Pacman suspended Indefinitely...ESPN NEWS reports...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Double J's its not unfair to punish Pacman, its unfair to not allow himself to treat his real problem. It's a problem for many people but the NFL is such a rich company that it should not be out of the realm to allow him to at least go to a rehabilitation facility before you completely blackball him

But this is just giving him ANOTHER chance. He has lost any credibility with the NFL as far as I'm concerned. Look at the job you have. If you constantly screwed up over, and over, and over...would you really expect them to bend over backwards and be sympathetic to your immaturity? No, they would most likely fire you after the first incident. Pacman was lucky to be in the position he was during this season. Look at guys in other leagues like Roy Tarpley, Steve Howe, etc etc....they had their chances and blew it. I think it would be safe to say that Pacman may have had more chances than both Tarp and Howe combined. You can only help someone who wants to be helped. I mean, Pac had Deion and Michael Irvin as a mentors and still found a way to mess up. If anyone knows how to make the most out of a 2nd chance, it's these guys. Again, he had more chances than both Irvin and Deion. Dude has ignored good advice and chose to do things his own way. The NFL does not need Pacman, nor do they owe anything to him as far as rehabilitation. They have done enough for him, and in turn have been made to look like a fool by Pacman.

Im seeing this and I understand it, but Michael had his problem identified, Deion had his problem identified. The law enforcement did that. I knew Pacman had a problem with the nightlife but did you ever hear about an alcohol problem ? That whole year he was out did we hear about pacman going into a rehabilitation facility. We heard about problems with police officers,and problems with strip clubs. The county where his probation was didnt mandate he go to rehab. The NFL punished Adam because he had a bad mix of people around him and it caused problems. Do you think Michael Irvin knew he had an alcohol problem? If society wants to improve itsself it should not allow people period to be cast aside. Doing that creates more crime which creates more problems. The NFL as violent and cutthroat a league as it is needs to set an example.
I hear what you're saying, and I do agree to an extent....as far as alcohol/drug addictions, doesn't the NFL keep things under wraps asfar as who is in their treatment programs? If I remember correctly, Terry Glenn had a 4 game suspension a few years back for violating some NFL policy...butwhen it was reported, it came out that he had failed numerous tests over the years....I'm not making excuses, but I am sure that the NFL/Cowboys knew whatthey were getting when Pacman was reinstated. I think Jerry Jones had a stipulation about Pacman drinking in his new contract. That tells me that he at leasthad some idea of Pac's problems. I think you can set an example for a player who shows good intention of trying to do right. We all make mistakes butwhen is enough, enough? The league is cutthroat, but it is also a business. Having Pacman as an employee wasn't a good look, and he proved that by hisactions last week.

frown.gif
don't do it GOoDell don't kick Pac out the league please.

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Double J's its not unfair to punish Pacman, its unfair to not allow himself to treat his real problem. It's a problem for many people but the NFL is such a rich company that it should not be out of the realm to allow him to at least go to a rehabilitation facility before you completely blackball him

But this is just giving him ANOTHER chance. He has lost any credibility with the NFL as far as I'm concerned. Look at the job you have. If you constantly screwed up over, and over, and over...would you really expect them to bend over backwards and be sympathetic to your immaturity? No, they would most likely fire you after the first incident. Pacman was lucky to be in the position he was during this season. Look at guys in other leagues like Roy Tarpley, Steve Howe, etc etc....they had their chances and blew it. I think it would be safe to say that Pacman may have had more chances than both Tarp and Howe combined. You can only help someone who wants to be helped. I mean, Pac had Deion and Michael Irvin as a mentors and still found a way to mess up. If anyone knows how to make the most out of a 2nd chance, it's these guys. Again, he had more chances than both Irvin and Deion. Dude has ignored good advice and chose to do things his own way. The NFL does not need Pacman, nor do they owe anything to him as far as rehabilitation. They have done enough for him, and in turn have been made to look like a fool by Pacman.

Im seeing this and I understand it, but Michael had his problem identified, Deion had his problem identified. The law enforcement did that. I knew Pacman had a problem with the nightlife but did you ever hear about an alcohol problem ? That whole year he was out did we hear about pacman going into a rehabilitation facility. We heard about problems with police officers,and problems with strip clubs. The county where his probation was didnt mandate he go to rehab. The NFL punished Adam because he had a bad mix of people around him and it caused problems. Do you think Michael Irvin knew he had an alcohol problem? If society wants to improve itsself it should not allow people period to be cast aside. Doing that creates more crime which creates more problems. The NFL as violent and cutthroat a league as it is needs to set an example.
I hear what you're saying, and I do agree to an extent....as far as alcohol/drug addictions, doesn't the NFL keep things under wraps as far as who is in their treatment programs? If I remember correctly, Terry Glenn had a 4 game suspension a few years back for violating some NFL policy...but when it was reported, it came out that he had failed numerous tests over the years....I'm not making excuses, but I am sure that the NFL/Cowboys knew what they were getting when Pacman was reinstated. I think Jerry Jones had a stipulation about Pacman drinking in his new contract. That tells me that he at least had some idea of Pac's problems. I think you can set an example for a player who shows good intention of trying to do right. We all make mistakes but when is enough, enough? The league is cutthroat, but it is also a business. Having Pacman as an employee wasn't a good look, and he proved that by his actions last week.

Yes, I am working on assumptions. In an ideal world though I would hope that if he got cut he went into treatment and could at least get a tryout in a year orso. Because if pacman can and does change it should only come down to if he can play. I keep thinking of this dude Koren Robinson and how he was allowed tocome back and has thus far demonstrated that he has recovered. And as far as what has legally transpired Koren was convcted of much worse. People have beenstating that he has been underwelming so far but to me its incredible that he was able to play at the level he did. As far as at corner he was better than hehad ever been imo. He was playing solid and not allowing the huge play which is what zone coverage really is. at Punt Returner I think that that group aroundhim isnt very good. There is a reason that Newman really didnt work out at returner. And at K state he was a stud doing that.

Because PacMan hasn't been very good at all... It's got nothing to do with liking him or not liking him... If you're gonna be this much of a headache, you damn well better do more than carry your weight on the football field. Adam wasn't doing that. He was average. Average players with that much baggage don't deserve more than one chance...
Exactly. I simply don't understand why the Cowboys and media go through this much trouble for an average CB. Again, this isn't his firstoffense, Roger put the rules out there pretty straight-forward, and Pacman "Adam" broke them (again). Jones can't be surprised.

Originally Posted by dmxfury

Because PacMan hasn't been very good at all... It's got nothing to do with liking him or not liking him... If you're gonna be this much of a headache, you damn well better do more than carry your weight on the football field. Adam wasn't doing that. He was average. Average players with that much baggage don't deserve more than one chance...
Exactly. I simply don't understand why the Cowboys and media go through this much trouble for an average CB. Again, this isn't his first offense, Roger put the rules out there pretty straight-forward, and Pacman "Adam" broke them (again). Jones can't be surprised.

^ So in an adjustment to a new scheme and after not playing for a year and a half he was supposed to come out and be a stud huh. Even though he was a starterreally out of camp and was the teams best option at CB.

I have to wonder, if during the altercation, was he wearing this...

n52100573_31035392_8082.jpg

and how is it that homeboy knows all these celebrities? Dude was chillin with Luda prior to the altercation, made it 'rain' with Nelly, on thesidelines with King James and I think he got a shot with Hov...or maybe that was Jerry
laugh.gif

i have a feeling if pacman was being suspended from your team, many of you would be singing a different tune

goodell is a bama forreal ... tell me how many crimes pacs been convicted of ... ... ... *@%+ is dumb

^ I'm sayin tho...how many times has he actually been prosecuted? No way in hell he deserves this. In the eyes of the law, adampacmanjones aint done awhole lot wrong thus far...all this is based on speculation and unproven facts...thers should be some kind of disciplinary committee made of senior players andowners instead of one man actin as judge, jury and excecutioner. This is some bull$#!+.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I'm almost fully convinced Adam Jones is done in Dallas... Jerry firing the body guards seems like a dead give away... If he was legitimately thinking about bringing Jones back after suspension, why wouldn't the body guards be with him at all hours right now?

I'd be shocked if he's back with the Cowboys, or anybody else, this season.

while i wont argue that pac is done- your reasoning doesnt make much sense- pac fought with the bodyguards...even if he stays he'd have new ones...

Convictions mean nothing. Court rooms are games of chess. If Jones' lawyers are able to plea bargain him off in court does not mean the commish has to dothe same thing. You put yourself in these situations you gotta deal with it really. And Goodell's job is to do what's best for the league's image.

I've always thought Goodell was mad strict but at the same time when it comes to Jones there is no wiggle room at all. The man agrees he wants back in theleague, he agrees to stipulations the commish sets for him, and then 2 months later he breaks them. I think we all could pretty much assume that this pastsummer Jones was on his hands and knees begging for one more chance, Jerry Jones as well. Months went on and Goodell finally said in training camp"I'm letting you back in but you are not trustworthy and have to agree to stop clubbing and stay away from drugs and alcohol or you are goneagain." Pacman and his handlers say "yes, anything you want, he's changed." He then goes and late-night drinks and gets in a scuffle withhis bodyguards after 6 weeks on the job.

That's really what it is all about.

It's not about the headline that Jones was in a scuffle. And it's not about him technically not "breaking the law." It's him continuingto do the opposite of what he is told and the opposite of "I've changed."

IMO he should be thankful it was only 4 games or so.

real talk i forget who it was ... but some dude last year i think was convicted of dui and it was his 3rd offense and he got 2 games .......

Back
Top Bottom