P90X Discussion

I just looked at a few of those workouts and I'd say don't cancel your gym membership at all.
You can cancel that thing if you want just buy some T.O super strongman bands that do just as good of a job as all of the weights. I still havemy gym membership but thats cause living in Philly you need somewhere to ball in the winter, women, connects, and is nice as ever. Ask Obama he came through
laugh.gif

Just ordered on P90x on Saturday and I can't wait til it gets here!

Can anyone recommend a place where I can pick up adjustable dumbbells for a good price?

is there anywhere I can get just the nutritional guide? I like my routines at the gym, and I am still in the process of rehabilitating my ACL. Nutrition is theonly thing I have a problem with.

Originally Posted by SCOfoshO

is there anywhere I can get just the nutritional guide? I like my routines at the gym, and I am still in the process of rehabilitating my ACL. Nutrition is the only thing I have a problem with.
IM me. And by the way, try eBay

Ive been using P90X for about 6 months now, its easily the most intense workout ive had. Hardest part is the first 30 days, the meal plan...and settingaside 1.5-2hrs 6 days a week.

Any questions please feel free to PM me.

I'm on day 2 and I'm getting killed (in a positive way I guess) by this workout. I have a 24hr fitness membership and I go about 3x/week so I thoughtI'd be able to keep up step for step. WRONG. Everything is intense and pretty much non-stop. I haven't felt like this since I stopped MMA trainingabout a year ago.

Originally Posted by Control Are

I'm on day 2 and I'm getting killed (in a positive way I guess) by this workout. I have a 24hr fitness membership and I go about 3x/week so I thought I'd be able to keep up step for step. WRONG. Everything is intense and pretty much non-stop. I haven't felt like this since I stopped MMA training about a year ago.

I can't wait to try this stuff out. It sounds intense, but that's cool with me.

Originally Posted by chris boshs neck

You guys do realize you can get this for free off torrent sites
believe me when i tell you im all for it ... but i cant find a good link for the life of me

do you think it would be an ok idea to get the dvds and take em to the gym and do em there? they have a few spare rooms there and i think it would be easierwith all the different weights and pull up bars already there. im gettin tired of limited results, i really want to get this to kickstart my fitness back towhere its gotta be

Originally Posted by belle155

do you think it would be an ok idea to get the dvds and take em to the gym and do em there? they have a few spare rooms there and i think it would be easier with all the different weights and pull up bars already there. im gettin tired of limited results, i really want to get this to kickstart my fitness back to where its gotta be

That probably is a good idea. Like you mentioned, if you want to go all out with this program I'm sure you want to use the pull-up bar, push-up stands, andvarious amounts of weights so you can progress. I spent about $100 on all that stuff total.

I'm meeting a guy tomorrow to buy it from him. I can't find a good link, either. In any event, I'm real excited!

*Edit*
Copped
pimp.gif

Is anyone on the program doing it at the gym from memory? I think I'm gonna keep my gym membership and try to remember/write down all the exercises insteadof buying all the equipment. I'm just worried about slacking off or forgetting exercises, etc. I'd put the DVD's on an ipod, but I don't havea video one.

Are there any success stories from people who are already in shape and have seen results? I'm just a little concerned because I've been working outseriously for about 3-4 years now, have a sub 10% body fat, good size, heavy lifts, letc etc.

Thought id ask. any NTers interested in purchasing the system? I have the complete set along with nutrtional plan book, fitness guide, pull up bar w/L-brackets and all 3 strength resistant bands for less then full price (looking for at least 220 shipped). I purchased it and love it, but I have problemsbringing the intensity P90X calls for due to the fact that its an in-home system. I work a lot better away from home. PM me if anyones interested.

just "copped" it for a very good price
wink.gif
... the version i gotis a little grainy on my big screen but still gets the job done ... now i just need to decide if im gonna splurge for a power block/bowflex select tech or justbuy more indidvidual weight discs for my adjustable dumbell set ... im leaning towards the discs cuz its a recession, everybody broke ...

Can this be done at the gym? I dont really have enough space at my place between myself and 3 other roomates to be doing this.

Originally Posted by Fade On You

Ive been using P90X for about 6 months now, its easily the most intense workout ive had. Hardest part is the first 30 days, the meal plan...and setting aside 1.5-2hrs 6 days a week.

Any questions please feel free to PM me.
1.5- 2 hrs? Who has that kind of free time every day?

Is that the standard time?

i look at it as a life decision ... almost like joining a new religion or something lol ... ive decided to stop playing video games as much and ima cut back onmy lazy do-nothing time ... youd be surprised how much free time you really have ...

i figure if i get a in a routine where i come slam home from work and workout, ill be fine ... it will be tough sticking to the meal plan, but im skinnyalready so im not worried about cutting fat too much ...

Here's another guy CHew who was diesel to begin with. There's a lean with more focus on cardio, a classic with a mix of cardio and weightlifting, and the double is more muscle building oriented, so it tailors to your goals. There's also 3 different diet plans which change as you progressthrough the program

http://www.youtube.com/v/BmQPRlsXuU8&hl=en&fs=1

Back
Top Bottom