Okay, can we FINALLY admit.....

The MVP doesn't always go to who deserves it or the absolute best player that year. It's not determined by computers with no human emotions, grudges, animosity, etc. It's done by people, writers who for whatever reason may have personal reasons why they believe Lebron doesn't deserve it.

Few are going to argue he isn't the best player in the league (and if they do that's a different discussion), or that he doesn't deserve the MVP, but when it comes to actually getting it, this year, we're saying the voters might hold the Decision and his new team against him. I don't agree with it, and what he's doing this year is still amazing, but that's how I feel.

The MVP doesn't always go to who deserves it or the absolute best player that year. It's not determined by computers with no human emotions, grudges, animosity, etc. It's done by people, writers who for whatever reason may have personal reasons why they believe Lebron doesn't deserve it.

Few are going to argue he isn't the best player in the league (and if they do that's a different discussion), or that he doesn't deserve the MVP, but when it comes to actually getting it, this year, we're saying the voters might hold the Decision and his new team against him. I don't agree with it, and what he's doing this year is still amazing, but that's how I feel.

Originally Posted by AG 47

Originally Posted by eNPHAN

why yall say he DEFINITELY isnt going to win?

he has the stats...

i think the contrast between the cavs leading the leauge then being last in the leauge is more than enough to put him over the top.

who would you give the MVP to over bron?

Durant?

lol

Kobe?

lol

durant could lose both arms and kobe lose both legs and their teams would be infinitely better than the cavs...

And so would the Miami Heat. That team would still be top 4 in the East without LeBron. He's not winning it.
I don't think they would...

Originally Posted by AG 47

why yall say he DEFINITELY isnt going to win?

he has the stats...

i think the contrast between the cavs leading the leauge then being last in the leauge is more than enough to put him over the top.

who would you give the MVP to over bron?

Durant?

lol

Kobe?

lol

durant could lose both arms and kobe lose both legs and their teams would be infinitely better than the cavs...

And so would the Miami Heat. That team would still be top 4 in the East without LeBron. He's not winning it.
I don't think they would...

I think they would be top 4 with wade, bosh, and whoever they spent all the rest of their cap space on. but we will never know. too many variables

I think they would be top 4 with wade, bosh, and whoever they spent all the rest of their cap space on. but we will never know. too many variables

Damn eNPHAN good posts. I never liked Lebron you made great points that Lebron really should be considered THE MVP so far this year. 

Damn eNPHAN good posts. I never liked Lebron you made great points that Lebron really should be considered THE MVP so far this year. 

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

I dont think anyone on the Cavs is garbage.
They just havin a hard time putting it together in Lebrons abscence.
Byron Scott is not at fault either.

Im not gonna admit this guy is the best. You posted your argument and its weak.
He's a beast of a player though.
QFT

He probably will win MVP, but does the best player in the NBA win MVP every year? No.

Lebron was getting 60 plus wins, in the Eastern Conference.

He is a great player, but he was a long way to go to put him in the company of Kobe.

Durant in my eyes right now is the best player in the NBA, and will have teams shook to play
against him in the playoffs.

Just for the record, I am from Ohio.

Until OKC tightens up their rebounding, interior defense, and gets a low-post presence...they'll be bounced early.  For as good as Durant/Westbrook are, there are MAJOR questions with the make up of the rest of the OKC roster. 

As far as Lebron...he's no question (to me) the best player in the NBA.  Folks wanna discredit him based solely off of the fact that he handled himself like an #%% this summer.  All that aside, what was forgotten was how good he is.  +%%@ all this "Robin" %#+%!*%$.  The Heat go as Lebron goes.  I don't know if there is another player in the league who can take a rag-tag group of NBA cats to 60+ wins like he did in Cleveland.  I'll never forget the day he willed a depleted lineup (after the Wally/Delonte/Big Ben deal) that was filled with D-League cats and other bums to a win over a "Big-3" led Wizards team.  I think Cleveland only dressed 7 dudes that night or some %@@@
laugh.gif
  Anyways, I can't wait for the playoffs to come around.  After the All-Star break is when the NBA starts to get intriguing.  He, along with the rest of the Heat got the weight of the world on their shoulders.  Anything less than a championsip will be a failure. 

Originally Posted by DARTH DNZY

I dont think anyone on the Cavs is garbage.
They just havin a hard time putting it together in Lebrons abscence.
Byron Scott is not at fault either.

Im not gonna admit this guy is the best. You posted your argument and its weak.
He's a beast of a player though.
QFT

He probably will win MVP, but does the best player in the NBA win MVP every year? No.

Lebron was getting 60 plus wins, in the Eastern Conference.

He is a great player, but he was a long way to go to put him in the company of Kobe.

Durant in my eyes right now is the best player in the NBA, and will have teams shook to play
against him in the playoffs.

Just for the record, I am from Ohio.

Until OKC tightens up their rebounding, interior defense, and gets a low-post presence...they'll be bounced early.  For as good as Durant/Westbrook are, there are MAJOR questions with the make up of the rest of the OKC roster. 

As far as Lebron...he's no question (to me) the best player in the NBA.  Folks wanna discredit him based solely off of the fact that he handled himself like an #%% this summer.  All that aside, what was forgotten was how good he is.  +%%@ all this "Robin" %#+%!*%$.  The Heat go as Lebron goes.  I don't know if there is another player in the league who can take a rag-tag group of NBA cats to 60+ wins like he did in Cleveland.  I'll never forget the day he willed a depleted lineup (after the Wally/Delonte/Big Ben deal) that was filled with D-League cats and other bums to a win over a "Big-3" led Wizards team.  I think Cleveland only dressed 7 dudes that night or some %@@@
laugh.gif
  Anyways, I can't wait for the playoffs to come around.  After the All-Star break is when the NBA starts to get intriguing.  He, along with the rest of the Heat got the weight of the world on their shoulders.  Anything less than a championsip will be a failure. 

not really, considered mvp for what? cause the cavs suck this year? and cause he meant so much to them? yeah, thats the reason he got the mvp last year. he doesnt play for cleveland, so they can go 0-82 and lebron still wouldnt deserve it for that reason.

does he deserve it this year? perhaps, but he's playing with 2 allstars, wade also being a mvp candidate, mike miller etc. there are other players deserving as well..

i just think mvp race is all politics. cause you can only win the mvp if your team has a winning record, and the best player of that team gets it. but what about the players that play on sucky teams, but are more important than others who have a winning record?

not really, considered mvp for what? cause the cavs suck this year? and cause he meant so much to them? yeah, thats the reason he got the mvp last year. he doesnt play for cleveland, so they can go 0-82 and lebron still wouldnt deserve it for that reason.

does he deserve it this year? perhaps, but he's playing with 2 allstars, wade also being a mvp candidate, mike miller etc. there are other players deserving as well..

i just think mvp race is all politics. cause you can only win the mvp if your team has a winning record, and the best player of that team gets it. but what about the players that play on sucky teams, but are more important than others who have a winning record?

this is like the peyton vs. brady argument

and then brady got moss and welker and broke mannings record the first year...went undefeated for the first time in the 16-game season...
roll.gif

how is peyton better? as soon as brady got talent, it was a massacre for defensive secondaries

Errrrrrrr... You had me then you lost me... Considering that he broke Peytons TD record by 1 and it literally came during the last 17mins of the regular season in which he play damn near every snap attempted to and successfully threw for TD when his team was already the victor by a overwhelming amount in quite a few games compared to Peyton sitting out damn near half of the 4th quarter when the game was already decided as well as not attempting to run the score up each and every week along with playing what 2 possession of the last game (basically keeping his string of starts going) doesn't show me Brady's better... Hell if anything it shows the exact opposite especially considering that theres a snowballs chance in hell The Colts don't go undefeated last year had the coach actually went for it but thats me .

/rant

this is like the peyton vs. brady argument

and then brady got moss and welker and broke mannings record the first year...went undefeated for the first time in the 16-game season...
roll.gif

how is peyton better? as soon as brady got talent, it was a massacre for defensive secondaries

Errrrrrrr... You had me then you lost me... Considering that he broke Peytons TD record by 1 and it literally came during the last 17mins of the regular season in which he play damn near every snap attempted to and successfully threw for TD when his team was already the victor by a overwhelming amount in quite a few games compared to Peyton sitting out damn near half of the 4th quarter when the game was already decided as well as not attempting to run the score up each and every week along with playing what 2 possession of the last game (basically keeping his string of starts going) doesn't show me Brady's better... Hell if anything it shows the exact opposite especially considering that theres a snowballs chance in hell The Colts don't go undefeated last year had the coach actually went for it but thats me .

/rant

He's been the best player in the L for the past 3-4 years and I don't see how you can really debate otherwise..

Durant in my eyes right now is the best player in the NBA

You are aware that there is more to basketball than scoring? The Durant hype is outta control.

Durant isn't the rebounder, defender, passer, shot blocker that LeBron is.

He's not Kobe, he's not Bron, he's not Wade. Durant does 1 thing at an elite level, and that's score.

He's been the best player in the L for the past 3-4 years and I don't see how you can really debate otherwise..

Durant in my eyes right now is the best player in the NBA

You are aware that there is more to basketball than scoring? The Durant hype is outta control.

Durant isn't the rebounder, defender, passer, shot blocker that LeBron is.

He's not Kobe, he's not Bron, he's not Wade. Durant does 1 thing at an elite level, and that's score.

Cool.

But the last time I checked, this profession revolved around being world champions. Great players also realize that there's a team in team sports (go figure).

He can win all the regular season MVP's and scoring titles he so desires and lead the league in existing stats and stats that were probably created for him. But if he can't get over that hump, he's the Brett Favre of the NBA.

Cool.

But the last time I checked, this profession revolved around being world champions. Great players also realize that there's a team in team sports (go figure).

He can win all the regular season MVP's and scoring titles he so desires and lead the league in existing stats and stats that were probably created for him. But if he can't get over that hump, he's the Brett Favre of the NBA.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

the ONE season Kobe had bummy squad, didnt even make the playoffs....
roll.gif
)
QFT
Love Bron all day long, but is it necessary to try and rewrite history too ?

The only year the Lakers missed the playoffs was when Kobe missed significant time due to injury, and the team was filled with scrubs for 3 years not 1.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

the ONE season Kobe had bummy squad, didnt even make the playoffs....
roll.gif
)
QFT
Love Bron all day long, but is it necessary to try and rewrite history too ?

The only year the Lakers missed the playoffs was when Kobe missed significant time due to injury, and the team was filled with scrubs for 3 years not 1.

Originally Posted by PTone

Cool.

Didn't Brett Favre win a super bowl? Where is this comparison coming from?

Cool.

Didn't Brett Favre win a super bowl? Where is this comparison coming from?

Cool.

Brett Farve has a ring, though.  

Back
Top Bottom