Opinions on Unauthorized or GM Sneakers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dudes are wasting your breath. 95% of NT has its mind made up that if you wear GMs, you're poor, unclassy, and not a real sneakerhead. Just do you, don't let this board dictate what you do with your life. Remember, this is the same board where dudes are smashing nothing lower than 9s and driving nothing less than BMWs
laugh.gif

On the saving up thing, I had enough money to drop $600 on a new pair the day mine got stolen, but that's nowhere near the point. I'm not dropping $600 on some 2012 Jordans, I would rather cop Balenciagas or something worth that price quality wise. Had a guy selling them for 350 on here, and I would've copped but other stuff came up before I had the chance to purchase. Only reason why I copped the GMs are the scarcity of a deadstock pair for reasonable pricing in my size, if that lowers my credibility, so be it.

Also, I was mislead by the original thread, but I spent money on something so i'm going to wear it.
no one cares that you "would've copped" because you didn't. thats everyones favorite excuse that "something came up" lol and what is it with you cats and balencis? the shoe is ugly as fUuck and they cost 600 dollars just becuase of the word designer

Who's in denial? I clearly stated that I was mislead by the info the other thread. I just refuse to be on a high horse like other dudes on here.

the only issue i have is these kids are in denial and think the shoes are legit.

i could care less what you, him, the guy behind you or anyone else buys but stop thinking the shoes are real. thats the only thing that rustles my jimmies. i used to be in the same boat.. i used to think they were legit til i did some real research.

no one cares that you "would've copped" because you didn't. thats everyones favorite excuse that "something came up" lol and what is it with you cats and balencis? the shoe is ugly as fUuck and they cost 600 dollars just becuase of the word designer

You cared enough to reply obviously :lol:
I'm glad my life and my money is so interesting to you bro

Yeah man, i'm a hypebeast :rofl:
Now I see why people have been saying this site is on the decline
How clowns like this even found out about NT baffles me.

I just love when people talk about how they have bread on the Internet when there is no way to prove it

I actually own a pair of GM concords. I admit the quality is quite good. On par if not better than retail pairs.

This young mentality makes me laugh. In 10 years when you look back and have a closet full of FAKES that you spent $$ on your gonna be UPSET. I put in work for just about all my pairs. I only have about 30 pairs left now but I KNOW they are all legit and it took TIME. I lost pairs in bad break ups etc. You sleep in because you don't wanna put in that work then pay RETAIL for a pair of fakes that "are 98%" ! What part of the game is this?! I realized I'd rather NOT have a pair then have some FAKE or whatever you wanna call it. I can respect people that buy "GM" because they LIKE the shoe and don't have $$ to drop but trying to call them LEGIT/AUTHENTIC is just blasphemy!!! Half these dudes rock Jordan's but never heard Marv call a single shot he took!

Edit: young dudes won't get this but like joe public said "you got to live-n-learn"

Last edited:
There is no so called 'shoe game' anymore. The community is not the same anymore and authenticity doesn't even matter either to more than just some people.

Yes, the quality on some of these fakes are great and sometimes better than the real thing. But who buys Jordans for comfort anyway? If that was the case, there wouldn't be a huge market for Jordans because most of these lower quality releases are not even the most comfortable or even fit the same as the older releases. People obviously just buy them for the brand and looks.

Don't have a problem with anyone that supports, buys, and wears these 'GM's'. Just know that they're not authentic. At all. If they aren't made by Nike, they're not authentic. Isn't that common sense? Doesn't need research or a rocket scientist to figure that out. If they are supposedly made in Nike factories, they wouldn't have these blatant differences that some people can spot on the shoes and box/accessories that they come with.

Soon these fakes are gonna be more accepted than ever. Which is why I'm good with my 100% authentic retail pairs. Wouldn't buy any replica for any brand name just because it was the next best thing or damn near close to the real thing. It'll always come down to a personal opinion. But what's not an opinion or even arguable is the fact that these replicas are authentic, because that would be an oxymoron..

I for one don't have a problem if people choose to buy "fakes", good fakes or whatever they want to call it, BUT when these people are selling the fakes as authentic shoes it is simply wrong. a pair of really good fakes should cost IMHO no more than $100, not the price people are selling them at over authentic shoes' original retail. I'm actually curious to want to pick up a pair to compare if they weren't so ridiculously priced and marketed as "authentic" trying to fool people into buying them.

I for one don't have a problem if people choose to buy "fakes", good fakes or whatever they want to call it, BUT when these people are selling the fakes as authentic shoes it is simply wrong. a pair of really good fakes should cost IMHO no more than $100, not the price people are selling them at over authentic shoes' original retail. I'm actually curious to want to pick up a pair to compare if they weren't so ridiculously priced and marketed as "authentic" trying to fool people into buying them.
These fake Js aint hard to find. Check out repbeast.ru theres tons of the bootleg sites like this. Prices will be 90-140 for any fake Jordan

Soledream.ru is another one. These bootleggers are just buying pairs from sites like these and chargin 250-300 a shoe and doubling and tripling their money. @frankw

Last edited:
I actually own a pair of GM concords. I admit the quality is quite good. On par if not better than retail pairs.

Based on what can you say they are "on par or better?" No one can even say they are exactly the same materials, you can only say for sure they're comparable materials. The heights, cuts and shape are consistently different when compared the authentics side by side how can you say that those differences constitute a better basket ball shoe in terms of performance? If the the 23s on the backs are wrong what's makes them "on par or better", when the tongues are crooked and the stitching is jagged on the 3s and 4s what makes them "on par or better"?

I'll wait for responses.

Based on what can you say they are "on par or better?" No one can even say they are exactly the same materials, you can only say for sure they're comparable materials. The heights, cuts and shape are consistently different when compared the authentics side by side how can you say that those differences constitute a better basket ball shoe in terms of performance? If the the 23s on the backs are wrong what's makes them "on par or better", when the tongues are crooked and the stitching is jagged on the 3s and 4s what makes them "on par or better"?

I'll wait for responses.

I think you can find the same kinds of differences on authentic pairs. In terms of shape, cut, stitching, etc .. the pair I have is practically perfect. I can't comment on 3s or 4s cause I've never had them

Look, I'm not advocating the purchase of GM's, I'm just reporting my experience with it.

As far as "performance", lettuce be cereal. The majority of people that buy Jordans do not play basketball in them.

Performance doesnt necessarily have to be playing bball in them. Performance can be the fit, comfort, and most importantly durability, which is where i know for a fact from personal experience on a pair of fake wc3s and bred 4s. Fake Js seem to age at roughly 10x the rate of a legit Jordan retro shoe. In my experience with the two fakes i encountered that was the case anyway. Those were actually my first two attempts at purchasing Jordan retros at a local ATL sneaker boutique called Mancave_nyc_atl. I didnt get my money back but thats another story. Only been purchasing at authorized retailers or FC ever since. And ive went on obtained both legit versions of those two fakes ive owned and the fit and durability were what the fakes lacked the most compared to the legit versions. Jus my experience jus my take.

Last edited:
Performance doesnt necessarily have to be playing bball in them. Performance can be the fit, comfort, and most importantly durability, which is where i know for a fact from personal experience on a pair of fake wc3s and bred 4s. Fake Js seem to age at roughly 10x the rate of a legit Jordan retro shoe. In my experience with the two fakes i encountered that was the case anyway. Those were actually my first two attempts at purchasing Jordan retros at a local ATL sneaker boutique called Mancave_nyc_atl. I didnt get my money back but thats another story. Only been purchasing at authorized retailers or FC ever since. And ive went on obtained both legit versions of those two fakes ive owned and the fit and durability were what the fakes lacked the most compared to the legit versions. Jus my experience jus my take.
Repped for the experience regarding the durability with fakes. Very true that they do not hold up like the authentics

I think you can find the same kinds of differences on authentic pairs. In terms of shape, cut, stitching, etc .. the pair I have is practically perfect. I can't comment on 3s or 4s cause I've never had them.

But that's the thing, they're not consistent in authentic pairs. Here and there you get some variation on authentic because of human error. With the GMs these flaws are consistent and prevalent. It means what we see as "flaws" or "differences" are actually there because GM shoes are the product of a flawed manufacturing process compared to the processed used to make the authentic shoes. This is why the GMs have differences from authentic pairs but look the same as eachother.

Last edited:

Yeah definitely agree with that. The durability of GMs are VERY inconsistent. I've seen pairs that are extremely well built and others that were half assed.

I think you can find the same kinds of differences on authentic pairs. In terms of shape, cut, stitching, etc .. the pair I have is practically perfect. I can't comment on 3s or 4s cause I've never had them.

But that's the thing, they're not consistent in authentic pairs. Here and there you get some variation on authentic because of human error. With the GMs these flaws are consistent and prevalent. It means what we see as "flaws" or "differences" are actually there because GM shoes are the product of a flawed manufacturing process compared to the processed used to make the authentic shoes. This is why the GMs have differences from authentic pairs but look the same as eachother.

I know what you mean. But there have been many times I've received pairs that probably should not have passed quality control. I'm talking glue stains, creases, scuffs ...

My main point is this. People will claim that they're made in the same place with the same materials by the same people but the fact of the matter is that can't be true if the shoes that are GMs are consistently "flawed" in the same way over and over and over. If they were the same then we'd find just as man good ones as bad ones, but we don't. You've got 2 completely different manufacturing processes going on here, one that's used by Nike to put out authentic shoes, and the process that's used to make these GM shoes which puts out shoes that are SIMILAR to authentic shoes. At the end of the day it's still 2 different entities using two different processes (whether they're completely different or 99.999999% identical) to put out two different products. End of story.

My main point is this. People will claim that they're made in the same place with the same materials by the same people but the fact of the matter is that can't be true if the shoes that are GMs are consistently "flawed" in the same way over and over and over. If they were the same then we'd find just as man good ones as bad ones, but we don't. You've got 2 completely different manufacturing processes going on here, one that's used by Nike to put out authentic shoes, and the process that's used to make these GM shoes which puts out shoes that are SIMILAR to authentic shoes. At the end of the day it's still 2 different entities using two different processes (whether they're completely different or 99.999999% identical) to put out two different products. End of story.
******* repped
These idiots think these damn fakes are made in the same place and its not

Yeah definitely agree with that. The durability of GMs are VERY inconsistent. I've seen pairs that are extremely well built and others that were half assed.
I know what you mean. But there have been many times I've received pairs that probably should not have passed quality control. I'm talking glue stains, creases, scuffs ...
Yeah but that falls within the boundaries of quality control. No one on here is saying a shoe is authentic or GM because of extra glue or creases. They're saying they're GM because they're made wrong. The 23 on the back of GM 11s are the wrong 23s. Icey blue soles on GM space Jams are the wrong sole. That's not a quality thing that's selling a different product.

Yeah but that falls within the boundaries of quality control. No one on here is saying a shoe is authentic or GM because of extra glue or creases. They're saying they're GM because they're made wrong. The 23 on the back of GM 11s are the wrong 23s. Icey blue soles on GM space Jams are the wrong sole. That's not a quality thing that's selling a different product.
true dat.

In regards to my first post on this thread, I changed my mind about these "GMs". I own a pair of GM SJ XIs and compared them to my retail breds and gamma blues and man its hard to tell the differences but if you really look hard at the shoe, you can see the differences between real and fake. For example, the laces are way different. I believe the laces on the retail pairs are more soft and woven differently compared to the fake ones. Also the pods on the GMs are off. I am ashamed that I've fell victim to this but I guess everyone learns their lesson. I sure learned mine. Hopefully everyone out there that back these "GMs" learn that these shoes are 100% fake. I'll use my GM SJs for ball or something. 

balling in fake Js is not good lol 2 people who i see ball at the gym i hoop at wear there cool grey 11s usually. 1 dude has an authentic pair and 1 dude has a GM pair (of course no one at the gym knows that) and the dude with the authentic pair just has creases and yellowing and the dude with the GM pairs has sole separation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom