Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^its going to be in all one shot. obviously movie/camera magic will make it look like it will be but mostly likely quick transitions and blackness covering the screen even for a brief second will be the cuts. the director wanted it that way to get the feel of a real time war. day to dusk to night.

world war one man. i know a lot of military history and WW1 has been on my mind lately since it ended 101 years ago and the bolshevik revolution would be underway given 100 years back

The end of the Irishman on Netflix also provides a sit down between the 3 leads and Marty. Great little watch. I love the way they look at and talk about filmmaking.

Oh, and let me know when you bamas are ready to get your pockets ran in the all-time TV draft. Big board’s been ready.
954A6A51-76E0-4D02-A83A-F261DC33CB57.png

I've heard Last Blood described as a "Trumpian, anti-Mexican nightmare." Gonna have to pass.
I wouldn't say all that.

You place this movie in the 90s away from the politics and social commentary about what's sensitive of today its just a bad action flick with an old man in it.

I found nothing offensive about the cartel, the bosses of it (two brothers), or the time spent in Mexico. Maybe a Mexican can aware me otherwise. Basically trying to say Mexicans cant be villains right now like Sicario dont exist (that's the vibe I got with this cartel).

The entire crux of the plot is Rambo's niece (or a
W/e the relation is) wants to get in touch with her deadbeat dad in Mexico. She gets in contact with an old friend who she doesn't know is in a gang connected to the cartel. The niece ends up getting sex trafficked and drugged up. Rambo goes to save her, he gets beat up by the cartel, he gets help from a Mexican lady whose sister was also a victim. Rambo goes ham on one brother, saves niece, niece dies on the way back to America, Rambo lures the other brother back to his home and kills them all.

Nothing about building walls or Mexican immigrants bringing rapists and killers to America.

Last edited:
^its going to be in all one shot. obviously movie/camera magic will make it look like it will be but mostly likely quick transitions and blackness covering the screen even for a brief second will be the cuts. the director wanted it that way to get the feel of a real time war. day to dusk to night.

world war one man. i know a lot of military history and WW1 has been on my mind lately since it ended 101 years ago and the bolshevik revolution would be underway given 100 years back

That's ****ing awesome. Can't wait.

First time seeing this today. I'm sooo in

Have heard about it but first time seeing the trailer.

This looks visually amazing. 😲

I like Sam Mendes and I like that the two leads are hella young looking. Let’s see if that sweet summer child Tommen can co-lead a movie.

Eh, I was not impressed with the director describing 1917 but I've seen the trailer and the behind the scenes director talking about the movie provably more than anybody in here :lol: They basically showed this before every movie I saw this past month.

I actually enjoyed The King's Man trailer much more (which I also want to say is set during WWI).

Condolences CP. Lakers gonna get one this year for you.
Been around a lot of death that came out of nowhere, stay strong.

Scorcese god has the Midas touch when picking memorable songs for his films. Haven’t stopped listening to this since last night/this morning.

Is it you pitman13 pitman13 that is an aspiring screenwriter? Or anyone in this thread with background in that... any resources you recommend on getting started with a treatment and the overall process? :nerd:

I have a great story based in reality and actual events that took place that I feel should be shared with the world through this medium I hold dear to my being.

After Parasite and The Irishman, I feel inspired to share my take on the human condition.

Look for a NT shoutout during my Oscars acceptance speech in 2025.

D632B7D9-DE12-4A49-8459-2600F8111949.gif

Is it you pitman13 pitman13 that is an aspiring screenwriter? Or anyone in this thread with background in that... any resources you recommend on getting started with a treatment and the overall process? :nerd:

I have a great story based in reality and actual events that took place that I feel should be shared with the world through this medium I hold dear to my being.

After Parasite and The Irishman, I feel inspired to share my take on the human condition.

venom lyrix venom lyrix probably got some trash scripts in his vault 🤣

I PM'd You

all the feels. You see, this is how 90% of sequels should be handled. Just do a short film that captures the essence of the original, without tarnishing anything. well done. Speilberg didn’t direct this, but had some sort of input apparently?

Earth. It's not quite Steven Spielberg toyed with the idea of making an E.T. sequel to continue the story. Ultimately, however, the filmmaker dropped the concept for fear of tarnishing the legacy of the original. As for A Holiday Reunion, Spielberg was said to be much more open to the concept of a short film reunion centered on connectivity and was reportedly consulted during its production. "The audience is going to get everything they want out of a sequel without the messy bits that could destroy the beauty of the original and the special place it has in people's minds and hearts," Thomas is also quoted as saying, which coincides with Spielberg's thought process on the project.

I vaguely recall that SN and had to hit a quick search.

DDA45047-E212-4407-9B79-EB0E66B77ADB.png
I said the goal was an Oscar, not a Razzie, b.
I was gonna say that cant be real :lol: but I checked :smh: Dont know what fam was thinking. Trash movie aside, its not like MBJ had some breakout star performance. That was Fruitvale Station.

PM'd you 🙏🏿

Man, Cable TV is cooking with grease right now.
I forgot how Raw the film CLOSER, is.

Epic cast.
Dialogue cuts deep at times.
I felt all that pain those characters gave me.
What a f$c3d up Film, beautiful truth.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom