Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

Unfortunately for LeBron the game isn't just measured on talent. Jordan, he had that Je ne sais quoi about him, hunger. Kobe too-   I aint seen it in Bron, and until I do, he just another all star.

Fine for the last 3 years he's been the best player up until the playoffs. Heck even played some of the best ball in the games he's won in the playoffs. But when it matters...... we hear Magic and others taking their words back as Kobe carries an inconsistant soft Laker team back to the finals and wins the MVP.

Fine for the last 3 years he's been the best player up until the playoffs. Heck even played some of the best ball in the games he's won in the playoffs. But when it matters...... we hear Magic and others taking their words back as Kobe carries an inconsistant soft Laker team back to the finals and wins the MVP.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Unfortunately for LeBron the game isn't just measured on talent. Jordan, he had that Je ne sais quoi about him, hunger. I aint seen it in Bron, and until I do, he just another all star.

I got a GOOD feeling that its gonna come out this season...

Unfortunately for LeBron the game isn't just measured on talent. Jordan, he had that Je ne sais quoi about him, hunger. I aint seen it in Bron, and until I do, he just another all star.

I got a GOOD feeling that its gonna come out this season...

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Derrick Rose winning the MVP is equivalent to Malone in '97, dudes just tired of giving it to LBJ just like they were Jordan.

laugh.gif
Actually, it would be MUCH  worse than that in my opinion.

As much of a sham that 97 MVP was(blatant case of voters fatigue), atleast Malone put up legendary type numbers himself. Malone put 27/10-4 on 55% shooting. And the Jazz had the best record in the West.

Rose is avg 24-8-4  on 44% shooting. In no way should those numbers constitute as an MVP season. That's a good year, not the "MVP". LeBron is statistically superior across the board.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

Derrick Rose winning the MVP is equivalent to Malone in '97, dudes just tired of giving it to LBJ just like they were Jordan.

laugh.gif

As much of a sham that 97 MVP was(blatant case of voters fatigue), atleast Malone put up legendary type numbers himself. Malone put 27/10-4 on 55% shooting. And the Jazz had the best record in the West.

Rose is avg 24-8-4  on 44% shooting. In no way should those numbers constitute as an MVP season. That's a good year, not the "MVP". LeBron is statistically superior across the board.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

laugh.gif

Do you guys not understand that MVP stands for Most Valuable Player? The concept of most valuable applies to an individual's value to his team. For instance, last year, Lebron was more valuable to the cavs than any other player was to his respective team. This year, Rose fits that bill. The Bulls - Rose = Not Good.  The Heat - Lebron = Decent. Lets not make things more complicated than they are.

Originally Posted by Dade B0Y

laugh.gif

Do you guys not understand that MVP stands for Most Valuable Player? The concept of most valuable applies to an individual's value to his team. For instance, last year, Lebron was more valuable to the cavs than any other player was to his respective team. This year, Rose fits that bill. The Bulls - Rose = Not Good.  The Heat - Lebron = Decent. Lets not make things more complicated than they are.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

if he was that good then wouldn't he be able to take over those games and win and beat orlando and Boston in the playoffs?
or did he just get tired of playing and trying to reach the NBA finals?

see, statements like this lead me to believe the people making them never played a competitive team sport in their life...

when you are very very very good, and youre playing a very very good team....you need AT LEAST DECENT players...

lebron didnt even have DECENT players

sasha palovic started in the finals...who does he play for?

larry hughes started in the finals....who does he play for?

drew gooden started in the finals.....who does he play for?

roll.gif

you cant beat GREAT teams with sub-par teammates...

god couldnt have beat san antonio with lebron's teammates...

they coulda had shawn waynes as the 6th man and still woulda lost, bro...

cause those other 4 players were beyond garbage....

drew gooden might as well not even been on the court....

lebron cant beat all 5 players AND guard all 5 players....

sorry.

(and no other NBA player in the history of the sport has been criticized for NOT beating 5 men on offense, then guarding 5 men on defense, EVER)

I understand that he played with awful players, but the way that he showed when he literally put the team on his back (word to Greg Jennings) against the pistons to take him to the NBA finals, couldn't he be able to do that against Orlando or Boston? 

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

if he was that good then wouldn't he be able to take over those games and win and beat orlando and Boston in the playoffs?
or did he just get tired of playing and trying to reach the NBA finals?

see, statements like this lead me to believe the people making them never played a competitive team sport in their life...

when you are very very very good, and youre playing a very very good team....you need AT LEAST DECENT players...

lebron didnt even have DECENT players

sasha palovic started in the finals...who does he play for?

larry hughes started in the finals....who does he play for?

drew gooden started in the finals.....who does he play for?

roll.gif

you cant beat GREAT teams with sub-par teammates...

god couldnt have beat san antonio with lebron's teammates...

they coulda had shawn waynes as the 6th man and still woulda lost, bro...

cause those other 4 players were beyond garbage....

drew gooden might as well not even been on the court....

lebron cant beat all 5 players AND guard all 5 players....

sorry.

(and no other NBA player in the history of the sport has been criticized for NOT beating 5 men on offense, then guarding 5 men on defense, EVER)

I understand that he played with awful players, but the way that he showed when he literally put the team on his back (word to Greg Jennings) against the pistons to take him to the NBA finals, couldn't he be able to do that against Orlando or Boston? 

^Exactly if he was LeGod, like most of you in here are saying he is, he should have been able to beat at the least Orlando in 2009.

Anyway being the best player is all relative to the perspective of what you want. He's put up basically the same numbers this year that he has since his 3rd year in the league, save for the scoring which is understandably down. 

As for MVP it's nowhere near as clear cut b/c what the Cavs are doing this year has no impact on what he's doing with the Heat right now. The fact of the matter is he doesn't need and have to dominate the entire team like he did in Cleveland for Miami to win. He can take nights off and have subpar games and the Heat still end up winning going away. At the end of the game everything doesn't go through him like it did with the Cavs, more often than not it goes through D-Wade. It's just a different situation.

I mean look at it this way, Hollinger has the Heat on pace for 59 wins this season. They won 47 last season with D-Wade and a bunch of scrubs. You guys really don't think they would have at the very least been 4 or 5 games better than last season (47 wins) if it was just Bosh and some other good piece joining Wade on South Beach?

That would imply that Bron isn't "as valuable" to the Heat as he was to the Cavs. I'm pretty sure if you take any superstar off their current team that was totally built around what they do, similar (maybe not as bad as the Cavs now) would suffer similar fates.

The only thing you can knock D. Rose for is his shooting percentage. All the other stats except for rebounding are comparable to Bron. And their supporting casts aren't even close. What they've each done for the teams they are playing on this season should be the criteria for MVP and Rose has done more with considerably less.

^Exactly if he was LeGod, like most of you in here are saying he is, he should have been able to beat at the least Orlando in 2009.

Anyway being the best player is all relative to the perspective of what you want. He's put up basically the same numbers this year that he has since his 3rd year in the league, save for the scoring which is understandably down. 

As for MVP it's nowhere near as clear cut b/c what the Cavs are doing this year has no impact on what he's doing with the Heat right now. The fact of the matter is he doesn't need and have to dominate the entire team like he did in Cleveland for Miami to win. He can take nights off and have subpar games and the Heat still end up winning going away. At the end of the game everything doesn't go through him like it did with the Cavs, more often than not it goes through D-Wade. It's just a different situation.

I mean look at it this way, Hollinger has the Heat on pace for 59 wins this season. They won 47 last season with D-Wade and a bunch of scrubs. You guys really don't think they would have at the very least been 4 or 5 games better than last season (47 wins) if it was just Bosh and some other good piece joining Wade on South Beach?

That would imply that Bron isn't "as valuable" to the Heat as he was to the Cavs. I'm pretty sure if you take any superstar off their current team that was totally built around what they do, similar (maybe not as bad as the Cavs now) would suffer similar fates.

The only thing you can knock D. Rose for is his shooting percentage. All the other stats except for rebounding are comparable to Bron. And their supporting casts aren't even close. What they've each done for the teams they are playing on this season should be the criteria for MVP and Rose has done more with considerably less.

good point. plus that piston team were a better defensive team than orlando and boston. yet bron just took it to them and i thought that 09-10 cavs teams had better chemistry and better team than that team in 07.

good point. plus that piston team were a better defensive team than orlando and boston. yet bron just took it to them and i thought that 09-10 cavs teams had better chemistry and better team than that team in 07.

While I'll admit that Cleveland didn't have a second superstar player or a trio of all stars like previous championship teams, to jump to the conclusion that Lebron leaving the Cavs immediately lead to 60 wins to maybe 10 wins is assinine. I could understand 30 wins but instead you got Ephan acting like it's 1+1 = 2. If basketball was that simple, heck if the NBA was that simple then where are the trophies in Cleveland

Whereas Cleveland is going through the same thing that happened to the Lakers when they traded Shaq. Meaning a team completely built around one player, then that one player was treated like god as if in your words Ephan "he took a bunch of scrubs to 60 wins" and was supposed to transform that team of scrubs to gold. Acting as if it was nothing more than a bunch of D- League rejects who lucked their way into the NBA were playing for the Cavs.

You want to know why Wally and the Likes of Anthony Parker were celebrated signings, it's because they filled a ROLE that needed to be filled, things that you do when building a championship team. Cleveland brought in the perfect type of players that were needed to cater to Lebron or LeGod's ego, Big Boobed blue eyed blondes with self esteem crumbled by a cross gaze

Either way Lebron's a great player and probably the best in the league right now ..... but as far as the Cavs go even though I don't like the team I look at the pre Lebron visit vs the 24 game losing streak.

While I'll admit that Cleveland didn't have a second superstar player or a trio of all stars like previous championship teams, to jump to the conclusion that Lebron leaving the Cavs immediately lead to 60 wins to maybe 10 wins is assinine. I could understand 30 wins but instead you got Ephan acting like it's 1+1 = 2. If basketball was that simple, heck if the NBA was that simple then where are the trophies in Cleveland

Whereas Cleveland is going through the same thing that happened to the Lakers when they traded Shaq. Meaning a team completely built around one player, then that one player was treated like god as if in your words Ephan "he took a bunch of scrubs to 60 wins" and was supposed to transform that team of scrubs to gold. Acting as if it was nothing more than a bunch of D- League rejects who lucked their way into the NBA were playing for the Cavs.

You want to know why Wally and the Likes of Anthony Parker were celebrated signings, it's because they filled a ROLE that needed to be filled, things that you do when building a championship team. Cleveland brought in the perfect type of players that were needed to cater to Lebron or LeGod's ego, Big Boobed blue eyed blondes with self esteem crumbled by a cross gaze

Either way Lebron's a great player and probably the best in the league right now ..... but as far as the Cavs go even though I don't like the team I look at the pre Lebron visit vs the 24 game losing streak.

I wonder if Lebron even make to the second round of the playoff if he was on the West

I wonder if Lebron even make to the second round of the playoff if he was on the West

Back
Top Bottom