Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ The Simmons article was a good read. (I confess I didn't read every word). I agree with a lot of the stuff he said, but there were a couple random things I took issue with. I don't lump Life in with Eddie Murphy's other post-80s movies. Its different that a lof the stuff he was cranking out at the time and, actually, one of my favorite Eddie Murphy movies. I wouldn't put in the same class as 48 Hours, Trading Places or BHC 1, but its light years better than the Nutty Professor movies, etc.

Also, Simmons described the Beach as Leo's throwaway movie. I actully like that one too. Was it a great movie? No. But its definitely worth watching once, if for no other reason that it was DiCaprio's first movie after Titanic.
I am weird I liked Harlem Nights.. although it was contrived.
Life is one of those movies where you have to open yourself to a beginning thats going to suck. The acting overall is decent but not great. It should be considered one of his serious movies, but where the comedic actors shined the most.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

^^^ The Simmons article was a good read. (I confess I didn't read every word). I agree with a lot of the stuff he said, but there were a couple random things I took issue with. I don't lump Life in with Eddie Murphy's other post-80s movies. Its different that a lof the stuff he was cranking out at the time and, actually, one of my favorite Eddie Murphy movies. I wouldn't put in the same class as 48 Hours, Trading Places or BHC 1, but its light years better than the Nutty Professor movies, etc.

Also, Simmons described the Beach as Leo's throwaway movie. I actully like that one too. Was it a great movie? No. But its definitely worth watching once, if for no other reason that it was DiCaprio's first movie after Titanic.
I am weird I liked Harlem Nights.. although it was contrived.
Life is one of those movies where you have to open yourself to a beginning thats going to suck. The acting overall is decent but not great. It should be considered one of his serious movies, but where the comedic actors shined the most.

basketball: hoosiers & coach carter
baseball: moneyball (i may be biased considering i'm an Oakland A's fan)
football: borderline between friday night lights & remember the titans
boxing: unforgivable blackness: the rise and fall of jack johnson

moneyball was so dope..

basketball: hoosiers & coach carter
baseball: moneyball (i may be biased considering i'm an Oakland A's fan)
football: borderline between friday night lights & remember the titans
boxing: unforgivable blackness: the rise and fall of jack johnson

moneyball was so dope..

Margin Call was excellent imo.  I really liked it, great cast, solid performances, good story, but man is it frustrating if that is how it truly all went down.  A handful of rich @#$%^ that totally dump the entire country, or multiple countries for that matter into a @#$% storm at the drop of a hat. 
30t6p3b.gif
  It's not a movie you'll pop in 19 times and enjoy, but it's def worth a watch or two.  Tucci, Baker, Quinto, Spacey, Demi, Irons, jobs well done.
pimp.gif

Margin Call was excellent imo.  I really liked it, great cast, solid performances, good story, but man is it frustrating if that is how it truly all went down.  A handful of rich @#$%^ that totally dump the entire country, or multiple countries for that matter into a @#$% storm at the drop of a hat. 
30t6p3b.gif
  It's not a movie you'll pop in 19 times and enjoy, but it's def worth a watch or two.  Tucci, Baker, Quinto, Spacey, Demi, Irons, jobs well done.
pimp.gif

No I haven't seen Too big to fail.  But I have seen Paranormal Activity 2, and I really enjoyed it.  It tied in with 1 perfectly.  Yet to see 3 though, but I assume I will at some point. 

No I haven't seen Too big to fail.  But I have seen Paranormal Activity 2, and I really enjoyed it.  It tied in with 1 perfectly.  Yet to see 3 though, but I assume I will at some point. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Following Brett Ratner's exit as Oscars producer, Eddie Murphy will not be hosting this year.

Link
I'm actually kind of glad.  For some reason, I didn't see this hosting gig going real well for Eddie.  Sucks that the Oscars producers now only have 3 months to put a show together though. 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Following Brett Ratner's exit as Oscars producer, Eddie Murphy will not be hosting this year.

Link
I'm actually kind of glad.  For some reason, I didn't see this hosting gig going real well for Eddie.  Sucks that the Oscars producers now only have 3 months to put a show together though. 

^ Just that was out, couldn't remember where I heard of it from. Trailer reminds me of Lord of War, I'll check it out.

And um...last night's Sons of Anarchy...
eek.gif
!!!! feeling like a Sunday show
smokin.gif
...and I was ready to give up on it last year.
smile.gif

^ Just that was out, couldn't remember where I heard of it from. Trailer reminds me of Lord of War, I'll check it out.

eek.gif
smokin.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by MrONegative

eek.gif
smokin.gif
smile.gif

The Ireland story kind of took me out of the show a little, but this season's pulling me back in. Last night...
eek.gif
is right.

Originally Posted by MrONegative

eek.gif
smokin.gif
smile.gif

The Ireland story kind of took me out of the show a little, but this season's pulling me back in. Last night...
eek.gif
is right.

I like how the Ireland storyline came together at the end, even though it dragged a couple of times. 

I didn't set my DVR to record this season, does FX have an HBOGo type website to catch up on SOA?

I like how the Ireland storyline came together at the end, even though it dragged a couple of times. 

I didn't set my DVR to record this season, does FX have an HBOGo type website to catch up on SOA?

Back
Top Bottom