Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

again it is comparing 2 different players, 1 plays both perimeter and post, other one plays point forward. one turns it up in the 3rd and 4th other lets other shoot the ball in those quarters. and both players have different roles on their team.
actually both do that.

I think people are forgetting post play isnt just a turn fade-away jumper. Its also the ability to pass out the post and rebound. And Bron is effective in all aspects of post play. His footwork is definitely not on par with Kobes, but he still is effective. And once he faces you up during post play, hes almost impossible to stop one-on-one.

Im not taking anything away from Kobe, trust me. He deserves to be in the HOF and is one of the greatest to play the game... but RIGHT NOW talent wise (disregarding the rings and based purely on talent and effectiveness on the court), Bron is the best player in the world.

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

again it is comparing 2 different players, 1 plays both perimeter and post, other one plays point forward. one turns it up in the 3rd and 4th other lets other shoot the ball in those quarters. and both players have different roles on their team.
actually both do that.

I think people are forgetting post play isnt just a turn fade-away jumper. Its also the ability to pass out the post and rebound. And Bron is effective in all aspects of post play. His footwork is definitely not on par with Kobes, but he still is effective. And once he faces you up during post play, hes almost impossible to stop one-on-one.

Im not taking anything away from Kobe, trust me. He deserves to be in the HOF and is one of the greatest to play the game... but RIGHT NOW talent wise (disregarding the rings and based purely on talent and effectiveness on the court), Bron is the best player in the world.

Lebron isn't better than Kobe. All you guys know that Kobe puts it on cruise control during the regular season and then turns it on in the playoffs so these regular season stats don't mean all that much in determining the best player in the league.

Lebron isn't better than Kobe. All you guys know that Kobe puts it on cruise control during the regular season and then turns it on in the playoffs so these regular season stats don't mean all that much in determining the best player in the league.

so you all get excited when his team has the best record in the league, but when he gets to the playoffs he fails.. mmm, doesnt exactly scream like best player ever now does it? it's not like he's playing teams he's never played against.. he beat those teams in the regular season, yet he cant beat them in the playoffs?

Brons stats in the playoffs are around the same, and fly up some games. He gets triple doubles...the dude is doing everything he can to win. Then check Mo Williams and the rest of those guys, their stats are FALLING off. Bron is still balling, his team is slacking. Its a miracle that they still win series in playoffs with that lineup around him.
Everyone but lebron is choking

so you all get excited when his team has the best record in the league, but when he gets to the playoffs he fails.. mmm, doesnt exactly scream like best player ever now does it? it's not like he's playing teams he's never played against.. he beat those teams in the regular season, yet he cant beat them in the playoffs?

Brons stats in the playoffs are around the same, and fly up some games. He gets triple doubles...the dude is doing everything he can to win. Then check Mo Williams and the rest of those guys, their stats are FALLING off. Bron is still balling, his team is slacking. Its a miracle that they still win series in playoffs with that lineup around him.
Everyone but lebron is choking

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by TCERDA

KingJames23 wrote:

TCERDA wrote:

. So um yea... You have been proved wrong about his defense

How have I been proven wrong about LeBron's defense? The guy was 1st team all-defense last year and that's gonna stay the same way for a long time. Durant's D isn't on LeBron's level. Durant's D isn't ELITE.
Hey, I just posted the facts. Believe what you want. I thought blocks and steals was apart of defense? Their numbers are almost identical. And Im just responding to you saying his defense and rebounding wasnt on Lebrons level. Numbers dont lie bro. Sorry if this Salts you.

"Stats are like bikinis what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital".
They are are part of the picture but not the whole thing. Stats don't show pass deflections, contested shots, opponents FG%, etc. There is a reason why Bron was 1st team all defense and Durant isn't. And that'll be true this year as well.

LeBron shoots a higher percentage from the floor and from the 3 pt line. Does that make LeBron a better scorer than Durant?

Ok. It only took till the 2008-2009 for Lebron to make the All-NBA defensive team. This is Durants 4th season. Chill. Yea you're right, Durant doesnt alter any shots or deflect any passes or contest any shots.
laugh.gif
  I tend to forget that Im arguing with a guy who has the same screen name as the guy we are arguing about.
tired.gif
 Im not saying Lebron is not the best. I just pointed out that you are wrong about Durant not playing defense and rebounding like Lebron does. Numbers are almost identical in those categories.

Originally Posted by KingJames23

Originally Posted by TCERDA

KingJames23 wrote:

TCERDA wrote:

. So um yea... You have been proved wrong about his defense

How have I been proven wrong about LeBron's defense? The guy was 1st team all-defense last year and that's gonna stay the same way for a long time. Durant's D isn't on LeBron's level. Durant's D isn't ELITE.
Hey, I just posted the facts. Believe what you want. I thought blocks and steals was apart of defense? Their numbers are almost identical. And Im just responding to you saying his defense and rebounding wasnt on Lebrons level. Numbers dont lie bro. Sorry if this Salts you.

"Stats are like bikinis what they reveal is suggestive but what they conceal is vital".
They are are part of the picture but not the whole thing. Stats don't show pass deflections, contested shots, opponents FG%, etc. There is a reason why Bron was 1st team all defense and Durant isn't. And that'll be true this year as well.

LeBron shoots a higher percentage from the floor and from the 3 pt line. Does that make LeBron a better scorer than Durant?

Ok. It only took till the 2008-2009 for Lebron to make the All-NBA defensive team. This is Durants 4th season. Chill. Yea you're right, Durant doesnt alter any shots or deflect any passes or contest any shots.
laugh.gif
  I tend to forget that Im arguing with a guy who has the same screen name as the guy we are arguing about.
tired.gif
 Im not saying Lebron is not the best. I just pointed out that you are wrong about Durant not playing defense and rebounding like Lebron does. Numbers are almost identical in those categories.

Originally Posted by cguy610

Lebron lights it up in the playoffs too. H single handedly brought his team to the Finals against the big bad Pistons.I mean he even gets triple double in the playoffs.Check his playoff averages if you seriously think that he doesn't play well in the playoffs.
He does everything he possibly can to guide his team through the playoffs but because he's the only one that shows up in the playoffs,he hasn't had that much success. You CAN'T win the NBA championship by yourself,NO ONE has.

Lebron lights it up in the playoffs too. H single handedly brought his team to the Finals against the big bad Pistons.I mean he even gets triple double in the playoffs.Check his playoff averages if you seriously think that he doesn't play well in the playoffs.
He does everything he possibly can to guide his team through the playoffs but because he's the only one that shows up in the playoffs,he hasn't had that much success. You CAN'T win the NBA championship by yourself,NO ONE has.

Check Lebron in the playoffs bro. And you tell me if he isn't one of the greatest playoff performers the league has seen in the past 5 years. And Kobe doesn't put it on "Cruise Control" during the regular season, and neither does anybody else for that matter.

But, since regular season stats dont matter, lets compare lebron's playoff "stats" to kobe's.

Check Lebron in the playoffs bro. And you tell me if he isn't one of the greatest playoff performers the league has seen in the past 5 years. And Kobe doesn't put it on "Cruise Control" during the regular season, and neither does anybody else for that matter.

But, since regular season stats dont matter, lets compare lebron's playoff "stats" to kobe's.

yeah don't lie.
6-24... we all saw this.

yeah don't lie.
6-24... we all saw this.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

yeah don't lie.
6-24... we all saw this.

One game fam.

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

yeah don't lie.
6-24... we all saw this.

One game fam.

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by HankMoody

*#%% it. This isn't worth my time. 

get a life.

Out of all the BS you've spewed in this thread for over numerous days now, this might be the funniest of your comments.

No voting member in their right mind should vote for Lebron as MVP, regardless if he's the best player in the league. Clearly, the best player in the league (which he is, I'm not denying this), doesn't always win this YEARLY award. Year-to-year. To even begin to consider the concept that someone would let a previous year influence their opinion, much less the record of another team, is asinine and foolish.

While Lebron certainly has among the most impressive stats in the league (or the most impressive stats if you want to argue that too, whatever), a key component behind those stats is that he's playing with a comparable talent in DWade. DWade shoulders the nightly load as well. Lebron's nightly duties and priorities to his team are less than others, say Rose/Durant/etc. (Notice how I didn't even bring up Bosh)

I'm not arguing that Rose should win or Durant should win, but to think that Lebron deserves to win is idiotic.

Also, keep in mind the mental aspect which voters consider. People didn't want to go to Lebron's team, he went to someone else's. He admitted defeat. I'm not making a case for a double standard here, but you can guarantee that voters will remember this notion (even though it was last year) more than any consideration of the lowly Cavs currently. You can argue that this may not be true, but then you are in the overwhelming minority, admittedly. Seemingly, Lebron isn't even the most valuable player on his own team, REGARDLESS of stats. There is a mental aspect in play here, and Lebron couldn't be on a worse end of it.

People want to vote for an alpha dog, a man who doesn't admit defeat, a man who shoulders THE MAJORITY of his team's workload and delivers on a nightly basis.

A man who doesn't fit those characteristics is not an NBA MVP. Lebron James is not that man.

*Waits to get response with counterarguments from past MVP's (although none of which share this same context or situation, therefore nullifying their involvement in my argument), and also a mention of ex-Cav teammates, and 14
roll.gif

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

Originally Posted by HankMoody

*#%% it. This isn't worth my time. 

get a life.

Out of all the BS you've spewed in this thread for over numerous days now, this might be the funniest of your comments.

No voting member in their right mind should vote for Lebron as MVP, regardless if he's the best player in the league. Clearly, the best player in the league (which he is, I'm not denying this), doesn't always win this YEARLY award. Year-to-year. To even begin to consider the concept that someone would let a previous year influence their opinion, much less the record of another team, is asinine and foolish.

While Lebron certainly has among the most impressive stats in the league (or the most impressive stats if you want to argue that too, whatever), a key component behind those stats is that he's playing with a comparable talent in DWade. DWade shoulders the nightly load as well. Lebron's nightly duties and priorities to his team are less than others, say Rose/Durant/etc. (Notice how I didn't even bring up Bosh)

I'm not arguing that Rose should win or Durant should win, but to think that Lebron deserves to win is idiotic.

Also, keep in mind the mental aspect which voters consider. People didn't want to go to Lebron's team, he went to someone else's. He admitted defeat. I'm not making a case for a double standard here, but you can guarantee that voters will remember this notion (even though it was last year) more than any consideration of the lowly Cavs currently. You can argue that this may not be true, but then you are in the overwhelming minority, admittedly. Seemingly, Lebron isn't even the most valuable player on his own team, REGARDLESS of stats. There is a mental aspect in play here, and Lebron couldn't be on a worse end of it.

People want to vote for an alpha dog, a man who doesn't admit defeat, a man who shoulders THE MAJORITY of his team's workload and delivers on a nightly basis.

A man who doesn't fit those characteristics is not an NBA MVP. Lebron James is not that man.

*Waits to get response with counterarguments from past MVP's (although none of which share this same context or situation, therefore nullifying their involvement in my argument), and also a mention of ex-Cav teammates, and 14
roll.gif

Originally Posted by fearthenut

he went to someone else's. He admitted defeat.
This sentiment was the stupidest post-decision sentiment out of all of them.  Really astoundingly stupid (considering how much rearted half-wit logic has been spewed in this thread), that is saying something.

This sentiment was the stupidest post-decision sentiment out of all of them.  Really astoundingly stupid (considering how much rearted half-wit logic has been spewed in this thread), that is saying something.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Well considering the Heat were DWade's team, Lebron did go somewhere else. He couldn't hack it where he was. End of story.

It's quite easy to infer these things, so I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Well considering the Heat were DWade's team, Lebron did go somewhere else. He couldn't hack it where he was. End of story.

It's quite easy to infer these things, so I don't understand what you're trying to say.

But is it HIS fault that his teams didn't win it all?

Back
Top Bottom