Oh My! Speed Turf AKA Dan Marino's Coming Summer 2012!!

as comfy as these are they are heavy af.

i busted my **** walking down some stairs today but luckily caught myself before impact.

i guess wearing lebron elites, free runs, and flip flops will make these feel like damb boots

I officially hate those Nike shirts with those terrible phrases on them
why couldn't they drop a regular nike shirt with the dolphins colors?

QFT. I'm not mad at the phrase shirts just for the most part not really my style. Can I just get a basic Dolphins Logo nike tee with these Speed Turf colors??

Last edited:
finally got mine off the restock from today :pimp: can we get some more info on the other colorways? those Raiders and 49ers colorways are copped

Hate is strong, but I think they are super corny.

You're gonna have a bunch of fat sneakerheads who spend hours a day on the computer (yes, I could stand to lose some weight too) rocking shirts talkin' about how they're skilled at every position, or great, or whatever...

Also, I look at wearing a pair of kicks and a shirt that is released just for them as akin to buying one of those shirt and tie combos that come in the plastic box. I actually lean toward the "matchy" style, but it's not that hard to put together a decent outfit without resorting to color by numbers.

this.

with that being said...looking for some opinions on this shirt to rock with them.

you guys think its a reach?...theres a black version and a white one

Yo

if any one needs any size that they missed out on Nike store Dallas , At the North Park Mall had a restock.

I took my pair in from jimmy jazz , and exchanged them for my true size 11.

They are doing phone orders for those who missed out...

Where are those shirts available at ? Especially the black one ?

I got mine from champs $25.00

Broke my pair out yesterday and no problems with comfort, they felt good unstrapped.

lol why do people always look for items with the exact specific colors to match their clothes? Looks super tacky. "matching hat, matching shirt, matching shoes" :x it aint 2000 no more.

Last edited:
lol why do people always look for items with the exact specific colors to match their clothes? Looks super tacky. "matching hat, matching shirt, matching shoes" :x it aint 2000 no more.

I'm in the middle of this. I'm not into the super head to toe matchy style, but don't like the clothes & shoes are completely different colors & don't go together at all style either. I just want a plain Dolphins Logo tee that matches the kicks.

ehh ppl find shirts like that corny but i love them. i left my marinos at home (at school right now). only asked cause sometimes the marinos look blue in pics and then sometimes they look green. cant remember what they look like in person. all opinions appreciated...

I scooped a nice and clean dolphins shirt yesterday

will post pics when I get home if people are interested

This is like the 3rd time someone posted this store's info. Do you guys work there or something? Funny thing is I emailed them the first 2 times because everyone said restock both times, but again both times they said they only had 9.5 or something, either way they didn't have my size 8.5.

Not at all. The owner PMed me & let me know they were getting sizes in so I put in an order & 3 days later I had my pair. Just trying to help those that were still on the hunt like myself.

I kinda like this one to go with em:

Link?? I'd consider it if they had it in white.

in regards to sizing...
alright, since my local shoe palace didn't have any of my tts 8.5 left (sounded like they only had 1 pair of each size), i tried on the size 9 display model. and while it was ever-so-slightly big/loose, i was wearing really thin running socks on, so i figure since i'm just rockin' these casually, and with thicker socks, they'd fit okay (maybe still slightly big/loose). so ended up makin' the purchase for the size 9 anyways.
if i were to hazard a guess, i'd say these ultimately run more like a .25/quarter size small relative to most people's tts.
so my guidance to those still lookin' would be...
1) if you're goin' to wear these just casually and w/ thicker/normal socks, go .5 size up from your tts
2) if you're goin' to wear these and be active in them and need them to fit perfectly, as long as you're rockin' thinner socks, stick with your tts
oh, and to answer my own question...relative to diamond turf ii's...when i tried on size 9 diamond turf ii's...they were way too huge/long for me, where they felt like i was wearin' a boat on my feet. so my 8.5 tts was perfect in those (albeit narrow/tight on the sides). i don't have a direct comparison w/ size 8.5 speed turfs, but the size 9 speed turfs that i got definitely run ever-so-slightly big (but they didn't feel narrow/tight on the sides like diamond turf ii's do).
now you know...and knowing is...
This was the exact same for me.

Went to the mall out of boredom tonight and saw these all over champs and FA...probably pick up a pair over the weekend

as comfy as these are they are heavy af.
i busted my **** walking down some stairs today but luckily caught myself before impact.
i guess wearing lebron elites, free runs, and flip flops will make these feel like damb boots

Same here got my pair today and wore them right away. I've been wearing flyknit trainers/racers and the lungarglide 4 lately and these things feel crazy heavy to me right now :lol: but they are beautiful :pimp: Glad I was able get get a pair for retail :smokin

I wore mine today, and they don't seem all that heavy. I wear a bunch of different sneakers though.

I'm shocked how comfortable these are. These are pretty well done, besides the heel tab problem we've seen. Unlike a lot of retros I feel I could use these for their intended original purpose.

Been meaning to put up some photos. Finally found the time to do so. Right pair came a little pre-creased, but no biggie. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom