P90X Discussion

so thaaaaaaaats what it meant by the 3 different programs ... is there like a startup dvd or something? or is there a document im missing letting you know howto start the program ... i have all the materials but i havent really looked over them yet ... i think im gonna do the double cuz im skin and bones right nowand wanna get back to my football days ...

the biggest thing i notice in the testimonials is the definition on peoples stomachs ... i already have a nice lil 6 pack but i can only imagine the definitionim gonn ahave in 90 days ... no romo

Thanks for the vids DatZNasty. I wouldn't say the first guy you posted was in great shape at all to begin with, but the 2nd guy is not so bad, I'mquite a bit bigger than him though. Can't really tell where he was at before though.

The guy I bought this from just sent me how to do the different phases and it cleared a lot up.

i started today and the abs - core plus is crazy difficult, but i guess you gotta start somewhere

Day 1 chest and back is complete. Ab ripper x tonight. After not working out for 2 months this was definitely challenging. First time I felt a little nauseousafter working out in years. Can't wait for abs and then tomorrows workouts.

Damn the way everybody is talking about this program, I don't think I'm gonna make it though the 1st day of training. I use to be in shape, but Ipicked up smoking cigarettes, and my cardio endurance is gone. I'm getting my p90x shipped this Monday. It cost $162.47 for me. I went with the basic, butthey had the p90x plus for $300 something with supplements for muscle recovery and a coach online. But I was straight. I also hated the ordering process. Itwas a real person taking my order, but she was reading from her P90X list on what to sell me, and she started to sound like an automated telemarketer. Reallyannoying.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm kind of intrigued...what exactly do I need to get started besides the dvd's?
A high speed connection and AIM account, and you don't need the dvds or books. But other than that, just the space and some dumbbells orresistance bands, a pullup/chinup bar if you can (KMart has the Weider 200 for 99$ can't beat that), a towel, and water bottle

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I'm kind of intrigued...what exactly do I need to get started besides the dvd's?
A high speed connection and AIM account, and you don't need the dvds or books. But other than that, just the space and some dumbbells or resistance bands, a pullup/chinup bar if you can (KMart has the Weider 200 for 99$ can't beat that), a towel, and water bottle
nerd.gif

Finished up Day 2 Plyometrics. Great workout. I feel like I can push myself way more. This program is perfect because you can continue to modify the workoutsto make them harder as you progress. I definitely didn't go as low on squat jumps and on a lot of exercises my form was crap, but it will get better. Ialready can't wait until the next plyo workout because it's obvious that if you push yourself you get a lot out of this.

Wow a lot of ppl really dont like doing the yoga. It does seem long, 1.5 hours, but you do work on so much of your body and there are def benefits(flexibility). Also just mentally, feel so good the rest of the night after finishing. Def helps improve bedroom performance too
devil.gif

Originally Posted by vjetti

Wow a lot of ppl really dont like doing the yoga. It does seem long, 1.5 hours, but you do work on so much of your body and there are def benefits (flexibility). Also just mentally, feel so good the rest of the night after finishing. Def helps improve bedroom performance too
devil.gif

I'm definitely not skipping through the yoga. My flexibility is crap. My abs are sore from the abs ripper x and all, but I should be much more sore, I justwasn't flexible to keep my legs up for so dang long.

Day 3 was pretty easy. Shoulders and arms. I need a wide range of weights for this day because the resistance bands just didn't cut it. I need to figuresomething out. Ab ripper x was tough again, but it still hurts more in my legs than my abs.

not really related to the p90x but... i have the ab straps for the iron gym but dont know how to use em.... what is the proper way to use the ab straps?

would this be a good idea for cutting? im bulking up right now and i might try this when its time to cut..

check the "getting in shape" thread for my current workouts/future. im going to post it in a little while

Day 4 - Yoga is complete. It was really really long and half of the stretches I either couldn't do fully or couldn't hold for as long as the videopeople. Good workout though, never done yoga before. It got easier as the video progresses though, which was nice.

Day 5 - Legs/Back + Ab ripper x. Today was one of the better workouts I've had with p90x so far. I'm able to push myself more with legs and the abripper x was still brutal, but I'm better than I was on day 1.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Day 5 - Legs/Back + Ab ripper x. Today was one of the better workouts I've had with p90x so far. I'm able to push myself more with legs and the ab ripper x was still brutal, but I'm better than I was on day 1.
are you going to take pics so you can actually view the change

Day 5 - Legs/Back + Ab ripper x. Today was one of the better workouts I've had with p90x so far. I'm able to push myself more with legs and the ab ripper x was still brutal, but I'm better than I was on day 1.

Originally Posted by ericberry14

No, I thought about it. I'm not an overly fat individual. I've always had a great build so I wasn't really concerned with that. Besides, I'llbe able to tell all the difference I need when I'm done.

I do have a picture of myself without a shirt from a few months ago, so I can always use that to compare, but I'm not really worried about it. I thinkthat's more for just showing off to other people. I don't need to do that.

Day 6 - Kenpo X. Pretty much like Tae-Bo. Boxing punches and kicks and stuff. So far the funnest workout, but it was hard to extend fully on the kicks.Tomorrow is a stretch or rest day. I think I'm going to go with stretching since my lack of flexibility is very evident after this first week.

Despite the lack of responses in this thread, I'm not only doing this just to inform you all, but it helps me stick to it, because I feel like if Idon't workout to post about, I would be a quitter.
laugh.gif

^^^
Good work my man. As soon as I watch all the vids and memorize/write down the exercises (I'm going to be doing it in my gym), and as soon as I make up aneating schedule, I'm gonna start it. It won't be for at least another week, though...I've got a paper due this Friday...ugh

Originally Posted by ChewToy112

^^^
Good work my man. As soon as I watch all the vids and memorize/write down the exercises (I'm going to be doing it in my gym), and as soon as I make up an eating schedule, I'm gonna start it. It won't be for at least another week, though...I've got a paper due this Friday...ugh

Good stuff. Yeah, it would be really nice to do this in the gym, especially after I start getting the routines down, because I know I'm going to want tolift more than the 20 LBS dumbells I have. Oh well.

i have some resistance bands but the resistance isn't strong enough .. where is a good place to cop?

are there any pro's and cons with using resistance, opposed to regular dumb bells?

Originally Posted by GregOdensBedpan

i have some resistance bands but the resistance isn't strong enough .. where is a good place to cop?

are there any pro's and cons with using resistance, opposed to regular dumb bells?

pros is that it's less expensive, but the cons is that you are limited as far as resistance I guess. With weights you can get a more tailored workout andyou can improve to heavier weights, but if you are doing this at home like me, it cost a lot to buy individual dumbbells.

Back
Top Bottom