Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Also in the first one, the home invasion when they go after John was top notch.

Larry Fishburne is acting his *** off
Winston flexing in the park sending everyone away :pimp:
Adding in the Italian underworld was a cool switch up from the Russians
The last 5 minutes really was just perfect, especially with all the assassins seeing the alert.

Overall it was solid. I don't think it does too many things better or worse than the first. It's basically do you want low stakes Russian mob or do you want bigger world building Italian Camorra. I think the scenes and sets are bigger, and we get more world building, plus Fishburne.. but I think I prefer the first. I'd probably give it another 8.5 out of 10.
the first one was great because we had no expectations. it was straight to NETFLIX B-Movie that people rarely cared to even see even if it was Keanu. tbh, it took me quite awhile before I even dared to watch the first Wick movie only because I had nothing left to watch that looked interesting enough. once I had seen it, damn. I was ALL IN ! then word of mouth came rushing like wildfire.

“Security? Who let Vicki Vale into the Batcave? I’m sitting there working and I turn around…there she is. Oh hi Vick. Come on in.”

1679588598067.jpeg

Great premise and set up to finally cut John off from the world.
Bobans fight scene was cool.
The knife fight scene is elite
Riding through the streets on a horse is just absurd enough
Fishburne again killing it.
I think it CAN start to get a little wonky with always peeling back more layers, but they do it well enough. Now we learn more about John's Russian connections and history
Mark Dacascos the legend. Only the Strong was a cable classic in my house
Considering how important dogs are to John, adding them to the fold but as sidekicks in the fight? Dope. That was one of their best shootout scenes.
Probably his best matchup with Zero. Legit fighter, motorcycle, then him gushing at how excited he was to meet John :lol:
Lance Reddick getting in on the action RIP
The two students excited and happy to fight Jon and him letting them live

Yeah John Wick 3 is the best of the trilogy when it comes to the action hands down. I think the world building is done very well and advances the plot as well as holds them responsible for their actions. The new characters were the strongest yet and while I may prefer the simpler nature of the first one, there's no denying they have continued to improve and the third movie in a trilogy shouldn't be this good.

Very hyped for the 4th today

Got a 7:30 showing tonight and I damn near gonna watch that **** with my shirt off. :lol:

And they should announce Scream 7 any damn day now. 6 is killin, they need to hurry up and announce.

Great premise and set up to finally cut John off from the world.
Bobans fight scene was cool.
The knife fight scene is elite
Riding through the streets on a horse is just absurd enough
Fishburne again killing it.
I think it CAN start to get a little wonky with always peeling back more layers, but they do it well enough. Now we learn more about John's Russian connections and history
Mark Dacascos the legend. Only the Strong was a cable classic in my house
Considering how important dogs are to John, adding them to the fold but as sidekicks in the fight? Dope. That was one of their best shootout scenes.
Probably his best matchup with Zero. Legit fighter, motorcycle, then him gushing at how excited he was to meet John :lol:
Lance Reddick getting in on the action RIP
The two students excited and happy to fight Jon and him letting them live

Yeah John Wick 3 is the best of the trilogy when it comes to the action hands down. I think the world building is done very well and advances the plot as well as holds them responsible for their actions. The new characters were the strongest yet and while I may prefer the simpler nature of the first one, there's no denying they have continued to improve and the third movie in a trilogy shouldn't be this good.

Very hyped for the 4th today
JW3 was great. having a scary yet light-hearted villains also helped. especially with Zero and the two students. too bad Lance died and was surprised to find out a few days ago. weakest part of the movie imo was the Elder plot.

I had no idea they were doing a Wick spinoff until checking the IMDB page for Keanu. It has Ana de Armas in the lead role?? Sign me the eff up. Looks like no word on release date yet but potentially Dec 23 to spring 24' I'd gather if they are already in post production.

The very first episode of GoT I ever watched. :pimp:

The internet was GLOWING that night. I mean, EVERYBODY on Twitter was goin on and on and on and on that night, I was like WTF????

Check my HBO, boom, ep repeats in like 2 minutes. F it, I'll sit here and give it a look, if it impresses me, I'll sit down and start from Ep 1 and do it proper. Well....... :lol: I had no idea who was who, no clue who/what they were talkin about, but then I seen some **** and was like :wow:

I DEVOURED that show after Hardhome. I mean insane late nights gettin one more ep, one more ep, one more...... :lol:

I liked many eps, many moments etc, but I think Hardhome will always be my favorite.

People absolutely lost their **** after that episode.

There was no indication for those that were just watching the show (those that hadn't read the books) that an all-out assault like that was about to happen in that episode... we were coming off the Wildlings, Thens, and Crows all trying to make a peace accord for such an occasion. "Oh, so we're doing this right now?!"

It was the first time we saw the Wights, those that the White Walkers can turn into zombies. We had seen the actual White Walkers (those on horses) in S1 E1, in several season finales, for brief seconds.

But we didn't know what the army was capable of, how much humans actually stood a chance.

It truly broke Twitter. As special as that episode is for me, it makes me glad to hear that it had an incredible, similar, but different experience on you for the same reason. Loved it. :pimp:

We're coming up on 8 years since the best episode in TV history aired. :pimp:

Jon and Tormund See Wights.gif
GIant.gif

Jon Wight 1.gif

Jon Wight 2.gif

Jon Wight 3.gif

-Hardhome.

I was a grown man of 29 years old jumping from couch to couch screaming at the top of my lungs when I saw that episode live.

Best single episode in tv HISTORY. **** was better than most full length theatrical release movies. God damn I can’t believe they fumbled so bad at the goal line :smh

John Wick is hilariously good. Every action scene was great. Each one brought a new element and added something new. It was bigger and better in every way.

There were moments where I started thinking "will this be one of the best action movies of it's time?"

There's one scene that blew my mind in how it was shot and executed. I don't know too many movies with gunfights and action scenes that will be challenging this for the crown.

I know my thoughts will never be grander for this movie... So I'll try to keep it tempered. It's easily the best John Wick movie. Each one of the action scenes could contend for best in the series. Other than one little nitpick in the action and fights.. I couldn't really find a flaw. They managed to do the similar but different and then amped it up a notch. The characters they brought in fit seamlessly and it was exactly what the franchise needed. One of my complaints is the ever-growing world can sometimes feel like.. Okay. Now there's another person from the high table for whatever, whatever, but in this one it made sense and fit perfectly.

It's definitely up there in terms of action movies for me in the last several years for sure and hands down some of the best gun fighting and just well shot no pun intended. It's not just them doing cool stuff in the scenes. It's how it's shot, how the camera flows and works with the action. How they show you the same thing but from a different angle it's just easily one of if not the best gunfighting movies ever.

There was also it felt like more humor than normal for John Wick.. which felt welcomed and kind of broke up the heaviness.

Did John Wick 3. Would probably be close to a 9 out of 10 for me. Maybe 8.8.. this one's easily a 9.5 9.7 right now.. just absolutely excellent. They also completely earned the emotional payoff and story they've been building.

Well sucka monkey.
I’ve been seeing this advertisement for months now and had no clue what it was about. Thought that was actually Thandie Newton. Finally got stuck on a channel it was on when the opening credits were rolling. Opening scene got me. A couple scenes later I read the description. Sitting here thinking ‘why have I not seen this’…..

Well, about to remedy that rat now.
05B9C10C-AA82-4C3F-A640-22F059E76F8B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom