Pac 12 Basketball Thread

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Soooo bitter.  
Arizona/UW #1 seeds in the NIT probably 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Lets Go!!!!!! We'll start with a NIT championship and work our way up to a NCAA one next season.

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by Bruce Waynee

Soooo bitter.  
Arizona/UW #1 seeds in the NIT probably 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
Lets Go!!!!!! We'll start with a NIT championship and work our way up to a NCAA one next season.

Nah, Ducks coming for that NIT title. CBI -> NIT -> NCAA next year
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

IMO the reg season Conference champ should be automatic into tourney

It really is shocking that it wasn't an auto berth, IDK how weak the conference was this year. 
If you guys would have F'ing won the Pac-12 tourney we wouldnt be in this mess! Thanks Bears. 
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

IMO the reg season Conference champ should be automatic into tourney
Not when you have uneven conference schedules. UW didn't have to play at Cal. UW beat Cal at home and won the league by 1 game. Not really a compelling reason as to why UW should be in. Neither team should have made it.

Hey guys, a lurker in this thread, but a fan of the pac12 ball, really like where Zona is headed and Washington/Oregon as well. I think the NIT is a better option for young up and coming teams, not like any of the pac12 schools are winning a game in the dance this year anyways. Spending Booster provided cash in NY, while getting a few more games under the belt > An extra 3 days of practice and a ticket home on thursday. 

I actually went to the game tonight (friend wanted to go, and he was going to be alone, and tix were cheap). Some observations:

1. I'm now convinced Romar cannot teach defense. That first half was brutal. Ball handlers on the perimeter getting the first step every time, and the defender putting a hand out before moving their feet. The crowd should have booing their own players, rather than the refs. Even my friend, a die-hard Husky, was irritated with the crowd booing the refs.

2. Speaking of refs, they KILLED the flow of the game in the second half. Too many whistles. Neither team got in a rhythm. The two charge calls were absolutely unbelievable. I know they canceled each other out, but those were obvious blocking fouls.

3. Every time UW seemed to get momentum, they'd either commit a dumb foul, or Oregon would hit a huge shot. That happened at least a half-dozen times in a row (at least in moments when the crowd rose to its feet). I guess that's just how it was going to play out.

4. The UW pep band. You'd think that when the home team calls a time out in crunch time, the band would NOT play, especially considering they're playing right on top of the home bench. If I'm Romar, I'm telling that band to shut up in a close game with less than two minutes. If Oregon calls a time out, blast away.

Anyway, fun times, energetic crowd. My first CBB game in about seven years. and I'm a WSU guy, so I just hoped the floor would give way and both teams would sink into a fiery pit of doom.

I'm hoping RichRod can get us back, Suh wrecked us in our last good bowl appearance

I'm hoping RichRod can get us back, Suh wrecked us in our last good bowl appearance

The community support for RR is off the charts compared to...

West coast football is something different, going to be culture shock on the team top to bottom. I'm not sure what Stoops was doing for the last couple years. New facilities are going to be nice, can't believe that a D-1 program in a BCS conference is relegated to McKale.

Back
Top Bottom