Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

1620605154258.gif

1620605172936.gif

1620605237009.gif

original.gif

Wrath of Man (IMAX) :emoji_fire::emoji_fire::emoji_fire:

This was a lot better than I expected it to be. This is not another Transporter movie. This was more like "The Town" meets "John Wick". Guy Ritchie knocked it far out the park. If you get a chance to see this in IMAX it's worth it. A lot more of a serious movie than I expected. That 92% RT audience score is no lie.

This was a lot better than I expected it to be. This is not another Transporter movie. This was more like "The Town" meets "John Wick". Guy Ritchie knocked it far out the park. If you get a chance to see this in IMAX it's worth it. A lot more of a serious movie than I expected. That 92% RT audience score is no lie.

is this streaming anywhere? I’m all in from your review alone

Watching "Wrath of Man"

I watch the movie yesterday in IMAX and a must watch in IMAX. I would say it gave me Man on Fire and John Wick/Taken(formula) feel. This has been the best action movie I've seen so far this year and better than Nobody(I did enjoy the movie and seen it in IMAX as well).

The pacing and story really sold me compared to the action which was more of a luxury.

Love Death & Robots vol 2 arriving on Netflix May 14th:

Can't wait for the new season launching 8 new episodes.

Greenland 6.4/8

Oh man. A refreshingly good end of the world movie. Taken seriously, dramatic, and the necessary amount of horrific action.

Cant lie I saw Butler's name, considered the trash he's been in lately, thought about how he fell off as the poor man's Russell Crowe, and wrote this movie off but damn was this good.

This was a pretty realistic take for the most part. Nothing too outlandish but ****ed up in a scary way that kept you engaged.

Messed up another black just had to die tho :smh:

They got the dad from The Leftovers on this and he was on point again.

Mans never did contact his neighbor for any kind of help :lol:

I really liked that they didn't end with the life flash before your eyes montage but showed the aftermath to really nail down the horror and show humanity survived.

Only thing that could've made this better is if they revealed this was some War of the Worlds hoax, Orson Welles style :lol: :pimp:

I caught a few things over the weekend:

Wrath of Man 4.25/8 - First time back in the theater was amazing. Missed the big screen. Some recognizable faces and some decent action keep it together. It was a lot different than The Gentlemen but if you like Guy Ritchie movies this is worth checking out.

Monster 5.5/8 - I thought this was based on the Kody book but I was wrong haha. Still worth checking out. Its well acted (even A$AP Rocky) but seemed to waste John David Washington who's barely in it.

The Paper Tigers 2.9/8 - I was expecting this to be a lot better. There's almost no time spent on the kids just the pathetic adults. None of them even look remotely like their childhood selves. Poison Fingers did make me laugh pretty hard but I don't think it was supposed to.

Golden Arm 3.75/8 - Some laughs here and there but the premise is so stupid I couldn't get into it. The interactions between Ron Funches and Betsy Sodaro were great but there's not much else going for it.

Greenland 6.4/8

Oh man. A refreshingly good end of the world movie. Taken seriously, dramatic, and the necessary amount of horrific action.

Cant lie I saw Butler's name, considered the trash he's been in lately, thought about how he fell off as the poor man's Russell Crowe, and wrote this movie off but damn was this good.

This was a pretty realistic take for the most part. Nothing too outlandish but ****ed up in a scary way that kept you engaged.

Messed up another black just had to die tho :smh:

They got the dad from The Leftovers on this and he was on point again.

Mans never did contact his neighbor for any kind of help :lol:

I really liked that they didn't end with the life flash before your eyes montage but showed the aftermath to really nail down the horror and show humanity survived.

Only thing that could've made this better is if they revealed this was some War of the Worlds hoax, Orson Welles style :lol: :pimp:
I thought Greenland was decent too. Some of the circumstances were predictable but I enjoyed the movie. My favorite part was the looks and resentment that the entire block was giving dude when they realized they didn't get the same Noah's Ark message :lol:

Back
Top Bottom