Pacman suspended Indefinitely...ESPN NEWS reports...

it's amazing how some of yall are trying to paint pacman as the victim in all of this. Somehow you have turned a blind eye to EVERYTHING he did to puthimself in this position in the first place.

in fact if i left work today and had a drink and got into a bar fight, my employer wouldnt even know unless i was jailed ...
laugh.gif
You're not PacMan Jones. You're not a high-profile athlete... And if you got arrested several times, like PacMan has in the past,would your employer not keep a closer watch on you? Would you get to keep your job if you were out doing things that made your boss and his company look bad?
this goes along with the idea that GOoDell is too worried about old timers opinions than the league in general ...
If this had anything to do with Roger Goodell being too concerned about what old timers like Mike Ditka thought, Mike Ditka wouldn't beleading a charge against Goodell and the NFL for not helping take care of retired players...
it had nothing at all to do with our injuries or the pacman loss ... i know i know ... foh
Did those things likely increase the price Jerry was willing to pay to get this thing done? Yeah, probably... But this move wasn't madebecause of Pacman's suspension... The Cowboys have been trying to trade for a receiver for a year now... They've been mentioned with EVERY receiverthat was rumored to be available this offseason... It's not like this trade came out of nowhere. It's been talked about since long before Pac got introuble last week.
this is the 21st century people drinka nd party and fight, go to college once in a while ...
eyes.gif
Ignorance... Go to college...
laugh.gif
These are grown %%%%%%% men... The vast majority of grown men carry themselves in a professionalmanner, and that's reflected through the majority of the NFL... Grown men don't drink to the point of stupidity and get in fights in hotel bathrooms.Grown men aren't running around strip clubs throwing money in the air and punching women...

forreal doublejs, i understand dude is a knucklehead and acts like a child ... but what has he done to warrant a suspension ... he is alleged to have done aslew of things ... things he has never been convicted of ... its like dude was around and was a football payer and loud so people automatically just write himoff ...

in the same breath you said your statement, you can also add that there are far too many people not giving him the benefit of the doubt because of thingshe's "said to have done" with no real proof

Interesting. Because at my college if you get caught fighting once, you're on probation. If it happens again, you're out.
your college is lame, which explains how soft you are
And if you got arrested several times, like PacMan has in the past, would your employer not keep a closer watch on you? Would you get to keep your job if you were out doing things that made your boss and his company look bad?
if a subsidiary of the company i work for was willing to give me a contract, then why shouldnty i be able to keep my job? its different if GOoDellsaid, FIRE HIM NOW JERRY and nobody else better giver him a job ... but thats not what has happened ...
eyes.gif
Ignorance... Go to college...
laugh.gif
These are grown %%%%%%% men... The vast majority of grown men carry themselves in a professional manner, and that's reflected through the majority of the NFL... Grown men don't drink to the point of stupidity and get in fights in hotel bathrooms. Grown men aren't running around strip clubs throwing money in the air and punching women...
man get out more or something ... ive worked at many bars and seen numerous grown men get in fights over things as little as a pool cue lol ...grown men, pacman is 26, im almost 23 ... if i had some millions id be wilin too ... maybe i have a better head on my shoulders to lay low but dont hold itagainst me if i go drink at a private lil get together and get into it with a bodyguard who was also drinking ... it doesnt add up

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

forreal doublejs, i understand dude is a knucklehead and acts like a child ... but what has he done to warrant a suspension ... he is alleged to have done a slew of things ... things he has never been convicted of ... its like dude was around and was a football payer and loud so people automatically just write him off ...

in the same breath you said your statement, you can also add that there are far too many people not giving him the benefit of the doubt because of things he's "said to have done" with no real proof
This is the third time I've said it, but I'll direct it to you....what is your interpretation of the words "zero tolerance?"

Pacman along with Roger Goodell came up with stipulations he needed to follow upon his reinstatement. Not only that, but Jerry Jones even went as far (lastweek) to tell Pac that he needed to keep a lower profile...all of this came before his dustup w. his bodyguard. Pacman was on as thin of ice that you couldfind. Going back to Jerry Jones, he even banned Pacman from going to Hooters. What does all of this tell you? Dude was on EXTREME parole with the NFL. Hehad simple guidelines to follow, but yet again showed he has trouble making decisions as a grown man. The NFL doesn't need Pacman Jones. Like Ry said, heis a byproduct of the ESPN hype machine, and for the Cowboys, he isn't worth the headache. Move on with Scandrick and Jenkins.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

And CP a lot of the issues with pass defense has been the front seven... I've expressed this feeling countless times on here... The secondary hasn't played great, but it's unfair to expect that when quarterbacks aren't feeling any pressure... Other than the game in Green Bay, and the second half of the Eagles game, the front seven hasn't created consistent pressure on quarterbacks this year... Sure, Ware has 5 or 6 sacks, but he hasn't dominated football games. He hasn't been making big plays on a consistent basis. Neither have Greg Ellis, Spencer, or the defensive ends... Greg Ellis even spoke out about it after the game on Sunday... The guys in that front seven aren't happy because they feel they aren't being given a chance to make plays. They feel like they're being dropped back in coverage too much. They don't feel like the play calling is aggressive enough right now. They want to get after the quarterback, and let the secondary do their jobs, but the defensive schemes haven't been game planned that way one time this year... Wade and Brian Stewart aren't attacking quarterbacks like they should be...

When this defense attacks, like they did in Green Bay and in the second half of the Eagles game, we've seen they're capable of being a pretty good unit... But for whatever reason, they aren't in attack mode very often...
Could that be construed as the coaches don't want to leave the CB's on an island and are schemeing the lineman to drop in and out ofcoverage to try and confuse the QB as opposed to going all out attack? Not saying that's what it is, just wondering if it's possible.

Nowitness and I have disagreed in the past with my comparisons of Brooks/Romo, but this man is probably one of the most level-headed hardcore fans there is.

He is forever in here cheering on the 'Boys, defending the 'Boys, and politicking for the 'Boys', but the fact that he's not defendingPacman right now speaks alot on his UN-biased opinion.

Too many people have a father-son complex with their favorite teams, where you know, here's your son, just got arrested for doing whatever, and the dad is"no, that's not my son, he could never do that"

Point: Adam Jones can blame one person for this... Adam Jones

i'd love to find a rational or legitimate reason to defend pacman "adam" jones, but i can't find one.

so he hasn't been convicted of anything. fine. but you cannot ignore the fact that he's still been arrested numerous times. this dude cannot be at thewrong place at the wrong time EVERY SINGLE TIME. he puts himself into compromising situations that he knows damn well he shouldn't put himself into. heknew he was on a VERY short leash and he knew that there were numerous stipulations to his reinstatement. he did this to himself, no one else did this to him.it's not about the punishment fitting the crime like many of you are focusing on, it's about his putting himself in a position to getpunished.

in the end pacman has to learn that playing in the NFL is a privilege, not a right.

keep in mind that this dude is also a high profile figure and anything he does will be magnified more so than a regular person. for the majority of us, gettinga speeding ticket or put into the drunk tank is something that most anyone WILL NOT know. but for guys like pacman, media outlets will blow it the hell up foreveryone to know.

think about it. pacman isn't just an employee for jerry jones, but he's an employee for the NFL as a whole. anything and everything stupid that he doeswill not only reflect badly on the dallas cowboys, but also on jerry jones for trading for him and roger goodell for reinstating him.

People are missing the point. Its not about someone getting arrested or not and whether their company knows.

Its about Goodell knowing this league is in the spotlight and things like this ARE publicized and without a doubt make the L look bad.

Thats what Roger is basing this on. Not so much legalities, but from a P.R. view.

You fightin the good fight, Marley...but it's a lost cause. Nobody finna change they opinion, the folk who think he deserved it think he deserved it, andthe ppl who think this is being blown way out of proprtion, especially when you consider the man has a clean record as far as the law is concerned, have thatopinion.

Even though I'm a firm member of the latter camp, fact is dude is gone 4 at least a month if not permanently, and there nothin nobody can do about it.Godell rules the league with a iron fist... Its sad, its unfair, its complete and unimpeachable baby back bull$#!+...but it also is what it is.

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

People are missing the point. Its not about someone getting arrested or not and whether their company knows.

Its about Goodell knowing this league is in the spotlight and things like this ARE publicized and without a doubt make the L look bad.

Thats what Roger is basing this on. Not so much legalities, but from a P.R. view.
it's not about the punishment fitting the crime like many of you are focusing on, it's about his putting himself in a position to get punished.
These two quotes sum up my feelings better than I said myself...

PacMan knows he's in the spotlight. PacMan knows everything he does in the public is going to be followed very, very closely, and scrutinized to no end...Adam knows these things, but he doesn't understand them. When you're a multi-million dollar athlete with the reputation Adam has, you don't go to ahotel party or a bar and drink yourself stupid. You're putting yourself in a situation that could lead to potential problems. If he was serious aboutreviving his NFL career, and cared more about being a superstar on the football field than off it, he'd put the drinking and partying aside for the timebeing...

And that comes back to my point about Tank Johnson... You heard anything negative about him since his suspension? No. He's been a model citizen in theCowboys locker room and away from football. He gets it. It's painfully obvious that Adam Jones doesn't.

I like the analogy that one Cowboy player mentioned.

Something like..."Some things can simply be handled in the classroom. They didn't have to send him straight to the Principal."

I think this could have been handled within the Cowboy organization. However, Goodell is good for PR moments and patching up the league's image.

EXACTLY ... its all Public Relations, thats the point ... honestly who really believes GOoDell wants to "help" pacman? LMAO ... The only reason hestalking about we need to get him an evaluation lalalalala is because he wants to look like a fair dude ... when in actuality hes a power hungry borderlinetyrant ... ole bama #%% fining people for posing ... freakin dweeb if you ask me

"Zero Tolerance" ............................ i guess look at it like this ... my teacher comes to me and says, marley, youve been talking too much,if i hear ONE MORE PEEP from you im calling your mother ... 10 minutes later a girl asks me for a pencil and she says thank you and i reply "yourewelcome" ... teacher comes over and says thats it 301 ... .... ... thats *%$$%#%%

...edit...

TANK JOHNSON? this dude was caught with [Katt Williams] A, SALT RIFLES ... not guns, not guns ... A, SALT RIFLES [/KATT WILLIAMS]

So we're gonna compare PacMan getting into a scuffle in a public place, after he'd been drinking, to lending little Sally a pencil back in thirdgrade...
roll.gif
OK.

EXACTLY ... its all Public Relations, thats the point ... honestly who really believes GOoDell wants to "help" pacman? LMAO ... The only reason hes talking about we need to get him an evaluation lalalalala is because he wants to look like a fair dude ... when in actuality hes a power hungry borderline tyrant ... ole bama #%% fining people for posing ... freakin dweeb if you ask me

"Zero Tolerance" ............................ i guess look at it like this ... my teacher comes to me and says, marley, youve been talking too much, if i hear ONE MORE PEEP from you im calling your mother ... 10 minutes later a girl asks me for a pencil and she says thank you and i reply "youre welcome" ... teacher comes over and says thats it 301 ... .... ... thats *%$$%#%%

...edit...

TANK JOHNSON? this dude was caught with [Katt Williams] A, SALT RIFLES ... not guns, not guns ... A, SALT RIFLES [/KATT WILLIAMS]

laugh.gif
nice analogy. you are WAY OUT there man.

so if he gets convicted of any of the things he's been arrested for that will make this suspension justified in your mind? thats basically what you'rethinking?

man use your imagination ... in either case its %!!%!%$% ... there is a reason why laws are made with room for interpretation ... theres a reason why peoplefight to have just judges to interpret the constitution ... you can never put an "absolute" on anything ... you dont think there were drunk dudes whohated pacman calling him names in public to try and get a rise out of him?

i dont believe in saying, ok if you do ANYTHING and its in the media, you are getting suspended ... bunch of %!!%!%$% im telling you ... there circumstances inevery situation

nice analogy. you are WAY OUT there man.

so if he gets convicted of any of the things he's been arrested for that will make this suspension justified in your mind? thats basically what you're thinking?
do yall not understand the point of my analogy? and yes as a victim of wrongful accusations myself i want nothing more than a simple conviction ofpacman ... but since i wasnt there, and i damn near bet neither were you, why is everyone POSITIVE he did everything wrong?

like i said before, the only thing I KNOW FOR A FACT, is that pacman tends to be with the wrong crowd and at the wrong place at the wrong time ... i cant speakon exactly what he did and neither can any of you ... sorry if i believe in a country wherey ou are innocent until proven guilty

Originally Posted by CP1708

Dallas folk actin like this guy wearin number 21 has the last name Sanders on the back.
laugh.gif

I give credit to Dirk for accepting that Pac ain't worth sh*^.

I've seen every snap from the Cowboys this season and I can't list 2 plays where I thought to myself "wow, nice play by Pac".

Now to be fair, I have counted all that many times where I could say he was toasted either. He's been merely an average CB for them this season. Losing him means nothing to anybody but his fan boys.
Really? Adams Jones has started every game this season, is 3rd in total tackles for the cowboys, and leads the team in passes deflected.

Interesting. Because at my college if you get caught fighting once, you're on probation. If it happens again, you're out.
your college is lame, which explains how soft you are

How soft I am? You know me?
laugh.gif

You're funny.
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

I like the analogy that one Cowboy player mentioned.

Something like..."Some things can simply be handled in the classroom. They didn't have to send him straight to the Principal."

I think this could have been handled within the Cowboy organization. However, Goodell is good for PR moments and patching up the league's image.

That's the problem. The Cowboy organization didn't handle it.

EXACTLY ... its all Public Relations, thats the point ... honestly who really believes GOoDell wants to "help" pacman? LMAO ... The only reason hes talking about we need to get him an evaluation lalalalala is because he wants to look like a fair dude ... when in actuality hes a power hungry borderline tyrant ... ole bama #%% fining people for posing ... freakin dweeb if you ask me

"Zero Tolerance" ............................ i guess look at it like this ... my teacher comes to me and says, marley, youve been talking too much, if i hear ONE MORE PEEP from you im calling your mother ... 10 minutes later a girl asks me for a pencil and she says thank you and i reply "youre welcome" ... teacher comes over and says thats it 301 ... .... ... thats *%$$%#%%

...edit...

No. You're analogy is inappropriate for this situation. A more appropriate analogy would be.

"my teacher comes to me and says, marley, youve been talking too much, if i hear ONE MORE PEEP from you im calling your mother ... 10 minutes latera girl asks me for a pencil and she says thank you and i reply "youre welcome" I'm trying topass a note to another kid in class since I can't talk and as I'm trying to get their attention ... teacher comes over and says thats it 301 ... ....... thats *%$$%#%%"

that's more appropriate because

1) you were told to stop talking, because you were disrupting class. Now, even though you weren't making noise, by passing a note, you were stilldisrupting class, so the teacher had every right...

JUST LIKE

2) Adam Jones was told to not be involved in any alcohol-related incidents because of his probation... now, if he drinks, that's on him, but when he getscaught doing something he isn't supposed to be doing (a drunken argument/fight isn't appropriate ANYWHERE), he put himself in that position by DRINKINGin the first place. the argument would be of no relevance... had he not been drinking.

Back
Top Bottom