P90X Discussion

Originally Posted by haiti5

man yall need to jus go to the gym..u can get the same results by goin to the gym..of course u still have to push yourself but u wont be as sore.
You are right to a certain degree, however this whole regime is succusseful because of the constant muscle shock. If you go to a gym and mix it upexactly the way P90X instructs, then of course you will see the same results.

Originally Posted by Dirtylicious

I have the regular P90...it's pretty good... definitely good if you''re not in the best of shape like I was due to a knee injury
How long did it take before U started to see results a lil curious cuz i'm way outta shape..

For anyone who wants to try it out, you can find all the videos somewhere on the net. Also pretty easy tofind, are PDFs of all the nutrition plans, etc. Yes I went the cheap route..I almost feel bad about not buying the stuff as I think it has made a bigdifference. I'd say you should see results in the first week if you actually do it everyday. I could def not do a lot of the exercises or was way morewinded than the guys on TV at first..but that starts to change over the weeks. Although 1 handed pushups are still a far distant goal..

Definitely get a pullup bar, I did the first 4 weeks without one, and after getting one..makes a huge difference. Your back won't develop as much aseverything else without it. I got the Iron Gym one for $30 at Dck's. You can find cheaper ones too, but you want multiple grips to do different kinds ofpullups. Only drawback is using the resistance bands..they work well, but you have to be so careful on how muchtension you have in the band to make sure your using it right (i.e. you can't just pick it up like a weight).

There is a P90X infomercial on Golf Channel right now....

Where would one purchase this program at also?

I order a copy today, every where in my city (Toronto) is sold out. I did find one place selling it for 150 plus tax.

No to find out what extras ill need, mat, weights, etc

Def not buying the pull up bar. guess ill go with the resistance band

i bought all my crap from ebay. just went to that beachbody site and typed in the names on ebay... found some for mad cheap. i say get all of it if your gonnago thru with it.

Started the program on Sat.

I enjoyed the plyometrics video. At the end of the workout there is drills related to basketball and football. Hopin it makes a differnce.
I hate being the 8th option a mens C leage team

I was on day 21 then I got like a 48 hr flu and didnt eat but its been about a week so I'm starting again tonight!! Its tuff but if you stick to it youdefinitly see great results in 90 days!! In 21 days I was feeling great!!! I'm not looking forward to starting again ..lol ..but in 3/4 days I'll beback on track!! Man if wouldn't have gotten sick I would of been 1/3 of the way done and on phase 2!!!!! I went and got a few more dumbells cause u want avarierty of them to switch up weights as needed quikly! I recommend a pull up bar...

P90x is the real deal if ya ask me!!!

Originally Posted by haiti5

man yall need to jus go to the gym..u can get the same results by goin to the gym..of course u still have to push yourself but u wont be as sore.

^^ I diagree I mean your definitly correct but in my case I never new how to work everything and get the best results of the time I spend at the gym! I wouldbe sore leaving the gym but P90x is hitting every muscle and no wasted time.. but Im sure people who no how to workout dont have my problem... I love P90x andthat lil clock on the dvd in the corner is sick It pushes me to do a few more reps and If i was in the gym I mite hae quit a lil earlier!

The P90X is no joke it's tough and you need to have AT LEAST 1 hour per day to work out. Plus another 20 minutes for abs.
All your basically doing is different kinds of push ups, pull ups and different movements with weights (curls, hammers, etc). But it really does work, Istarted off P90X by only being able to do like 1 pull up and by 1 and 1/2 months I was able to 15. Everyone's body is different but I could notice majorchanges about 2 weeks in. I don't mind going to the gym but being in the comfort of my own home is probably the best thing P90X has to offer. Plus, Tonyreally does motivate you to keep working out and putting in your best effort.

Just like the gym, you do need the right motivation to be able keep going as it's 6 days a week. I've never been able to go for the whole 3 months, thelongest I've actually gone is 2 months, However even that put me in the best shape of my life. I went from 220 lbs to 170 lbs with P90X's help. When Iwas in high school and played basketball I could hardly even touch the rim but with the Plyometrics (which is included in P90X) I am now able to dunk prettycleanly.
so wil the pullup bar hold bout 180 Ibs?
Easily.

I have the regular P90...it's pretty good... definitely good if you''re not in the best of shape like I was due to a knee injury

For P90X I would suggest that anyone with knee problems be very careful. There is alot of jumping and quick movements involved in the program,which they even warn may be bad for people with bad knees and joints

Also there is a P90X Plus program out there as well. It's basically an add on to the P90X program. The works out are 40 minutes, there are less breaks andmuch tougher excercises but man does it make you feel good afterwards.

***Just remember, don't be discouraged if you can't even come close to keeping up with them. After a week or two you'll be doing more pushups andpullups than you ever imagined you'd be able to do***

I have been wanting to get this for a while, now, I'm waiting till I get some more money so I can afford it, cuz I'm pretty broke right now fromtuition...
frown.gif

but I can't wait to try it

Yea after I finish this cycle of HST, I really wanna try this. At first I was kinda scared at the price tag (around 100 dollars CDN), and a pullup bar, butthat's pretty much the price of 3 months at my gym.

How heavy dumbells do you need? I'd have to go out and buy those too, unless this is easy to do in a regular gym.

Im quite keen on this.

If I go ahead with it, should I ditch the gym completely for 90 days?

I feel that my vertical/quickness and general strength has vastly improved by doing 3-a-weeks at the gym.

Originally Posted by I3

Im quite keen on this.

If I go ahead with it, should I ditch the gym completely for 90 days?

I feel that my vertical/quickness and general strength has vastly improved by doing 3-a-weeks at the gym.
thats what im wondering. my gym has a bunch of smaller side rooms for classes and aerobics. i was thinking of taking a small portable DVD playerin there and still doing it at the gym instead of in my living room because i think i would be more focused if there wasnt a tv near me or the internet orwhatever.

I was looking at videos on youtubes of people's results and decided I'd jump on the bandwagon too. You can get it much cheaper from amazon.commarketplace sellers, all 13 of the DVDs for like 65$ and then the manuals in digital format or somebody will sell you those seperately cheap too. I'm noteven trying to mess with those door frame chinup bars. I'm just going to drop 150$ and get a workout tower
41Tb78sOnZL._SS400_.jpg

Originally Posted by DatZNasty

I was looking at videos on youtubes of people's results and decided I'd jump on the bandwagon too. You can get it much cheaper from amazon.com marketplace sellers, all 13 of the DVDs for like 65$ and then the manuals in digital format or somebody will sell you those seperately cheap too. I'm not even trying to mess with those door frame chinup bars. I'm just going to drop 150$ and get a workout tower
41Tb78sOnZL._SS400_.jpg

Ideal but I don't have the extra space

I was looking at videos on youtubes of people's results and decided I'd jump on the bandwagon too. You can get it much cheaper from amazon.com marketplace sellers, all 13 of the DVDs for like 65$ and then the manuals in digital format or somebody will sell you those seperately cheap too. I'm not even trying to mess with those door frame chinup bars. I'm just going to drop 150$ and get a workout tower
do some more research...it wont damage the frame...i was skeptical about it also, but i grew confidence in it and hasnt done any damage
laugh.gif

i did the first 40 days or so before i just ran out of time because of basketball games and practices.. anyway.. its a pretty good program.. its not easy andits pretty tough. i didn't do the yoga bc i thought it was too long and boring and threw and extra day of plyo in there instead.

i lost about 10 lbs of fat and got a lot leaner during the process.. i also added a lil bit to my vert. if you follow the whole program, including the mealsuggestions.. you'll be in really good shape.

Originally Posted by wanksta23

do some more research...it wont damage the frame...i was skeptical about it also, but i grew confidence in it and hasnt done any damage
laugh.gif
I did. Most people said while initially it didn't appear to be doing any damage, later they notice their frame had moved down some, especiallywhen they tried to close the door it was noticeable. I weigh upwards of 2 bills and live in apartment furthermore, I just can't see it not making thisentire building fall down. Plus, turns out you can actually get workout towers like the one I posted, for 80$ That's how much this basic one is on buy.com
202385891.jpg

or this Weider for 156$
0043619209143_500X500.jpg

Back
Top Bottom