ordering takeout and not picking it up

lmao at dude thinking that food will go to waste. They would have kept that chicken and just gave it to another customer who wanted teriayki chicken. Small food joints do it ALL the time. Can you image how many times things like this happen? Small businesses would go bankrupt if all they did was trash food that people changed their minds on.

Your logic for paying is only valid if you wanted your friend to have a double stuffing of food or if you felt like eating chicken that day.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....reminds of the time i had a friend that didnt have a car at the time, he called me asking me to take him to get something to eat. for some reason that day he was really playful and kept talking smack just to get a rise out of me so he could laugh.

...i never got mad, just let him go on and on without saying a word. we pull up to the speaker and he orders. i pull up to the window for him to pay.

....we wait in line until its our turn to pick up the food. the car pulls up and its our turn to get the food.......and right at the very moment it hit him like a ton of bricks. he did the
eek.gif
, "dont do it".

...yup, sure enough, when that car pulled off and we were next i smashed the gas right past the window to pick up his food. all you heard was the "noooooooooo!" "E i aint ate all day!"

...then i drove his %%! all the way back home and made him get out.
laugh.gif

...funny times.

so basically you wasted 1/4 a tank of gas for nothing. Who really took the L here?

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

It's kind of a douchey move, but people change their minds sometimes, #+*# happens. I would have at least called and told them, but I'm not about to give you a Congressional Medal of Honor either.

They would have just put it under a heating lamp and served it to the next person to order it or eaten it themselves at the end of the night.

this

Personally it's whatever man, you're the customer making a conscious decision, you don't owe them @#$#...

I wouldnt make a habit out of it, but if it happens once or twice nbd imo

That's messed up.

I wonder if the people who are saying it's not a big deal, they'l just reheat it (not really fair to the next customer then), would be quick to #!@*% and moan if a buyer doesn't pay for their eBay auction. Different situations but still comes down to not living up to your end of the deal and inconveniencing the seller.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

....reminds of the time i had a friend that didnt have a car at the time, he called me asking me to take him to get something to eat. for some reason that day he was really playful and kept talking smack just to get a rise out of me so he could laugh.

...i never got mad, just let him go on and on without saying a word. we pull up to the speaker and he orders. i pull up to the window for him to pay.

....we wait in line until its our turn to pick up the food. the car pulls up and its our turn to get the food.......and right at the very moment it hit him like a ton of bricks. he did the
eek.gif
, "dont do it".

...yup, sure enough, when that car pulled off and we were next i smashed the gas right past the window to pick up his food. all you heard was the "noooooooooo!" "E i aint ate all day!"

...then i drove his %%! all the way back home and made him get out.
laugh.gif

...funny times.

so basically you wasted 1/4 a tank of gas for nothing. Who really took the L here?

....oh, i left out the part where i paid for food too. but it was well worth it to see the expression on his face as i drove off.

...i had the money...wasnt hurting at all. that gas and money for food was nothing.

Originally Posted by chickencurry4eva

Personally it's whatever man, you're the customer making a conscious decision, you don't owe them @#$#...

make the decision before you place the order.  not that difficult.

I have a coworker who used to get takeout delivered to the store and would never give the guy a tip. She also told me she does this at restaurants because it is their job to serve food.

Originally Posted by ATLien Seeko

You just wanted props for going to pay for the chicken since your friend didnt say thank you or something. You knew it was grimy. You didnt have to ask Niketalk.

Cool story bro.

agreed, so does this make OP's thread a needy move?

Uh...if you place an order, then yea, you owe them whatever that order cost. Really not that tough of a concept

Originally Posted by bjamez20

Uh...if you place an order, then yea, you owe them whatever that order cost. Really not that tough of a concept

Actually, not really. Until the customer physically takes the food, the customer doesn't owe them *!@%.

It's all pre-made food anyway.
laugh.gif
All they'll do is take it back out the bag and place inside the microwave until somebody else orders the meal.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Actually, not really. Until the customer physically takes the food, the customer doesn't owe them *!@%.
laugh.gif
All they'll do is take it back out the bag and place inside the microwave until somebody else orders the meal.
roll.gif
the food cant be reheated again, they lost time, money, and effort because someone couldn't make a decision like an adult.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif
roll.gif
the food is cant be reheated, they lost time, money, and effort because someone couldn't make a decision like an adult.

url

url

They did lose time, talking to you, writing down the order.
You are just not a considerate person, so you wont get it.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

They did lose time, talking to you, writing down the order.
You are just not a considerate person, so you wont get it.

OooOoohhh.... a WHOLE 10 seconds wasted!
tired.gif
The world is going to end now, 2012 is REAL!

And how am I not a considerate person? I leave tips for waiters though!
pimp.gif

What if when you came to pick up your food they tell you you have to wait cause they gave your food to someone else and when you ask why they say" we dont owe you %@@+ you didnt give us the money yet"

People starving in third world countries while this fool wastes food. I bet it was a lil humble mom & pops spot, too. I hope someone puts some HCL, anthrax and takes a %%@! in his sweet & sour chicken the next time.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

What if when you came to pick up your food they tell you you have to wait cause they gave your food to someone else and when you ask why they say" we dont owe you %@@+ you didnt give us the money yet"

I take it you never work or ate out at a diner before. That %+*+ happens right under your very nose, b!

Why are ppl assuming the food is wasted?

Do yall really think they throw the food they made away?

It's a Chinese spot. You must be dumb to think they're throwing away untouched food.

Back
Top Bottom