Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah, that trailer looks dope.

A couple that was trying to rob him though. They just picked the wrong house :lol:

:smokin

Last edited:
Passengers: Jennifer Lawrence, Chris Pratt are out of this world in exclusive first photos

Passengers — in theaters Dec. 21 — pairs Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt on a luxury intersteller spaceship bound for the Homestead II colony 120 years away. They’re two out of 5,000 souls traveling in suspended animation before they’re mistakenly awakened 90 years too early. Alone in outer space with a giant ship as their personal playground, they begin to fall in love just as it becomes apparent that the ship is malfunctioning and endangering its entire population.
http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/12/passengers-chris-pratt-jennifer-lawrence-photos

heading to watch suicide squad tonight. have avoided reading any detailed reviews outside of headlines. will form my own opinion :lol:

If I was on the fence Big J pushed me to one side :lol:

I had already decided to wait for the extended version but it really doesn't sound worth the price of admission.

watched 3 eps of animal kingdom. it's not bad so far. point breakish i guess. should i keep going?

Last edited:
^^^you won't regret it. I didn't get at first, I get it now. Movie feels real as hell

Last edited:
heading to watch suicide squad tonight. have avoided reading any detailed reviews outside of headlines. will form my own opinion :lol:

welp...entertained but not even close to blown away.

thought the villain was a little lame/lazy/blah. too many characters, too little depth. plot was rather blah. feel like it could have been done a lot better. that said, i didn't hate it. i thought leto's joker was solid. harley was good but i expected even more from reactions/reviews i heard. actually thought diablo wasn't bad either. deadshot was good. the rest of the squad...meh. boomerang did nothing for me. croc...nada. i'm a realist with these movies. i get it. they're not going to be cinematic masterpieces. so overall, it was entertaining enough.

I heard the ss script was written in 6 weeks. The rush job was obvious. They need to take a step back and not rush stuff but they rush stuff and take a few miles back.

I do plan on seeing it again, so maybe my opinion will improve on it. I never need your average action or superhero movid to hit the highest marks across the board, but it was average or below average in too many areasNot fantastic four level bad, but below BvS a level. I'm going to read through like 50 pages of the official thread when I have free time and catch up :lol:

I heard the ss script was written in 6 weeks. The rush job was obvious. They need to take a step back and not rush stuff but they rush stuff and take a few miles back.

why the rush? so they could get the trailer out to us 3 years in advance??!?! :rofl:

im exaggerating, but that was also part of the problem

thought the villain was a little lame/lazy/blah. too many characters, too little depth. plot was rather blah. feel like it could have been done a lot better. that said, i didn't hate it. i thought leto's joker was solid. harley was good but i expected even more from reactions/reviews i heard. actually thought diablo wasn't bad either. deadshot was good. the rest of the squad...meh. boomerang did nothing for me. croc...nada. i'm a realist with these movies. i get it. they're not going to be cinematic masterpieces. so overall, it was entertaining enough.

This is honestly one of the more favorable reviews of it I've seen.

I just don't get how some ppl who liked the movie read stuff or post reviews like that and then say you should go see it too.

This is honestly one of the more favorable reviews of it I've seen.

:lol:

i was just trying to keep it fair. was honestly how i felt

You gotta remember a lot for those dudes are on edge and desperate. This DC shared movieverse hasn't created 1 universally praised movie yet, 4 years in 3 movies out.

They've created this narrative where if you read critic reviews you're letting them form your opinion for you and you hate the movie before you saw it and even if you do see it and form your opinion on your own, if you don't like it then you're a sheep that is just following everybody else who saw it and didn't like it.

They've created a bull **** scenario where the only way you're not a sheep is if you "go against the grain" and praise the movie :lol:

Its always the DC movies :smh:

Last edited:
Weekend Recap (so far)

Star Trek Beyond 4.5/8 the weakest in my opinion.

Sausage Party 6.5/8 I really enjoyed it thought it was funny throughout. A recycled Nick Kroll character but it was exactly what I was expecting.

Headed to Pete's Dragon today and Hell or High Water tomorror. Will post ratings.

Back
Top Bottom