On the Eve of history Vol. Those who came before us

423153ef3f2cfd315b2e92f3ef005f7cb447ac7.gif

Originally Posted by tupac003

abeautifulhaze wrote:

I watched part one and two of this and I need to�find the rest...

5:45 of part one...�"Martin�Luther %@%%...I mean King King"

This had me tearing up hearing about the young man who was�murdered trying to protect his mother...

The things our people have gone through just so we could have the basic freedoms that we have today, I can never thank them enough for.

All I know is after watching that I WILL NEVER MISS a chance to vote.

I don't care who you vite for just go out there and vote.
��
QFT

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

yo, about when the OG black/red xiii's came out,i went to a African American museum in Maryland and i saw the most hideous things. most stuff doesnt effect me emotionally....

but i wanted to cry so bad as i was leaving the museum gettin back on the bus. the things i saw in that museum.
smh.gif
thats where i first saw that slave pic above. the stories the curators told,the exhibits, the pics,the artifacts, were the saddest things ive ever experienced.

ps, i used the shoe reference above cuz i wanted to note that i was young, but i didnt know what year it was, but i remember askin my aunt to buy me those shoes while we were up there.........

and i also remember her tellin me no.
laugh.gif
you was at the Great Blacks in wax museum, i went there around that time too, i will forever have the image of a slave being forced feedsludge...straight up sad
tired.gif

Originally Posted by iBlink

Seriously, I see what the OP was trying to accomplish and all... but

lynching.jpg

a_slavery_maryland_0327.jpg

Couldn't we have done without these?
although many americans would like to forget this ever happened, we cant, its the truth, its what happened, we all have to come face to face withhistory bro

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

iBlink wrote:

lynching.jpg

although many americans would like to forget this ever happened, we cant, its the truth, its what happened, we all have to come face to face with history bro

I'm not saying to forget about this aspect of American history, but rather to keep this thread in particular full of positive factors. We know slaveryhappened, but in a celebratory fashion like this, is a picture of two black people in nooses and one with scars on his back really called for?

Ya know, we had a discussion about whether or not mlk and other civil rights activist would be happy with the conditions that the world faces today. And to me,He would be. We have a long way to go, but nov 4th is a HUGE STEP regardless of the outcome. You almost become appauled at the fact that he is actually on thestepping stones of something I don't think he even realizes. What Senator Obama Represents......man its inexplainable. Its sad that a lot of the peoplethat fought for what is going to happen on nov 4th aren't with us today and Imo, they don't get the true honor that they deserve. My grandma, who isstill living today, marched with Mr.King (she's forever showing us her pictures of him speaking to us) and was there for his mountain top speech for hisdeath, and I can not tell you how much pride wells up in her when Barack Obama is brought up. I am forever grateful to those who fought for people of color,and I hope that this is a step in the right direction. To think, we couldn't even vote and now we can become presidents. Women can even be vp's now.

Originally Posted by iBlink

Originally Posted by Crank Lucas

iBlink wrote:

lynching.jpg

although many americans would like to forget this ever happened, we cant, its the truth, its what happened, we all have to come face to face with history bro

I'm not saying to forget about this aspect of American history, but rather to keep this thread in particular full of positive factors. We know slavery happened, but in a celebratory fashion like this, is a picture of two black people in nooses and one with scars on his back really called for?

ARE YOU SERIOUS???? DID U READ THE TOPIC OF THIS THREAD??? THIS IS WHY WE ARE CELEBRATING...
SO YES, IT IS REALLY CALLED FOR....

No need to boldface or caps, I can read just fine.

You are missing the point I was trying to make. But it's fine, most people usually do when I make the claim that we pay the wrong type of attention toslavery.

Carry on, MOB, my President's black... and such.

Back
Top Bottom