Opinions on Unauthorized or GM Sneakers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the girls you're into are impressed by Jordan's you've gotta raise your standards.
Not you in particular but in general.

Agreed. The ladies love my Cole Haan's! HS girls love Jordan's. If you wear Jordan's to impress girls you need a serious career change, buddy. I collect for a personal hobby. Also because I merely appreciate the JB brand and it's history. Now it's just about being the cool kid in school.

No quality control would mean they'd have tons of different flaws. Not all the same flaws. Like a wider "23" stamp on the 11s, or crooked tongue stitching on all 3s and 4s, or faded symbols on all DB3s, the list literally goes on and on. "No quality control" doesn't explain why the "same workers" who make nikes shoes would make these "extras" with all the same mistakes ALL the time. I'm an engineer and I know manufacturing the only way to explain the consistent differences between the retail pairs and the GM pairs ARE A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURING PROCESS. Meaning they are NOT the same and that's why we can tell them apart
No quality control would mean they'd have tons of different flaws. Not all the same flaws. Like a wider "23" stamp on the 11s, or crooked tongue stitching on all 3s and 4s, or faded symbols on all DB3s, the list literally goes on and on. "No quality control" doesn't explain why the "same workers" who make nikes shoes would make these "extras" with all the same mistakes ALL the time. I'm an engineer and I know manufacturing the only way to explain the consistent differences between the retail pairs and the GM pairs ARE A DIFFERENT MANUFACTURING PROCESS. Meaning they are NOT the same and that's why we can tell them apart

No they don't all have the same exact flaws. Each pair can differentiate. Because they are still producing them. Each batch will have shoes that have differences from shoes in the previous batches. If you've ever held the shoes in hand and compared the materials are the same. But the flaws are obvious giveaways.

No they don't all have the same exact flaws. Each pair can differentiate. Because they are still producing them. Each batch will have shoes that have differences from shoes in the previous batches. If you've ever held the shoes in hand and compared the materials are the same. But the flaws are obvious giveaways.
The thing you gotta get outta your head is the term flaw.. a flaw pertains to something wrong with the shoe.. These GMs are not flawed, they are made differently so these flaws you speak of are actually TELLS that the shoes are fake.. You guys need to get that THE MATERIALS are not expensive or rare.. You can go online and buy every material necessary to make an air jordan too.. What makes a legit shoe expensive is it's limited numbers, not material.. Legit or Fake they cost probably only about $12 in materials..

Think cars..a Legit numbers matching 68' Mustang is gonna run you A GRIP.. Now a clone 68' parted together will cost MUCH MUCH less.. Both look alike, both run, BOTH ARE MADE OF METAL AND GLASS.. The difference is AUTHENTICITY.

Thats no true, the flaws that we see with each models are are always consistently the same ones. Like the the Wrong stretched 23s on the 11s. The wrong facing face on DB4s, the crooked tongue stitching on the 3s. And it doesn't end there. Every model and I'll go as far to say even every color way of GM has flaws that are consistent across all pairs. Those signs are consistently on GM shoes and not on retail pairs and that's why we can tell the difference. For these shoes to be consistently different from their retail counterparts means they are being made with a DIFFERENT MANUFACTURING PROCESS. I'm an engineer who's been working in manufacturing for years I'm familiar with manufacturing processes and process/procedure development. If there were a few subtle differences here and there then your argument would have some merit but these differences and flaws are consistent AND persistent in GM pairs and not in retail pairs.

And as for materials how much do you about materials and manufacturing? Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same. They're COMPARABLE as far as you are qualified to say. I've had projects that we've worked on where we had to create 2 products out of the same manufacturing process but with 2 separate metals. To the naked eye they looked exactly the same but when looked when magnified the textures of the metals are completely different hence 2 different products. Factories and manufacturers have access to huge quantities of thousands and thousands of materials of different shapes sizes and textures. You can say that the materials LOOK the same, but with out the proper knowledge, equipment, and experience you or anyone else for that matter is not qualified to say that the materials ARE the same.

The thing you gotta get outta your head is the term flaw.. a flaw pertains to something wrong with the shoe.. These GMs are not flawed, they are made differently so these flaws you speak of are actually TELLS that the shoes are fake.. You guys need to get that THE MATERIALS are not expensive or rare.. You can go online and buy every material necessary to make an air jordan too.. What makes a legit shoe expensive is it's limited numbers, not material.. Legit or Fake they cost probably only about $12 in materials..

Think cars..a Legit numbers matching 68' Mustang is gonna run you A GRIP.. Now a clone 68' parted together will cost MUCH MUCH less.. Both look alike, both run, BOTH ARE MADE OF METAL AND GLASS.. The difference is AUTHENTICITY.

timmybrixxx timmybrixxx also what makes shoes expensive is how many hands it has to touch before it reaches the consumer. Every hand it touches is someone that needs to be paid. From the people delivering the materials to the factory to the employees at the Nike store. All of that cost is passed on.

These GMs cuts out many of those hands and are much cheaper to produce and why they can sell them As cheaply as they do.

Last edited:
timmybrixxx timmybrixxx also what makes shoes expensive is how many hands it has to touch before it reaches the consumer. Every hand it touches is someone that needs to be paid. From the people delivering the materials to the factory to the employees at the Nike store. All of that cost is passed on.

These GMs cuts out many of those hands and are much cheaper to produce and why they can sell them As cheaply as they do.
very true.. I didn't wanna go into all of that but you are 1000% right.. there are tariffs,taxs, importing fees etc.. Most of the bootlegs get in without these fees..

Thats no true, the flaws that we see with each models are are always consistently the same ones. Like the the Wrong stretched 23s on the 11s. The wrong facing face on DB4s, the crooked tongue stitching on the 3s. And it doesn't end there. Every model and I'll go as far to say even every color way of GM has flaws that are consistent across all pairs. Those signs are consistently on GM shoes and not on retail pairs and that's why we can tell the difference. For these shoes to be consistently different from their retail counterparts means they are being made with a DIFFERENT MANUFACTURING PROCESS. I'm an engineer who's been working in manufacturing for years I'm familiar with manufacturing processes and process/procedure development. If there were a few subtle differences here and there then your argument would have some merit but these differences and flaws are consistent AND persistent in GM pairs and not in retail pairs.

And as for materials how much do you about materials and manufacturing? Just because they look the same doesn't mean they are the same. They're COMPARABLE as far as you are qualified to say. I've had projects that we've worked on where we had to create 2 products out of the same manufacturing process but with 2 separate metals. To the naked eye they looked exactly the same but when looked when magnified the textures of the metals are completely different hence 2 different products. Factories and manufacturers have access to huge quantities of thousands and thousands of materials of different shapes sizes and textures. You can say that the materials LOOK the same, but with out the proper knowledge, equipment, and experience you or anyone else for that matter is not qualified to say that the materials ARE the same.
+1...Ill believe it's the same material when one of these knuckleheads breaks out a spectrometer and proves it.. Also peeps don't consider material thickness etc.. A few MM is very hard to see with the naked eye but means a lot when it comes to wear and tear.. I know you have seen the GMs that crack through the creases bc the material is thinner..looks the same but it's not meant to hold up to normal wear.

Ill always use the saying water and vodka look EXACTLY the same in a bottle right?

Last edited:
 Why not ?
Fake is trash, thats why.

Buying fakes shows your level of class, or lack of.

If you want a shoe, jersey, whatever, save up for it.  If it's beyond your means then don't buy it and life goes on.

You don't HAVE to have every shoe.  It's really about a level of maturity.

If you want a shoe, jersey, whatever, save up for it.  If it's beyond your means then don't buy it and life goes on.
[/quote I don't know if I really agree with that. My favorite shoe of all time is the Jordan 11 Space Jam. It has been my favorite ever since I watched the movie when I was a kid. I own 2 pairs of authentic Space Jams from the retail release in 09. One I basically beat into the ground and one that is still DS and I don't think I will ever be able to UNds them until they retro again. So I copped a pair of GM Space Jams. Yea the sole was blue when I got em but after some wears its gone for the most part. That is the only GM shoe I've ever owned and ever will even consider buying. I like shoes but as a sensible person its not smart to blow 500+ on a shoe when you can get one that is almost identical. It doesnt make me any less of a man or a person.

They are not fake though my friend so how are they trash ? Most GMs have great quality some are even better than jb quality and I have gotten plenty of pairs that have been better than my retail release version

You dudes are wasting your breath. 95% of NT has its mind made up that if you wear GMs, you're poor, unclassy, and not a real sneakerhead. Just do you, don't let this board dictate what you do with your life. Remember, this is the same board where dudes are smashing nothing lower than 9s and driving nothing less than BMWs :lol:

On the saving up thing, I had enough money to drop $600 on a new pair the day mine got stolen, but that's nowhere near the point. I'm not dropping $600 on some 2012 Jordans, I would rather cop Balenciagas or something worth that price quality wise. Had a guy selling them for 350 on here, and I would've copped but other stuff came up before I had the chance to purchase. Only reason why I copped the GMs are the scarcity of a deadstock pair for reasonable pricing in my size, if that lowers my credibility, so be it.

Also, I was mislead by the original thread, but I spent money on something so i'm going to wear it.

Last edited:
You dudes are wasting your breath. 95% of NT has its mind made up that if you wear GMs, you're poor, unclassy, and not a real sneakerhead. Just do you, don't let this board dictate what you do with your life. Remember, this is the same board where dudes are smashing nothing lower than 9s and driving nothing less than BMWs :lol:

On the saving up thing, I had enough money to drop $600 on a new pair the day mine got stolen, but that's nowhere near the point. I'm not dropping $600 on some 2012 Jordans, I would rather cop Balenciagas or something worth that price quality wise. Had a guy selling them for 350 on here, and I would've copped but other stuff came up before I had the chance to purchase. Only reason why I copped the GMs are the scarcity of a deadstock pair for reasonable pricing in my size, if that lowers my credibility, so be it.

Also, I was mislead by the original thread, but I spent money on something so i'm going to wear it.

They are not fake though my friend so how are they trash ? Most GMs have great quality some are even better than jb quality and I have gotten plenty of pairs that have been better than my retail release version
Denial isnt a river in Eqypt fellas. Your shoes are fake plain and simple. Rationalize it to yourselves as much as u want, u still are wearin fake Js. Just as bad as wearing fake jewelry.

Last edited:

:rofl:

There's no such thing as "GM". For something to be grey market they need to be made by Nike. They are not, period. There's no if and or buts.

Trash, no. They are a shoe and they do their job and protect your feet. Are they FAKE? YES. Some cubics look and shine better than my girls engagement ring, should I trade her AUTHENTIC diamond in with some minor flaws?! 

Edit: Great quality, even BETTER quality doesn't mean LEGIT/ AUTHENTIC.  I'll take a legit pair with minor flaws any day over a "perfect" pair.

Last edited:
Gm, unauthorized, super perfect, perfect, AAA, unauthorized legit, unauthorized authorized, whatever u wanna call them, they are all 100% fake, and regardless of the quality diffrrences in between the fakes they are all still 100% fake

Trash, no. They are a shoe and they do their job and protect your feet. Are they FAKE? YES. Some cubics look and shine better than my girls engagement ring, should I trade her AUTHENTIC diamond in with some minor flaws?! 
analogy doesnt really work

diamond and CZ are completely diff substances

would be more similar to grey markets replacing quality leather with bus seats

oh wait JB already does that

analogy doesnt really work

diamond and CZ are completely diff substances

would be more similar to grey markets replacing quality leather with bus seats

oh wait JB already does that
Just saying everything that glitters isn't gold. I don't know how else to break it down for dude. This is why there's such a big market for fakes. Bout to start making "quality" J's in my basement with the "same materials" and laugh all the way to the bank like all these GM companies are doing.

Who's in denial? I clearly stated that I was mislead by the info the other thread. I just refuse to be on a high horse like other dudes on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom