Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

lol dude with the good ole swing and a miss on that comparison up top
aztec06jr wrote:
Something I've been thinking about this season: When MJ retired, Pippen took the Bulls to the ECF...When LeBron left the Cavs, they became arguably the worst team in the history of sports. What does this say about the net importance of both MJ and Bron? The results of both players leaving are nearly polar opposites.
sounds like a testament to Phil Jackson and Scottie Pippen as well

removing Lebron was one thing, but the psychology of the team, new coach all comes into effect....Bulls were coming off a 3peat so were pretty content with being champions, this Cavs roster knew they would never experience coming close to winning anything more than a card game the day Lebron left

I agree for the most part. I think this point gets lost with most MJ homers: The 1993 Bulls replaced his Airness with Pete Myers, a journeyman SG, and only lost 2 more games than the previous year (55 vs 57). The Pippen-led Bulls were 1 win away from the ECF and they held opponents to 4 fewer points a game without MJ, the perennial All NBA 1st team defender. 

It leads me to believe that MJ's supporting cast deserves a lot more credit than history and fans give them.  

I agree no other player other than LeBron could have done what he did with that Cavs team. If my team sucked and I got to chose one player to add to that team, it would be LeBron. However, if my team was good (say a top 4 team in their conference), I dont know if Bron would be the player I chose to get my team over the top. I think in that scenario I would still go Kobe.

I agree no other player other than LeBron could have done what he did with that Cavs team. If my team sucked and I got to chose one player to add to that team, it would be LeBron. However, if my team was good (say a top 4 team in their conference), I dont know if Bron would be the player I chose to get my team over the top. I think in that scenario I would still go Kobe.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

lol dude with the good ole swing and a miss on that comparison up top
aztec06jr wrote:
Something I've been thinking about this season: When MJ retired, Pippen took the Bulls to the ECF...When LeBron left the Cavs, they became arguably the worst team in the history of sports. What does this say about the net importance of both MJ and Bron? The results of both players leaving are nearly polar opposites.
sounds like a testament to Phil Jackson and Scottie Pippen as well

removing Lebron was one thing, but the psychology of the team, new coach all comes into effect....Bulls were coming off a 3peat so were pretty content with being champions, this Cavs roster knew they would never experience coming close to winning anything more than a card game the day Lebron left

I agree for the most part. I think this point gets lost with most MJ homers: The 1993 Bulls replaced his Airness with Pete Myers, a journeyman SG, and only lost 2 more games than the previous year (55 vs 57). The Pippen-led Bulls were 1 win away from the ECF and they held opponents to 4 fewer points a game without MJ, the perennial All NBA 1st team defender. 

It leads me to believe that MJ's supporting cast deserves a lot more credit than history and fans give them.  

Originally Posted by KingJames23

people think scoring is basketball.

there are like 12 facets of basketball and scoring is ONE facet....

i think durant DOES have defense, it's just nowhere near the tenacity of Lebron James' defense...

just like kobe, of course kobe is a better scorer than bron...he's the best scorer in the leauge...

arguably the best scorer to ever live...

THATS ONE ASPECT OF THE GAME OF BASKETBALL

lebron is expoentially better at every other facet of the game....

there are PLENTY of dudes who can put up buckets with much more ease than lebron can, and they do so , regularly...

BUT THAT DOESNT MAKE THEM BETTER PLAYERS

dude can literally play 4 positions on the court.

Kevin Durant is 6'10" and can't play 4 positions...

i think durant DOES have defense, it's just nowhere near the tenacity of Lebron James' defense...

just like kobe, of course kobe is a better scorer than bron...he's the best scorer in the leauge...

there are PLENTY of dudes who can put up buckets with much more ease than lebron can, and they do so , regularly...

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

and your point is??? every team has their own concept. kd probably would be able to do more, but since he has a guard like westbrook he doesnt need to. 

and your point is??? every team has their own concept. kd probably would be able to do more, but since he has a guard like westbrook he doesnt need to. 

eNPHAN wrote:
this is why he signed with miami...

not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, not 6, not 7, not 8.....

THEN, once he has two fists of rings, looking real bill russel'd out...

what will kobe fans say then?

So you have Bron winning a title every year from now until his mid 30's eh? 

When that doesn't happen......

what will kobe Bron fans say then?

Just throwing this out there, that 8 year run you just gave Lebron is 32 consecutive playoff series wins, and by that 8th year, Bron will be about 35, Wade will be like 38, and Bosh 37 I think????  That's an extra 250 something playoff games over the course of those years.  On top of all the games/miles that Bron and Wade have already accrued on their bodies. 

If that happens I'll give whatever props you want me to give Lebron. 

eNPHAN wrote:

Just throwing this out there, that 8 year run you just gave Lebron is 32 consecutive playoff series wins, and by that 8th year, Bron will be about 35, Wade will be like 38, and Bosh 37 I think????  That's an extra 250 something playoff games over the course of those years.  On top of all the games/miles that Bron and Wade have already accrued on their bodies. 

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

youre speaking in "probably", "maybes" and "ifs"

im providing evidence that happened in reality.

thank you, though.

(he passed the ball in college? oh, okay...
eyes.gif
)

Originally Posted by Al3xis

he (and the Cavs ) can do whatever they want on the floor this year, if the voters share the same views as most people have had towards him the past 7 or 8 months they will not give it to him.
Sports writers love to spite athletes any way they can. Add in the emergence of the "humble" superstars around the league (Rose, Durant) and it gives them other people they'd rather vote for.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

he (and the Cavs ) can do whatever they want on the floor this year, if the voters share the same views as most people have had towards him the past 7 or 8 months they will not give it to him.
Sports writers love to spite athletes any way they can. Add in the emergence of the "humble" superstars around the league (Rose, Durant) and it gives them other people they'd rather vote for.

thank you, though.

eyes.gif
)

thank you, though.

eyes.gif
)

funny, so do you..  for thinking lebron will win 8 in a row... if he doesnt win a championship this year, we'll see how that's gonna work out.

thank you, though.

eyes.gif
)

funny, so do you..  for thinking lebron will win 8 in a row... if he doesnt win a championship this year, we'll see how that's gonna work out.

Originally Posted by CP1708

eNPHAN wrote:

first off, LOL @ your sig team list...

second,

EYE didnt say it, BRON said it...i was clowning...

BUT, we do know one thing for sure, and that one thing is that Bosh/Bron/Wade will win AT LEAST one ring, and then, when you cant say "but he doesnt have a ring, which actually has nothing to do with individual achievement, but i will use it to criticize him, INDIVIDUALLY" what exactly will you say?

see, i dont bring up rings in arguments of INDIVIDUAL ACCOMPLISHMENT....because, again, it takes a 12-man roster to win a ring, and they hand out 12 identical rings....

Jordans rings are just as much jordans as they are pippens and vice versa....

like i said

why dont yall praise rober horry and bill russell if its all about rings?

if rings are the only tangible measure of a player's individual greatness, why isnt bill russell hailed as the GOAT?

yall gotta be high-school-aged...

roll.gif
@ how fast yall latched to this idea of winning 8 in a row.....because youre losing the argument...

EYE WAS  MAKING FUN OF THE CLAIM LEBRON MADE....

for the record.

Originally Posted by CP1708

eNPHAN wrote:

first off, LOL @ your sig team list...

second,

EYE didnt say it, BRON said it...i was clowning...

BUT, we do know one thing for sure, and that one thing is that Bosh/Bron/Wade will win AT LEAST one ring, and then, when you cant say "but he doesnt have a ring, which actually has nothing to do with individual achievement, but i will use it to criticize him, INDIVIDUALLY" what exactly will you say?

see, i dont bring up rings in arguments of INDIVIDUAL ACCOMPLISHMENT....because, again, it takes a 12-man roster to win a ring, and they hand out 12 identical rings....

Jordans rings are just as much jordans as they are pippens and vice versa....

like i said

why dont yall praise rober horry and bill russell if its all about rings?

if rings are the only tangible measure of a player's individual greatness, why isnt bill russell hailed as the GOAT?

yall gotta be high-school-aged...

roll.gif
@ how fast yall latched to this idea of winning 8 in a row.....because youre losing the argument...

EYE WAS  MAKING FUN OF THE CLAIM LEBRON MADE....

for the record.

You need to be having this argument with your fellow Ohio-ans, the same ones who wanted to act like Jamison= Pau Gasol and Mo Williams is a championship level compliment, and let's this summer's free agency cloud them to the fact of how far LeBron has been carrying bums his entire career (went to the FINALS with Eric Snow, Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Big Z, and Sasha Pavlovic).

You need to be having this argument with your fellow Ohio-ans, the same ones who wanted to act like Jamison= Pau Gasol and Mo Williams is a championship level compliment, and let's this summer's free agency cloud them to the fact of how far LeBron has been carrying bums his entire career (went to the FINALS with Eric Snow, Donyell Marshall, Larry Hughes, Big Z, and Sasha Pavlovic).

no it's just you are comparing durant to lebron, saying kd doesnt do all those other things. when you can see that both players have different roles on their team. where lebron plays the point too, he will rack up more assists while kd is just a scorer nothing else. it's like comparing apples and oranges.

So you're saying if KD was asked to be a point forward he could do what LeBron does as a passer? And what does KD being a scorer have to do with rebounding and defense?

You proved my point for me by saying all KD does is score. LeBron is a great scorer too and does everything else better than Durant, so I don't know how anyone can make that argument.
Dude! Durant is averaging more in blocks and the nearly identical in  rebounds per game this year.  Lebron is slightly leading the steals by .4 a game. And I DID just make that argument. Do your research before you look crazy in here. Here are the links. Oh and Lebron is killing the assists stat tho considering Durant doesnt have to run the point cuz he has a solid one in Russell Westbrook. So um yea... You have been proved wrong about his defense and being killed in the rebounds section also. Its not that lopsided bro.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_durant/

I see what ur saying...but not to speak for everybody but most of us view Jordan as the standard, some will argue he wasnt all that in the aspects that ur backing Lebron on. Yet he was considered the best year in year out.
Then u have Kobe, who is almost* matching the standard. So as long as Kobe playing and then prolly even more after he retires...., how u plan to lead ppl over the fact that guys with only 1 to 2 aspects of their game being better than Lebron...are actually not better than lebron because he is more skilled?

basically...so what he can play four positions on the court
laugh.gif

no it's just you are comparing durant to lebron, saying kd doesnt do all those other things. when you can see that both players have different roles on their team. where lebron plays the point too, he will rack up more assists while kd is just a scorer nothing else. it's like comparing apples and oranges.

So you're saying if KD was asked to be a point forward he could do what LeBron does as a passer? And what does KD being a scorer have to do with rebounding and defense?

You proved my point for me by saying all KD does is score. LeBron is a great scorer too and does everything else better than Durant, so I don't know how anyone can make that argument.
Dude! Durant is averaging more in blocks and the nearly identical in  rebounds per game this year.  Lebron is slightly leading the steals by .4 a game. And I DID just make that argument. Do your research before you look crazy in here. Here are the links. Oh and Lebron is killing the assists stat tho considering Durant doesnt have to run the point cuz he has a solid one in Russell Westbrook. So um yea... You have been proved wrong about his defense and being killed in the rebounds section also. Its not that lopsided bro.

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/lebron_james/

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/kevin_durant/

Back
Top Bottom