No we shot our own helicopter
He used a woman as a shield for the bullets
Oh wait it was his wife
We shot him cause he was firing back
HE DID NOT USE A WOMAN AS A SHIELD
NO he wasnt armed!
There was many children in his presence when he was shot
His body was dumped at sea
No wait we prepped him with a muslim note and wrapped him a sheet and slid him to sea

idk what to believe........just release the pics and vid to clear all this up
3/4ths of what you just said isn't even conflicting...it was just clarification which is reasonable when the media is only getting tidbits of information at a time. 

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

From link 2 I provided:

Another article from Global Research, which took this tidbit from their source from the article in Foreign Policy by Ahmed Rashid entitled "The Taliban: Exporting Extremism", November-December 1999:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=3198

How is it that you imply the U.S. did not help support these local and foreign mujahideens when it is right there written in blanket U.S. official documents they approved the funding and aid to mujahideens through the Operation Cyclone, the Reagan Doctrine and the National Directive spearheaded by Carter and Reagan?  

I'm not claiming that. I'm claiming they didn't help the FOREIGN mujahideen. It's not written in any official documents that I'm aware of. The quotes you provided are claims made by Ahmed Rashid, not actual official document. They state that the CIA through the ISI wanted to actively recruit foreign fighters (a claim which I don't believe/haven't seen official evidence for), not that they funded/armed them. 
ohwell.gif

So again, yes operation cyclone armed mujahideen... native mujahideen.The US never directly armed/trained foreign Arab Afghans/al-Qaeda/Bin Laden. Look at the title of the article. Taliban, not al-Qaeda.

Both groups recruited foreign fighters. The United States, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan worked in tandem to recruit the group that would later be called the Afghan Arabs. They also trained them and provided them weapons. We built the base in the mountains of Tora Bora for the. All of this is widely known. It's so widely known that the entire story was laid out in the New York Times article on Bin Ladens life from yesterday. 
Bin Laden began traveling beyond the border into Afghanistan in 1982, bringing with him construction machinery and recruits. In 1984, he and Mr. Azzam began setting up guesthouses in Peshawar, which was the first stop for holy warriors on their way to Afghanistan. With the money they had raised in Saudi Arabia, they established the Office of Services, which branched out across the world to recruit young jihadists.

The recruits were known as the Afghan Arabs, though they came from all over the world, and their numbers were estimated as high as 20,000. By 1986, Bin Laden had begun setting up training camps for them as well, and he was paying roughly $25,000 a month to subsidize them.

The flood of young men following him to Afghanistan prompted the founding of Al Qaeda. The genesis was essentially bureaucratic; Bin Laden wanted a way to track the men so he could tell their families what had happened to them. The documentation that Al Qaeda provided became a primitive database of young jihadists.

Through the looking glass of Sept. 11, it seemed ironic that the Americans and Osama bin Laden had fought on the same side against the Soviets in Afghanistan — as if the Americans had somehow created the Bin Laden monster by providing arms and cash to the Arabs. The complex at Tora Bora where Qaeda members hid had been created with the help of the C.I.A. as a base for the Afghans fighting the Soviets.

Bin Laden himself described the fight in Afghanistan this way: “There I received volunteers who came from the Saudi kingdom and from all over the Arab and Muslim countries. I set up my first camp where these volunteers were trained by Pakistani and American officers. The weapons were supplied by the Americans, the money by the Saudis.

Not sure this will put any speculation to rest... but this is something I just came across.
Spoiler [+]
tumblr_lkmujscWAm1qcb5fko1_500.jpg

Not sure this will put any speculation to rest... but this is something I just came across.
Spoiler [+]

Originally Posted by CallHimAR

Originally Posted by tkthafm

Originally Posted by Hazeleyed Honey

From link 2 I provided:

Another article from Global Research, which took this tidbit from their source from the article in Foreign Policy by Ahmed Rashid entitled "The Taliban: Exporting Extremism", November-December 1999:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=3198

How is it that you imply the U.S. did not help support these local and foreign mujahideens when it is right there written in blanket U.S. official documents they approved the funding and aid to mujahideens through the Operation Cyclone, the Reagan Doctrine and the National Directive spearheaded by Carter and Reagan?  

I'm not claiming that. I'm claiming they didn't help the FOREIGN mujahideen. It's not written in any official documents that I'm aware of. The quotes you provided are claims made by Ahmed Rashid, not actual official document. They state that the CIA through the ISI wanted to actively recruit foreign fighters (a claim which I don't believe/haven't seen official evidence for), not that they funded/armed them. 
ohwell.gif

So again, yes operation cyclone armed mujahideen... native mujahideen.The US never directly armed/trained foreign Arab Afghans/al-Qaeda/Bin Laden. Look at the title of the article. Taliban, not al-Qaeda.

Both groups recruited foreign fighters. The United States, Saudi Arabia and Pakistan worked in tandem to recruit the group that would later be called the Afghan Arabs. They also trained them and provided them weapons. We built the base in the mountains of Tora Bora for the. All of this is widely known. It's so widely known that the entire story was laid out in the New York Times article on Bin Ladens life from yesterday. 
Bin Laden began traveling beyond the border into Afghanistan in 1982, bringing with him construction machinery and recruits. In 1984, he and Mr. Azzam began setting up guesthouses in Peshawar, which was the first stop for holy warriors on their way to Afghanistan. With the money they had raised in Saudi Arabia, they established the Office of Services, which branched out across the world to recruit young jihadists.

The recruits were known as the Afghan Arabs, though they came from all over the world, and their numbers were estimated as high as 20,000. By 1986, Bin Laden had begun setting up training camps for them as well, and he was paying roughly $25,000 a month to subsidize them.

The flood of young men following him to Afghanistan prompted the founding of Al Qaeda. The genesis was essentially bureaucratic; Bin Laden wanted a way to track the men so he could tell their families what had happened to them. The documentation that Al Qaeda provided became a primitive database of young jihadists.

Through the looking glass of Sept. 11, it seemed ironic that the Americans and Osama bin Laden had fought on the same side against the Soviets in Afghanistan — as if the Americans had somehow created the Bin Laden monster by providing arms and cash to the Arabs. The complex at Tora Bora where Qaeda members hid had been created with the help of the C.I.A. as a base for the Afghans fighting the Soviets.

Bin Laden himself described the fight in Afghanistan this way: “There I received volunteers who came from the Saudi kingdom and from all over the Arab and Muslim countries. I set up my first camp where these volunteers were trained by Pakistani and American officers. The weapons were supplied by the Americans, the money by the Saudis.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

This story has switched up soooooo much

1st he in mansion
Then he in a compoud
A helicopter was shot down
Oh wait it was his wife
NO he wasnt armed!
No wait we prepped him with a muslim note and wrapped him a sheet and slid him to sea

3/4ths of what you just said isn't even conflicting...it was just clarification which is reasonable when the media is only getting tidbits of information at a time. 
By "this story" you are commenting on what MEDIA reports are saying not the government. It is pretty well known that the media will go to air with info when they get it and confirm it later. I love how people think that because FOX says xyz and MSNBC says zyx that this didnt happen or that the government is shady.

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

This story has switched up soooooo much

1st he in mansion
Then he in a compoud
A helicopter was shot down
Oh wait it was his wife
NO he wasnt armed!

By "this story" you are commenting on what MEDIA reports are saying not the government. It is pretty well known that the media will go to air with info when they get it and confirm it later. I love how people think that because FOX says xyz and MSNBC says zyx that this didnt happen or that the government is shady.

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Spoiler [+]
it was confirmed fake on the previous page
grin.gif

Originally Posted by RamZs8906

Spoiler [+]
it was confirmed fake on the previous page
grin.gif

Osama Bin Laden was not armed during the raid.

GOOD. it's easier to shoot someone who isn't armed. I'm so glad the Seals shot him like a dog instead of flying him to US and giving him a "fair" trail

Osama Bin Laden was not armed during the raid.

GOOD. it's easier to shoot someone who isn't armed. I'm so glad the Seals shot him like a dog instead of flying him to US and giving him a "fair" trail

Originally Posted by rashi

roll.gif

This story is falling at the seams.
This story isn't falling apart at the seams. It's a mixture of clarification and people in this thread who can't read/are stupid. 

roll.gif

This story isn't falling apart at the seams. It's a mixture of clarification and people in this thread who can't read/are stupid. 

roll.gif

roll.gif

What clarification? First they say the "wife" was killed, now she was shot in the leg.

They say Osama was armed and was resisting, not they say he wasn't armed. They said his wife was "used" as shield, now she "rushed the Seal".
Stop it.

roll.gif

roll.gif

What clarification? First they say the "wife" was killed, now she was shot in the leg.

They say Osama was armed and was resisting, not they say he wasn't armed. They said his wife was "used" as shield, now she "rushed the Seal".
Stop it.

America been knew he was there...they just finally decided to kill him for a reason none of us know

America been knew he was there...they just finally decided to kill him for a reason none of us know

Back
Top Bottom