P90X Discussion

Just bought it.

I'm at 5'11'', 200 pounds. Was at 155 pounds 3 years ago, hoping to get back there.

I need an +%@ kicking to get back into cardio.

I got copies for sale , $ 10 bucks. Paypal me and I'll burn a DVD for u, complete with the meal plan, nothing missing. Holla at me ....

just finished day 47 and I have lost about an inch off my stomach and some fat in other areas

my weight has stayed around the same  but  my plan is not to lose weight

my arms are a lil bit stronger and a bit bigger but I have seen the most improvement in my legs...I def gained some muscle mass on my legs

I can now do every exercise in the ab ripper x section at their pace compared to before. I'm destroying those pfiffer scissors now
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by cucumbercool

Is there any talk of which is better, insanity or p90x?

Apples and Oranges IMO. 

They both will give you 2 different results.
I'm thinking about starting either insanity or p90x. Insanity would help with the weight loss I'm assuming?

Originally Posted by 35KD

Apples and Oranges IMO. 

I'm thinking about starting either insanity or p90x. Insanity would help with the weight loss I'm assuming?

No, it will kick your $#% while losing weight
laugh.gif

I love Insanity because it's fun, the cardio is up to par, you don't need any equipment.  You just use your body, and core do get it done.

I have p90x in the computer, but I'm assuming you need to have dumb bells, pull up bar etc.. right?  That's why I haven't started it.

laugh.gif

I love Insanity because it's fun, the cardio is up to par, you don't need any equipment.  You just use your body, and core do get it done.

I have p90x in the computer, but I'm assuming you need to have dumb bells, pull up bar etc.. right?  That's why I haven't started it.

So insanity is more so for toning your body while p90x is for bulking up if I am reading this right. I guess Insanity since I don't have that much as far as weights go right now. Any way to download it or buy off of someone for cheap?

laugh.gif

So insanity is more so for toning your body while p90x is for bulking up if I am reading this right. I guess Insanity since I don't have that much as far as weights go right now. Any way to download it or buy off of someone for cheap?

Pretty much, but like I said, the benefits of P90x is on a whole other level than Insanity.

I also love the ab workout, because you don't have to do any crunches or sit-ups.  It's challenging.

Insanity was downloaded.  You can also download the workout schedule.  

Spoiler [+]
  Frostwire 

I wouldn't say P90x is for bulking up, I think you will see muscle growth but it mostly for toning down too.

Is Insanity more difficult that P90x or P90x+? I might want to give it a try.

Originally Posted by 35KD

Apples and Oranges IMO. 

laugh.gif

Dumb bells, yes. But you don't need a pull up bar. I have the resistance bands instead.

Another plus to Insanity is that it's only 60 days compared to the 90 with P90x.

Is Insanity good for fat loss?
Im looking to drop anywhere from 20-40 pounds
Ive lost 15-20 in the past going to the gym and dieting on my own but I always gain it back

So it seems for now insanity is good especially since I can download it. It does seem from commercials that p90x will get that more defined look but healthy is healthy right now.

Originally Posted by The Notorious Bum

Is Insanity good for fat loss?
Im looking to drop anywhere from 20-40 pounds
Ive lost 15-20 in the past going to the gym and dieting on my own but I always gain it back

considering its all cardio and workout out the core...yes

btw im on week3 p90x...i got legs tomorrow

I tried Insanity and it can certainly be more difficult than P90X but be warned, you can easily hurt your self with Insanity.
While it is mostly cardio, you do get pushed pretty fast. And even though they recommend going your own phase, the workouts can get difficult on the joints.
He doesn't give you the proper time to perfect the form, you kind of have to jump into it unlike with P90X where Tony actually explains and slows it down a bit.
Even Insanity's stretches goes a bit fast when it is supposed to be slow with the right form.
There are also workouts where you jump around where you could seriously injure your knees and quads if it is not used to it.

Overall, Insanity looks like a good and fun program alternative once/if P90X gets boring but it is HIIT cardio so do not jump into it full max right away.
I would say take a week of watching and perfecting your form before actually starting and pushing yourself too much.

Hence the term "Insanity" 
tongue.gif

Yeah, it's not for the faint of heart, if you've never done anything physically challenging before in your life, I recommend taking it easy with this one. 
It's really a non-stop exercising program, you actually need to take a break voluntarily because they keep going until with or without you.

Serious note, 10 minutes into this, I'm already dying, and I've been playing basketball my whole life.  Nothing has come close or compared to Insanity.

After the first day, I told myself, I've never felt like this in my life.  All exhausted, and scared that I might pass out. 
laugh.gif

Good looking out, I was doing insanity for 3 days, and couldn't use it anymore, it probably saved me because I probably was pushing myself too hard, and didn't have perfect form on all of the excercises. What should I buy first p90 or Insanity?

im done with day 1 of week 10 today

last week I took my 60th day pics and i see where the some of the fat has come off

day 30 pics look almost identical to me so I finally experienced visual progress instead of the "I feel stronger" stuff
laugh.gif

not earth shattering progress but it is enough to keep me motivated cause it seems energy is hard to come by in phase 3
even though im eating 2 to 3 servings of carbs each day

Just started this yesterday. Forgot to take the before pics....gonna do that tonight. I didn't realize how many people were doing this. It is intense though. Once i get through P90X, i'll give insanity a try.

Originally Posted by Mo Matik

I have chronic plantar fasciitis and flat feet so I'm worried about starting the plyo.

Has anyone tried it with the same condition?

Are the plyos an integral part of the workout?  So like, can that day be substituted with something else?

I've got the same issue of sorts. Mine flares up sometimes...and then just goes away after a few weeks. Invest in a support running shoe for starters. Something with a post on the medial side. This will help you greatly. I do this in my Asics 2120s, which are an older model, and my Nike Structure 12s and have had NO issues. Pylo is fun, but difficult, you don't wanna skip a thing!

Since I actually bought the disks, I think i'm gonna rip them to my ipod so that I can incorporate some of this stuff into my lunch time workouts. Just dawned on me to make mp4s and keep them on my ipod for when I need ideas at the gym. Since I started this on Monday...i've been doing it in the morning, and then my normal workout routine on my lunch break. Yeah, i'm goin' all in on the exercise since i'm not doing the nutrition part yet.

Back
Top Bottom