Pac 12 Basketball Thread

We are very very very lucky Oregon lost yesterday. They were gunning for our spot

Lunardi only has Udub and Cal in at the moment with Udub part of the "Last Four In"

I honestly think we get bumped out by someone (Don't think Cal wins the tourney)...and I can't even be mad at that unfortunately..Too many blown chances this season

Any team with two potential lottery players would be dangerous in the tourney. That shouldn't be debatable. What is, is which Washington would show up. They've shown a lot of great flashes of dominance, but it seems they're just lazy about it or just can't seem to put it together.

I hope they get in, obviously, but they had some poor showings at inopportune times and don't neccessarily deserve to have a gauranteed spot.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Any team with two potential lottery players would be dangerous in the tourney.
That doesn't mean anything if you don't have a solid interior presence and can't run a half-court offense. This is why Washington has never gotten past the Sweet 16 with Romar. They've usually had the guard play necessary for Sweet 16 runs, but they get absolutely abused inside, especially when they run into bigger teams that are better coached.

Aziz has a presence, just on the defensive end and the reason they lost to UNC last year was because in the last 5 minutes they completely seized up and started passing up shots and turning the ball over. They don't need a big man to put up points becasue they can score at will if they wanted to (Wroten is unstoppable going to the rim and Ross is pretty good when he asserts himself) and it covers up the inefficiencies of their post game.

It's much more about their defensive effort. When they want to be they can be lock down, but the effort just isn't there 80% of the time. It would definitely help if Aziz wasn't a doofus on offense, but I'm not gonna say that's the biggest reason, because they definitely have the talent to score from anywhere on the floor, whether it's a gaurd scoring in the paint or not.

Edit: Sorry, one more thing. It doesn't help when they completely lolly gag through the first half and into the first part of the 2nd half on offense. It's all effort with this team. When they put work in, they're dangerous.

That's the problem, When Aziz is on the floor we are pretty solid on the defensive side..when he gets in foul trouble we are toast.

and the halfcourt offense will always be a problem it seems...We go through these random droughts of no ball/player movement...that's why we can't ever hold on to good leads when we have them

Talent is there but we are nowhere near consistent on either side of the ball as a team to be a serious threat imo. I can't point to one game this season to gives me confidence.. We have stretches of great play...but never enough to win against good teams

Damn Cal
sick.gif
Thanks for @%!#+@@ things up for Udub
30t6p3b.gif

I really think cal f'd themselves over last night. PAC 12 only going to get 2 teams in

The winner of zona/Colorado along with washington gets in. A damn shame

Exactly, Cal was the team in regardless

Whoever wins out of Zona and Colorado gets the other spot for the Pac-12

That's it
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Two bids
sick.gif

Arizona has interior defense problems. The red carpet is rolled out for a lot Colorado's paths to the basket.

Pulled this from a Seattle Times article.
No BCS conference winner has been excluded from the tournament in the modern era while no team with an RPI of 69 or higher has ever received an at-large berth.

Which way will it go...Let us hope!

Welp, it is what it is...I do feel what Hubert was saying that if you win the reg. season title you should get in

All we had to do was reach the damn semis and we're in
30t6p3b.gif

Can't complain though

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Welp, it is what it is...I do feel what Hubert was saying that if you win the reg. season title you should get in

All we had to do was reach the damn semis and we're in
30t6p3b.gif

Can't complain though
I agree with all of this. It only makes sense, but at the same time, in all other areas they don't deserve to get in.
Ha. Shut your !@@ %@$ up jumpman.

Cal has a decent draw. They could easily just lose to USF
laugh.gif
, but at least they won't need to face 1's and 2's like they would had they been a 9 or 10 seed. I'm cautiously optimistic they can make a decent run..

Back
Top Bottom