P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Originally Posted by needsomejays

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

did my first day yesterday, gotta say, it wasnt fun
laugh.gif
not as sore as i thought i would be though
Plyometrics will make you sweat like you're in a pool of water. No lie when I was done with it I'd never sweat so much in my life my room was damp as hell, smelling like gym socks, and i damn near filled my bath tub from my sweat soaked shirt. I was
eek.gif
ing.

that first day of plyo yesterday
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
my legs are still killing me right now
Yeah those knee tucks hurt my knees and the other high impact moves.

did anybody else skip the yoga? i started doing it today and then just stopped
ohwell.gif
i just cant get into it

DO NOT SKIP ANY WORKOUTS!!! You'll get into that mindset that it's okay to skip workouts when really it's not. As Tony said he's fast blah blah blah because he does Yoga not because he can do a lot of pull ups etc. I did yoga yesterday and I wanted to quit so bad but I stuck through to the end(1hr and a 1/2). Most of the moves I can't do but I know when I'm finally able to do them I'll be
pimp.gif
ing myself.
yeah i guess, i didnt plan on skipping anything else, just the yoga, i guess i'll give it another go the next time around

anybody else modify the work outs? on chest and back days im thinkin about doing benching instead of the push ups, i feel like im loosing way too much size in my chest, do you guys think this is a bad idea? should i just go through the whole program once and then do it again modified? sorry for all the questions
laugh.gif

planning to start p90x on monday.

i have dumbbells and am planning on getting a pull-up bar this weekend.

what else do i need to start off?

Originally Posted by jmal519

yoga mat, resistance bands incase you can't do 1 pullup, lots and lots of motivation....keep it up and don't slack!

Originally Posted by jmal519

You good money, I 'd buy the powerstands for pushups but that's just me. They cost like $50 but imo they're worth it. In layman's terms you're getting a retro jordan and not the crap quality stuff jordan puts out now.

I finished Insanity.  It was great.  I'm now going to start a hybrid of p90x, p90+, and Insanity.

Pics of my evolution thus far.  I've cut the fat, now it's time to start building the muscle.

Evolution.jpg

Amazing transformation.  Kudos.

I wish I can have the mentality to stick with it, I've started Insanity then never finish.  Now back at square one.

What do you guys do to stay focused? 

Roc - Great stuff man. Inspiring
pimp.gif

Did you follow the P90x diet plan to a tea?

Im looking over it now, It doesn't seem as hard as ppl make it out to be , But i dont eat much to begin with (Even tho i dont get nowhere near as much protein/Veggies/Fruits as i should)

Any tips?

Originally Posted by ForeverDecember21

Roc - Great stuff man. Inspiring
pimp.gif

Did you follow the P90x diet plan to a tea?

Im looking over it now, It doesn't seem as hard as ppl make it out to be , But i dont eat much to begin with (Even tho i dont get nowhere near as much protein/Veggies/Fruits as i should)

Any tips?
Thanks, I appreciate the it.

I didn't follow the diet plan PERFECTLY.  What I did was completely cut out soda, juice, and fast food.  COMPLETELY CUT IT OUT!!!!

It's not hard to eat properly at all.  One thing that did help with the protein was drinking a protein shake (GNC Wheybolic 60) with my breakfast, and one right after I work out.

I ate fruits and veggies whenever along with a class of water between meals.  Instead of a bag of chips, choose an apple.   

Bout to start this for real in a few days... What exactly do i need?

I have all the videos DL'ed but i need the Nutrition guide i think as well as the Fitness guide?

Then just get Yoga mats and resistance bands right???

Thanks!

I'm doing Insanity right now. On my 3rd week, very challenging. The warmup in Insanity is harder than most exercise programs in their entirety.  You will see results, but more importantly than seeing the results, you will be in top notch shape. I can now get sub 6 minute miles, which may not seem like a lot, but at 6'6 250 lbs that's pretty darn good. BTW Insanity is harder than P90X overall.

2luat90.jpg

I'm taking AMP AMPlified Mass XXX from GNC as a meal replacements, and also AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60 by GNC for my post workout recovery drink. I only eat chicken breasts and shrimp and an occasional shake. For veggies I eat broccoli and I take a powerful veggie based multi-vitamin. I also take USP Labs Recreate Fat burner. My total calorie intake per day hovers around 2300, considering I do High Intensity Interval Training 6 days a week I'll be cut the %$!@ up completely by Oct.

Can't believe this thread is still alive. I remember posting some decent results about a year ago.

At this point though, I've really let things go. Eating fast food, not doing any exercises, etc...

Now that I'm done moving I should have some time to dedicate to working out.

what do you guys do if/when you miss a day?
its kinda hard to do it 6 times a week
grin.gif
. random stuff will come up here and there that makes me miss a day

Originally Posted by Mr Jordan04

what do you guys do if/when you miss a day?
its kinda hard to do it 6 times a week
grin.gif
. random stuff will come up here and there that makes me miss a day
I miss days all the time, its hard not too with work/school. Not a problem at all bro, just keep on movin. 5x a week is still a great accomplishment and something to be proud of if you keep it consistent, were not all robots we dont all have the amount of time professional athletes have to workout...we all have other commitments too, so its okay to miss a couple days a week use them as rest days, but the next day go hard! (no romo)
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by oO ThE RoC Oo

Originally Posted by Bay Area shoehead

my before and afters

BEFORE
10216_1223118451803_1044220310_30680432_2509570_n.jpg

AFTER
10216_1223118731810_1044220310_30680433_7673031_n.jpg

FOR SURE WORKS!!!!!!
Good work my man!!

These are my before and after pics.

Day 0
4104064785_9ec50c8a74_o.jpg

Day 90
4014449750_b157c64b32.jpg

4164856123_92bf69eb90.jpg
whoa....might have to get this so i can look vin diesel for 2011.

I just got a box of Protein shake mix... http://www.amazon.com/gp/...01N4A4T4/ref=oss_product

Thinking about drinking this for breakfast mostly and after workout drink...

Im new to the Protein shake game and all around supplement usage all together. Any tips on the best ways to optimize the use of it? I tried my first shake today, its not too bad and im sure i can get used to it.

Just waiting on my set of resistance bands to get here and print out the p90x nutrition and fitness guides then ill be starting the program with my girl too.

Pretty optimistic about the whole thing and ive seen a lot of good reviews and results so hopefully i can do the same.

If you insist on going with protein shakes, use them as meal replacements. Also analyze your diet to see just how much protein your body is taking in on your normal daily diet. Extra protein that your body doesn't use is stored as fat, so don't over supplement with that stuff.

Usually my lunch at work consists of a salad with balsamic vinegarette, sliced tomato, sliced ham, and some other coldcut type meats like salami or capicola.

Then dinner I try to eat as healthy as possible, the girlfriend has been on cooking salmon a lot lately and i love it, grilled salmon with roasted squash and zucchini is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

what resources should i be using to be more conscious of how much protein/fats/calories im taking in?

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

I'm doing Insanity right now. On my 3rd week, very challenging. The warmup in Insanity is harder than most exercise programs in their entirety.  You will see results, but more importantly than seeing the results, you will be in top notch shape. I can now get sub 6 minute miles, which may not seem like a lot, but at 6'6 250 lbs that's pretty darn good. BTW Insanity is harder than P90X overall.

2luat90.jpg

I'm taking AMP AMPlified Mass XXX from GNC as a meal replacements, and also AMP Wheybolic Extreme 60 by GNC for my post workout recovery drink. I only eat chicken breasts and shrimp and an occasional shake. For veggies I eat broccoli and I take a powerful veggie based multi-vitamin. I also take USP Labs Recreate Fat burner. My total calorie intake per day hovers around 2300, considering I do High Intensity Interval Training 6 days a week I'll be cut the %$!@ up completely by Oct.
you sir are a MAD MAN! ive seen all your pics and progress since you first started and i have to say AWESOME WORK! seriously. i wish i could take this seriously and work hard like you. Keep it up bro
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Wassup party people!! Can somebody recommend me a good, free file to dvd converter? The p90x files I downloaded are ISO files. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom