Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

My fave

tumblr_om4ar75ApP1uhcmrao2_500.gif

that quote has to be one of the goats all time. so much realness.

no wedding crashers?

Yah on the page before this I explained there are maybe 10 movies that are interchangeable with super troopers for me on my list. Wedding crashers is CERTAINLY one I could swap in, depending on the day you ask me.

I don’t mention bridesmaids enough either. That movie is an all time classic in my eyes. Had me wheezing a few times :lol:

Reactions: sb
Rambo: Last Blood 5/8
Rambo: Last Blood 3rd act 8/8

The story itself was okay. Sets up the main plot with tragic ending to unleash Rambo at the end but its really like any other old man action flick.

The 3rd act though! Its like they brought in Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez to direct this violent gory action. Rambo starts killing these dudes in the most ruthless ways. He killed like 2 dozen dudes and only took like 3 bullets.

Then to finish off the boss who he purposely left for last he pulls a finishing move right out of Mortal Kombat. It's insane.

Hustlers 5/8

This was just okay. The criminality of the story didn't even lead to any murders or wild robberies. The women lookee good but this wasn't rated R so w/e.

Villains 6/8

This was a dope flick. Pair of amateur robbers on the run try to steal the car from this random home on the road and they realize they broke in to the wrong house.

Kyra Sedgwick was somehow creepy yet sexy in this :lol:

It: Chapter Two 5.5/8

Yeah, this was too long and nowhere close to being as good as the first one. Movie almost put me to sleep twice and its not like I was sleepy.

Yeah, I'd call this a disappointment. Not as funny or as scary. Pennywide was good though.

Ad Astra 5.9/8

I dug this for what it was. A real.slow burn. Got some Annihilation and Arrival vibes despite the lack of aliens. The tone was very similar.

This is a methodical father/son Pitt movie through and through.

Ken Marino is really exceptional at playing total morons who think they’re the ****. It’s basically his niche...:lol:

This also makes me think of Party Down which starred Ken Marino. It was a great short lived comedy on Starz that only lasted two seasons. Also featured Adam Scott. Very underrated and I might do a rewatch as I saw if right after it finished airing.

Great show. Also has Lizzie Caplan and Martin Starr. Really funny.

So, I’m checking out a British sitcom on Netflix. It’s about IT staff at a big company and stars Chris O’Dowd. It’s pretty funny, but I never knew laugh tracks were not just an American thing...this has a pronounced laugh track...

Mentioned it a few times on NT but doesn't seem like anyone else has checked it but People Just Do Nothing is a hilarious British comedy show in Netflix. It's 5 seasons and they're doing a movie for it, amazing ordered an American adaption. It's like The Office meets It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

I was really really really disappointed with ad astra.

I blame the writers. There was a really interesting story there and what they come up with was pretty underwhelming.

So the movie is about his bad relationship with his father? Or the bad relationship with his wife? But you get VERY little interaction with either character. Just like 30 second clips with no context. Was that supposed to be some metaphor for his interactions with people? Cold and short with no meaning? I don’t know but it made the movie feel pointless. By the end I don’t care about any of those people. Brads a 50 year old man taking about “I wish I knew my father.” Crying and saying “Dad come back!”

What?!! You too old for that bruh. You don’t have a daddy. Big deal. Go save the planet. He mentions a rage he has inside him yet we never see it because “it’s my job to push those emotions aside.” Well cool story then I guess. You’re a ticking time bomb of rage but never show it.....awesome bro.

I liked the first 15 minutes and the 5 minutes of a research monkey attacking and that’s about it.

4/8 for some cool visuals.

Actually no I changed my mind, 2/8 because there were some really stupid plot points that I couldn’t suspend my disbelief over. Movie was buns.

The movie was about a grown man possibly going through a midlife crisis accepting he has a ****** relationship with his father and letting go any attachment to him since he's been living in his shadow the entire time.

The entire movie has Brad's self reflection narration about his life, purpose and his actions for 2 hrs.

Huslters 4/8 - For a "heist" movie and with the NY strip club scene this was pretty boring. The pacing of the storytelling threw me off a lot. I thought Constance Wu was the least believable.

Mentioned it a few times on NT but doesn't seem like anyone else has checked it but People Just Do Nothing is a hilarious British comedy show in Netflix. It's 5 seasons and they're doing a movie for it, amazing ordered an American adaption. It's like The Office meets It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

PJDN movie is great news :pimp:

borderline is another hilarious brit netflix original

basically the office in an airport

Fun fact: I played football my Freshman and Sophomore years of high school with Ryan Hurst, who plays Bertier in RTT. At that time, he was a pretty overweight offensive lineman. So it was pretty crazy a few years later to see him so in shape for the movie. :lol:

Looks like he was 24 when the movie came out, so six years is a lot of time to reshape a body. Look at what happens to Joe Thomas, Matt Birk, etc. in fewer years when they tried to change their body from the OL frame.

Wood Harris who played Julius was 30 when that movie came out. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom