Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

You took Green Room to be a thriller/horror? I didn't get that vibe at all.
Howd you take it? To me it's a thriller/suspense at least. The gore lends it to the horror genre, but not a traditional sense or even as a slasher movie. Loosely tied to horror? Idk exactly, but the terrorizing of the band and fight to survive was very much a horror plot. The execution was much better than a normal modern horror though.

Started A Private War starring Rosmary Pike on Saturday & finished it this morning. The movie is ok & has it's flaws, but Pike delivers a great performance. Surprised she didn't get any award noms for this flick. It's based on a great journalist & documentarian Marie Colvin who tragically died in '12 covering the war in Syria. Rented this onDemand & recommend it for people who like this kind of flick.

Last edited:
Howd you take it? To me it's a thriller/suspense at least. The gore lends it to the horror genre, but not a traditional sense or even as a slasher movie. Loosely tied to horror? Idk exactly, but the terrorizing of the band and fight to survive was very much a horror plot. The execution was much better than a normal modern horror though.

Ooooooo I'm an idiot! :blush: :lol: I read your post too fast and thought you watched Green Book. Saw band as well and just kept with it. I didn't see Green Room.

Nothing to see here. Carry on.

giphy.gif

Bryan Singer's Name Removed from Bohemian Rhapsody's BAFTA Nominations

Red Sonja Film on Hold Due to Bryan Singer Controversy

Get this pedo outta here
I’m mean the premise of the Aladdin story takes place in a specific region... ya’ll need to at least do your googles before you speak on topics...
So wait, it takes place in a specific region so the totally fictional being has to be from there as well? :lol:

This is a farfetched situation. The genie might as well be an alien. Its a magical being that grants wishes. I don't think it's suppose to look like it's from a specific region.

The vid was just posted of the animated movie. Are ppl that touchy about Robin Williams not being from that specific region since he voiced the genie?

I mean **** what's next. The movie is in English.

I know I'm probably the only on here that watches Korean drama, but damn Memories of the Alahambra is fire. Lots of mystery, flash forwards, flashbacks and jumping character perspectives to fill in the pieces. It has a really non-linear storytelling structure which I like. I'm mad there's almost no one I can talk to irl about this show LOL 8/8

My synopsis of this show : Think virtual reality game gone wrong with a slow build, mystery and a little bit of romance sprinkled in

Last edited:
I know I'm probably the only on here that watches Korean drama, but damn Memories of the Alahambra is fire. Lots of mystery, flash forwards, flashbacks and jumping character perspectives to fill in the pieces. It has a really non-linear storytelling structure which I like. I'm mad there's almost no one I can talk to irl about this show LOL 8/8

One of my Korean friends and my brother kept getting me to watch it. They were pretty obsessed with it...although they did say the ending was complete trash :lol:

If it's on Netflix I'm sure you can find some ppl to discuss the show.

I got a grip of shows like that.

Bad Times at the El Royale 5.2/8

There was a really good movie somewhere in there but it kinda fell flat towards the end, so I was left with a “what was the point” feeling. GREAT performances from the entire cast. Killer music. Some pretty good cinematography. Total Tarantino vibe to it. I recommend the watch, because it was kinda entertaining. Just don’t expect to be blown away.

Anyone seen Monsters and Men?

Denzel's son is in it.
Yes I dug it once I saw what they were going for. All stories were interesting.

The ending was too abrupt and unsatisfying. Made the story feel unfinished.

Good though.

Back
Top Bottom