Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Office Christmas Party was :pimp:

:rofl:

I thought there would be a lot of telegraphed jokes and there were, but they worked. Munn plays this role well. It's pretty much the character she played in Newsroom.

Bateman + Anniston always seems to work and the Jewish guy from Silicon Valley was actually tolerable. McKinnon killed it. She should be carrying her own film soon. She should have stayed that voluptuous size she was when she first signed on to SNL. Still cool with me but the meat was better. Vanessa Bayer did well too though she didn't have many lines.

Last edited:
Office Christmas Party was :pimp:

:rofl:

I thought there would be a lot of telegraphed jokes and there were, but they worked. Munn plays this role well. It's pretty much the character she played in Newsroom.

Bateman + Anniston always seems to work and the Jewish guy from Silicon Valley was actually tolerable. McKinnon killed it. She should be carrying her own film soon. She should have stayed that voluptuous size she was when she first signed on to SNL. Still cool with me but the meat was better. Vanessa Bayer did well too though she didn't have many lines.

disappointed i missed out in seeing that but it's good to hear the movie was funny

i quite enjoyed office christmas party. bateman and munn were good leads and sheesh that cast ... just full of comedic titans

it def tread some familiar ground but the jokes hit for me more than they missed

my mans courtney b vance was WILIN :lol: :rofl:

Last edited:
I'd rank it Get Out > Kong > Logan

Logan wasn't terrible. It's good but just massively, massively overhyped. It was a simply written story with a bare bones, depressing plot that was elevated by great acting. Fox is just lucky that they casted well.

Kong had script issues but I'm putting it ahead of Logan cuz of the enjoyment factor. It was just a fun movie.

Get Out put it together. Pretty good acting plus a pretty nice script. It was fun to watch, funny, a little spooky and kept you guessing.

Last edited:
the more I think about it, the movie is very similar to Nebraska.. but that obviously had a far better conclusion to its story

I'd rank it Get Out > Kong > Logan

Logan wasn't terrible. It's good but just massively, massively overhyped. It was a simply written story with a bare bones, depressing plot that was elevated by great acting. Fox is just lucky that they casted well.

Kong had script issues but I'm putting it ahead of Logan cuz of the enjoyment factor. It was just a fun movie.

Get Out put it together. Pretty good acting plus a pretty nice script. It was fun to watch, funny, a little spooky and kept you guessing.
Get Out > Logan > Kong for me. Kong had a lot of throw away moments and the Skullcrushers were trash.

i loved watchmen movie and i read and enjoyed the graphic novel prior to watching the movie. soundtrack was great too.

rewatched force awakens. the acting was really good in this movie. easily the best acting performances out of the 7 in the series thus far. boyega, ridley, and driver were fantastic.

what did people want out of the end of Logan?
Hope I think.

From one poster I read that Logan should've got his **** together, started living Charles teachings and take the lead when he realized Eden was being ran by a bunch of children.

But to me the movie was so sad and depressing nothing about it could really change that outside of Charles jumping to yet another comatose body :lol:

Last edited:
Logan

I mean really dude did all that he could do for them, and he did it his way. becoming the new Charles would have been way out of character.

Last edited:
Logan was great..
Despite knowing it was the right and best ending, I was half expecting them to pull a Batman v Superman and have the rocks start to move or one fall off the pile to signal he's still alive.

Warner Brothers moving forward with a Matrix reboot. :stoneface:

**** you WB.

After the first matrix i really didnt like the trilogy.

I think the Wack sisters are overrated directors

Warner Brothers moving forward with a Matrix reboot. :stoneface:

**** you WB.
Actually they called it a relaunch not a reboot. Relaunch meaning like what happened with the star wars prequels or episode 7

Also it's been 14 years since the end of the trilogy and 18 years since the original. You don't just sit on a property for that long and not do anything with it

It's 1 of their biggest properties. We already have a new set of Harry Potter movies, as soon as the Tolkien heir dies that's holding up the rights for any similarian movies your gonna get some of those, and DCEU is churning out films. This was an inevitable eventuality vis a vis new movies

Last edited:
I just hope their is far better execution then anything done terminator wise after T2

Hope I think.

From one poster I read that Logan should've got his **** together, started living Charles teachings and take the lead when he realized Eden was being ran by a bunch of children.

But to me the movie was so sad and depressing nothing about it could really change that outside Charles jumping to yet another comatose body :lol:

This is what I said.. but that's not completely it

Obviously logan is a broken man in the film, we even get hints of potential suicide

Not even necessarily hope.. just for him to get his act together at the end after losing professor X and that family that just welcomed them in.. hell, caliban

But nope dude slept for couple days.. got the vitamin S boost from 1 of the kids.. REACTED to the kids being attacked.. have the vitamin S wear off.. get bodied.. and Laura used his bullet

They could have very easily had logan have his last redeemable moment.. have him organize the kids and use their powers as a team against those guys with him acting as mentor

Then him realizing he would have to sacrifice himself to save them from the clone.. and then you have Laura use the bullet.. but obviously you have the scene with him giving it to her

Hope I think.

But to me the movie was so sad and depressing nothing about it could really change that outside Charles jumping to yet another comatose body
laugh.gif
This is what I said.. but that's not completely it
Obviously logan is a broken man in the film, we even get hints of potential suicide

Not even necessarily hope.. just for him to get his act together at the end after losing professor X and that family that just welcomed them in.. hell, caliban

But nope dude slept for couple days.. got the vitamin S boost from 1 of the kids.. REACTED to the kids being attacked.. have the vitamin S wear off.. get bodied.. and Laura used his bullet

They could have very easily had logan have his last redeemable moment.. have him organize the kids and use their powers as a team against those guys with him acting as mentor

Then him realizing he would have to sacrifice himself to save them from the clone.. and then you have Laura use the bullet.. but obviously you have the scene with him giving it to her
dude was dying from the start of the movie

dude's stomach was ripped open by x24, had to be driven to the doctor by his daughter cause he passed out. had to be driven to eden by his daughter because he kept passing out. woke up at eden got out the jeep and passed out. he keeps passing out cause he's kind of dying from major wounds on top of adamantium poisoning.

of course dude had to react to them being attacked due to the fact that they had no idea the reavers even knew about eden let alone where it was and were on their way.

I get that.. but the whole film was professor x wanting the 2 of them to do something bigger for their kind.. to have one last meaningful moment

Logan was the reluctant hero of the film.. I get that dude was dying or trying to kill himself

The professor wanted redemption.. logan had given up.. after the professor dying, that should have been his wake up call

But at least go out in a blaze of glory.. have something at least meaningful before going out.. muster up something

Could have done something else other than sleep.. he was well aware those ppl weren't going away, they tracked him to the hideout where the professor and caliban were.. then to the farm

Dude is/was wolverine, he should be used to that crap.. of anyone he should have been the one to tell the children you have to be prepared for when these people come cause they will come, use that damn cynicism and obviously the training he received all them years from the xmen and professor x

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom