Original Reebok Blast (Van Exel Signature)

any word on the shaq attack iv? are they still coming out in july and will they be insta pump?

Solid research by NiceKicks - can't even spell Nick Van Exel correctly!

But seriously, every picture I get to see of these makes me happier. Cannot wait.

I just realized we have to reebok blast threads ????? 29 aug looks like it's gonna be a hot summer
smokin.gif

Good think NVE cant ruin this vector release like another black and white shoe
Yeah but Reebok can ruin the royals by making them slate blue.
I only care about the black and white vectors its what brings them all together funny things is this will be my first black and white, I got the black reignmans of the kemps and missed the shaq's but i'll go back and get the shaq's if the BH do come out the hype on those I think is gonna be ridiculous because of all the drama

Are we even going to talk about Reebok's persistently poor efforts at "retro+" CWs? I know some people may like them, but I just can't buy in...

It's basically beating a dead horse Phil - not worth it at all. The Black/Red pair isn't half bad but the faux animal prints are unnecessary.

It's basically beating a dead horse Phil - not worth it at all. The Black/Red pair isn't half bad but the faux animal prints are unnecessary.

Not half bad but all bad IMO. The yellow is also unnecessary. Best + CW I've seen from them is the upcoming Battleground that drops Sept. Very colorful but nicely done.

Last edited:
Idk fam imo I'd say them sonic raindrops, fish markets and black reign mans were the best excuted +cw of any retro reeboks not called questions, them black reds are saved by the animal print ruined by that mustard yellow

Yeah bud, just grabbed my pair from Footlocker during lunch break at the office.

I'll post a full review later, but shoe is well made and sturdy. In fact I was quite surprised at how heavy they felt. Excellent padding on the sockliner, materials are a 50/50 though - the black Nubuck/durabuck is quite decent but the white portion is pleather. The midsole/outsole has a 'creamish' tinge to it, very similar to the Black/White Shaqnosis - not noticeable from afar but not the same 'white' as the upper.

Cushioning was quite stiff surprisingly (when I tried them in store) - I'd have to wear 'em for a full day to give an update but it caught me off guard as Reebok initial cushioning is quite good. Maybe these need to be broken it?

1.love these, probably more than both my Kamikaze II Sonics cws.

2.They had to be influenced by the Scarface poster.

Alright bros, as promised here’s my review on the OG ‘Scarface’ kicks – the Reebok Blast. Had a chance to wear ‘em for a full day of work at the office, buying groceries, meeting up with friends for dinner, etc. so I put ‘em through their paces.

Build Quality/Overall Construction:

A bit of good and bad here – Reebok has done a good job on the retro in terms of capturing the unique asymmetric design of the upper. All the panels are intact and shoe looks amazing on the feet. The Nubuck/Durabuck materials are quite decent but I don’t know why they used cheap pleather on the toe box area. After a full day’s wear the white pleather areas had some heavy creasing. As before the outsole has a cream tinge to it – not a deal-breaker but it really should not be hard to get a White outsole in this day and age.

Cushioning/Comfort:
Reebok did a great job on mirroring the ‘90s bulkiness and weight – and this is reflected in the thick sock liner and overall excellent padding. I had 0 discomfort after wearing the kicks for a full day. I had mentioned in my earlier post that the cushioning was stiff but it needs to be broken in and I have to say I liked it a lot better than the cushioning on the Kami II, Rail, etc… Those are quite ‘soft’ right off the bat but as the day progresses; they tend to feel ‘mushy’. The cushioning on the Blast is actually quite responsive – a bit similar to Zoom Air and it retained this feel after 12 hours of continuous wear.

Overall:
I’m a Reebok guy so my opinions on their retro product can be biased. That said, I think they should’ve priced this pair at $99 – similarly to the Kami II retro that first dropped. They could’ve used pleather on the side panels if they had to save some money and used real leather on the toe box area just to get ‘natural’ creasing. Pleather is just a terrible material to put on the toe box because it literally folds when you walk and can make a ‘worn once’ pair look like it has heavy use. I think these joints would be a great pickup at a price of $99 – not the $125-$135 they are asking.

Does it have Hexalite cushioning and is it heel/forefoot?

I want to say yes for Hexalite on the Heel due to the responsiveness I felt - likewise for the forefoot but I would have to look at my pair again to reconfirm.

Back
Top Bottom