father" figure void left by Clarice's dead father until I read the analysis. Then again, in the screenplay it really seemed like Crawford would have been more of a love interest. I still should have caught it though..
last year in my Cinema study class we watched Silence of the Lambs, I have a new appreciation for the film, solid pick.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

In case anyone missed the spoiler, the order is:

1. Illmaticsoul
2. Noskey
3. JohnnyRed
4. MrONegative
5. Dirk
6. Dub
7. CP
8. Venom
9. Big J
10. Prime
11. JPZ
12. Kool
Dirk's up, but he hasn't checked in all day.  I saw him about 2 hours ago in the NBA thread, maybe he'll check in in a bit. 

Originally Posted by MrONegative

In case anyone missed the spoiler, the order is:

1. Illmaticsoul
2. Noskey
3. JohnnyRed
4. MrONegative
5. Dirk
6. Dub
7. CP
8. Venom
9. Big J
10. Prime
11. JPZ
12. Kool
Dirk's up, but he hasn't checked in all day.  I saw him about 2 hours ago in the NBA thread, maybe he'll check in in a bit. 

CP maybe at the top of every page we should have a draft order and the picks that were made by their respective owner that round, to help things

CP maybe at the top of every page we should have a draft order and the picks that were made by their respective owner that round, to help things

Yeah that's why I put this one here, but it gets hard to do that for each page as you go along. But I'll try to keep listing the order as much as I can. 

Yeah that's why I put this one here, but it gets hard to do that for each page as you go along. But I'll try to keep listing the order as much as I can. 

I suggest adding the movie they picked

so far

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Goodfellas
3. Silence of the Lambs
4. Fight Club

I suggest adding the movie they picked

so far

1. Pulp Fiction
2. Goodfellas
3. Silence of the Lambs
4. Fight Club

NT I need help with 2 movies...

A basketball one and a football one..

In the bball one.. a bullet goes through the ball, the backboard, and then into a ladys forehead....It was nuts
laugh.gif
. ...

In the football one... a guy scores a touchdown and then shoots himself in the head... it was also nuts..

Do you guys have any idea????????

NT I need help with 2 movies...

A basketball one and a football one..

In the bball one.. a bullet goes through the ball, the backboard, and then into a ladys forehead....It was nuts
laugh.gif
. ...

In the football one... a guy scores a touchdown and then shoots himself in the head... it was also nuts..

Do you guys have any idea????????

Originally Posted by Noskey

Originally Posted by JPZx

Everything looks good fellas.
Indeed it does
nerd.gif

With the #2 pick, Noskey selects:

Goodfellas.

Ah damn so you caught that huh?
laugh.gif

Fight Club off the board
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif
... didn't think it would last until 11 but whatever.

Indeed it does
nerd.gif

Goodfellas.

laugh.gif

Fight Club off the board
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Indeed it does
nerd.gif

Goodfellas.

laugh.gif

Fight Club off the board
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Only after I made the pick 
laugh.gif
Subtle, but so obvious at the same time
laugh.gif

Indeed it does
nerd.gif

Goodfellas.

laugh.gif

Fight Club off the board
30t6p3b.gif
tired.gif

Only after I made the pick 
laugh.gif
Subtle, but so obvious at the same time
laugh.gif

I'll see if I can get ahold of Dirk and let him know he's up.

I also won't be able to update the spreadsheet until tomorrow. I'm about to go out for the night.

Back
Top Bottom