Pacman suspended Indefinitely...ESPN NEWS reports...

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

real talk i forget who it was ... but some dude last year i think was convicted of dui and it was his 3rd offense and he got 2 games .......

I believe you are referring to Jared Allen.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=kan
Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Jared Allen, sanctioned in April for a repeat violation of the NFL's substance abuse policy, has had his four-game suspension reduced to two games as a result of an appeal.

The rare reduction, first reported by the Kansas City Star, was confirmed late Sunday by a league source. The NFL had never publicly announced the suspension, but Allen had admitted to it.

Allen will miss the first two contests of the season, on Sept. 9 at Houston and Sept. 16 at Chicago, instead of the campaign's entire first month. He will be eligible to return to the team on Sept. 17, provided he meets all the conditions of the suspension

Originally Posted by RyGuy45

Convictions mean nothing. Court rooms are games of chess. If Jones' lawyers are able to plea bargain him off in court does not mean the commish has to do the same thing. You put yourself in these situations you gotta deal with it really. And Goodell's job is to do what's best for the league's image.

I've always thought Goodell was mad strict but at the same time when it comes to Jones there is no wiggle room at all. The man agrees he wants back in the league, he agrees to stipulations the commish sets for him, and then 2 months later he breaks them. I think we all could pretty much assume that this past summer Jones was on his hands and knees begging for one more chance, Jerry Jones as well. Months went on and Goodell finally said in training camp "I'm letting you back in but you are not trustworthy and have to agree to stop clubbing and stay away from drugs and alcohol or you are gone again." Pacman and his handlers say "yes, anything you want, he's changed." He then goes and late-night drinks and gets in a scuffle with his bodyguards after 6 weeks on the job.

That's really what it is all about.

It's not about the headline that Jones was in a scuffle. And it's not about him technically not "breaking the law." It's him continuing to do the opposite of what he is told and the opposite of "I've changed."

IMO he should be thankful it was only 4 games or so.
I've gotta agree with this

....and just to ask this question to everyone who doesn't agree with Goodell's suspension, what's your interpretation of the words "zerotolerance?"

as far as Jared Allen or other dudes with multiple offenses, I am sure that their penalties will be MUCH more severe the next time they screw up. I'm notbeing an apologist for Allen or anyone else, but he doesn't have nearly the track record as Pacman when it comes to being arrested. And from what Iunderstand, Allen checked himself in rehab and is sober. He took it upon himself to do right. He knows what's at stake and how fortunate he is to beplaying pro ball.

I guess i'm just stuck on the fact that he keeps getting suspended w/o actually getting in trouble or convicted...

Don't get me wrong though...He's a certified *** clown, but still...

I wonder what's gonna happen to Larry Johnson

Pac is nothing more than a running example made by Goodell; he never had a chance to escape this suspension.

Goodell has built his reputation off of Pac.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Pac is nothing more than a running example made by Goodell; he never had a chance to escape this suspension.

Goodell has built his reputation off of Pac.

i have to disagree with ya bro.

and don't forget about Vick.

I think Jerry is done with this dude ... I would be willing to bet JJ didn't know about this alcohol abuse issiue , cause he's known to take the"trouble-makers" as long as they don't have substance abuse issues .. Pac just outed himself ..

and dre , c'mon man this dude's a grown-#%! man , on a ZERO TOLERANCE policy for his idiot behavior , and what does he do ? gets lit up and breaks amirror in a hotel , and the cops show up ... he had the chance to continue a career in the most desirable profession out there , making millions again .... andhe can't stay away from trouble .. downplay the incident if you want , but in ain't like he couldn't have avoided it.. dude needs to grow up
smh.gif

Well, yeah, Vick was definitely the focal point of Goodell's time as commissioner so far, but it's been time and time (and time) again with Pac.

When I think of Roger Goodell, I think of his suspension policies. He's a judge or a bad parole officer.

vick was convicted of felonies right? this isnt even close to vicks situation ... every single thing they have pac on is speculation ... at MOST the only thingyou can prove is he hangs around the wrong crowd ... its starting to piss me off now

Originally Posted by LilStarZ07

vick was convicted of felonies right? this isnt even close to vicks situation ... every single thing they have pac on is speculation ... at MOST the only thing you can prove is he hangs around the wrong crowd ... its starting to piss me off now

sit down...nobody's comparing it to Vick.

July 13, 2005- Arrested and charged with assault and felony vandalism after a nightclub altercation. This began Pacman Jones NFL rap sheet. Healready had a lengthy one from high school and college.
September 5, 2005- Adam was invited to attend the Nashville Sports Council Kickoff Luncheon. Jones went off on a verbal tirade while beingtold to wait for his car after the event. He then refused to tip the valet service.

October 2005- State of West Virginia filed a petition stating that Jones had not been contacting his probation officer and that he had notreported his July 2005 arrest. The judge extended the probation for just 90 days.

March 23, 2006- Charged with marijuana possession in Fayetteville, Georgia. He went on to claim that he knew how to beat theNFL's drug test.

August 25, 2006- Arrested for disorderly conduct and public intoxication after being ordered by the cops to leave a Murfreesboro night clubseveral times. Jones claimed a woman stole his wallet. The woman claimed that Jones spat on her. The judge in the case gave Pacman six months probation and told him to stay away from the club.

October 26, 2006- Jones was issued a citation for misdemeanor assault after a female student from Tennessee State University claimed thatJones spit in her face at a Nashville night club.

Feburary 19, 2007- The facts are disputed and no charges have been made yet, but Jones was in the middle of a fight and shooting at a stripclub in Las Vegas that left one man paralyzed and two more wounded. The fight broke out after Jones showered strippers on stage with $81,000 dollars.The club owner claims Jones was beating a strippers head against the bar while claiming to kill one of theclub's employees.

January 3, 2008- Pacman is accused of punching Wanda S. Jackson in the face at an Atlanta strip club called the Body Tap Strip Club. Jackson says Jones reached over the counter and sucker punched her in herleft eye.

October 8, 2008- Jones got into an alcohol related incident which turned into a physical confrontation with bodyguards that had beenassigned to him by the Dallas Cowboys.

Such a good man and mediocre football player. I don't understand why Roger Goddell doesn't just let this man suit up. He's like an angel. All ofthe little "Free Pacman" people are very correct in their assumptions, he hasn't done anything to anybody.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

And LOL at comparing him to Vick. You do realize Onterrio Smith was banned from the NFL too, right? He's more along those lines than Vick. I didn'tread anything about Pacman jumping on dogs heads or electrocuting them, just slamming strippers heads and spitting on women. He's a swell individual.

yeah and i just seen my manager wack it in his office ... its all speculation no convictions nothing ... SPECULATION

As much as you all are harping on Goodell, doesn't he have the backing of the player's union on these issues? If it was that big of a deal, there wouldhave been an appeal or two along the way. This is ALL on Pac.

i didnt mean to edit it i meant to add on, let me see if i can remember ... a few people did compare it to vick, so either read posts or continue to curlfootballs you momo individual ...

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As much as you all are harping on Goodell, doesn't he have the backing of the player's union on these issues? If it was that big of a deal, there would have been an appeal or two along the way. This is ALL on Pac.

Exactly.

It's not like Pacman matters anyways, he's like one step above Deltha O'Neal.

Arguing a lost cause man. What does it matter whether he's been convicted or not? He keeps putting himself in these situations and precedence is alreadyset....its a wrap.

i expect a sarcastic response with no substance from you ... you used to be funny back in the day but now youre just corny

Back
Top Bottom