Pacman suspended Indefinitely...ESPN NEWS reports...

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I got a better question though.

Why are the guys on the Cowboys who didnt like Pacman making it seem like Jenkins and that other rookie are going to be better than Pac in a couple weeks.

Pac has been the number 1 corner the majority of the season. When Newman played he got torched, yet I keep hearing that the Boys dont want him back personel wise.
Because PacMan hasn't been very good at all... It's got nothing to do with liking him or not liking him... If you're gonna be thismuch of a headache, you damn well better do more than carry your weight on the football field. Adam wasn't doing that. He was average. Average players withthat much baggage don't deserve more than one chance...

I don't understand why yall keep bringing that up...
laugh.gif
If he was playing at a high level I'd understand, but he wasn't. Not on defense, not onspecial teams...

And Terence Newman played injured. He wasn't healthy last year. He wasn't this year in training camp. He wasn't healthy this year when he steppedon the field, but thought he needed to be out there helping this team win games... Throwing him under the bus for that is ridiculous.

LOL @ him getting shafted. What part of the rules do you and Pacman not comprehend? He's had tons of chances, plus all the accommodations normal, everydaypeople don't ever get, let alone a second chance. He doesn't need help, he's just a low life moron.

man i think goodell is racist even though pacman did mess up this was a little incident. i still dont know why goodell hasnt disciplined matt jones who wascaught with cocaine this summer. its juss wrong

Good, I'm glad Pacman got suspended, He's an idiot and I don't think people like him belong in professional sports.

Originally Posted by ctdaprince

man i think goodell is racist even though pacman did mess up this was a little incident. i still dont know why goodell hasnt disciplined matt jones who was caught with cocaine this summer. its juss wrong

Because the case is still pending until he finishes his drug program. He will be suspended, eventually.

Goodell is not going to discipline anyone until the case is settled. Plus, it was his first time being arrested in the NFL, you're going to compare? Comeon, man.

man i think goodell is racist even though pacman did mess up this was a little incident. i still dont know why goodell hasnt disciplined matt jones who was caught with cocaine this summer. its juss wrong
i know....dude was chopping it up w/ a credit card and didnt get suspended for @@!*....F Goodell

pacman is just a mess, proving its hard to break old habits. In other nfl prison news ESPN.com reports; "Vick's sentence is scheduled to run into thesummer of 2009. ESPN.com's John Clayton previously reported Vick has been working out in prison, has been bench-pressing over 300 pounds and is throwingthe football well."
roll.gif
roll.gif

Stop posting

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I got a better question though.

Why are the guys on the Cowboys who didnt like Pacman making it seem like Jenkins and that other rookie are going to be better than Pac in a couple weeks.

Pac has been the number 1 corner the majority of the season. When Newman played he got torched, yet I keep hearing that the Boys dont want him back personel wise.
Because PacMan hasn't been very good at all... It's got nothing to do with liking him or not liking him... If you're gonna be this much of a headache, you damn well better do more than carry your weight on the football field. Adam wasn't doing that. He was average. Average players with that much baggage don't deserve more than one chance...

I don't understand why yall keep bringing that up...
laugh.gif
If he was playing at a high level I'd understand, but he wasn't. Not on defense, not on special teams...

And Terence Newman played injured. He wasn't healthy last year. He wasn't this year in training camp. He wasn't healthy this year when he stepped on the field, but thought he needed to be out there helping this team win games... Throwing him under the bus for that is ridiculous.

But he was the best corner you got. And the Boys have people on staff who really did not like Pacman. I got another legit question Was this a unprovokedattack? If your only reason for a paycheck is to protect Pacman from trouble, why would you have beef with your paycheck? There are a lot of undiscovered/untold aspects of the relationship. I don't know if you can blame Goodell for being stern but he is without warrant this time because the law enforcementhasn't said or done a thing. The NFL's problem with troubled players has never been a problem except for when law enforcement and or drugs areinvolved. There is also the issue that Matt Jones agreed to a treatment program. Adam refused to recognize a problem with alcohol. See the difference? I reallywish that the NFL would have had him in treatment a year ago. Its really hard to say but if his real problem was never addressed how is he going to function?Alcoholics aren't able to, without treatment to admit they have a problem. That's my argument as a supporter from a far of Pacman. Koren Robinson hasrehabilitated himself ,now that the basis of Pacman's problems have become clear.... Help him out dont just make him sit.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I agree with Portis though, this is didn't deserve a suspension.

fair enough, but what is your interpretation of the words "zero tolerance?"

I agree Zero means Zero but I honestly thought this ment Zero as far as Law enforcement action cause Pacman got in to things while suspended that became nonissues like this one did. That's a non issue now. I think that if Adam goes to treatment and admits he's an alcoholic and gets treatment then hedeserves another chance. I don't think any player should be blackballed. If you have the physical ability and you show that you have matured to an extentyou can get a tryout.... etc. But as far as the personal situation of Adam. Suspend him for 4 games as punishment. Then allow the Boys to put him on IR so thathe will get paid. Because Make him stay in an program for the rest of the season at minimum and if he completes a program where he is initially confined andthen in the real world give him another chance similar to the one he just got. And have him sign a contract stating that if he gets into trouble with alcoholor any other type of trouble that he is knowingly giving up his NFL career. And he will owe the Cowboys the amount of money he got paid while on IR.

Goodell did say today that his reinstatement would partially hinge on Adam finding and receiving treatment...

I agree with Portis though, this is didn't deserve a suspension.

fair enough, but what is your interpretation of the words "zero tolerance?"
Yeah, I'm cosigning what the poster said below you because I also thought it was for law enforcement issues such as unregistered handguns orat least where he was charged with something. This, in my opinion, was one of those incidents that the media as always made bigger than it actually was.Correct me if I'm wrong, but there weren't any charges bought against him in this particular case was there?

But in this zero-tolerance policy, (from my understanding) didn't Pac come up with the rules/stipulations that he was supposed to follow when he wasreinstated? I mean, I believe that he and Goodell worked on these things before he came back, and there was a CLEAR understanding of what Paccould/couldn't do once he was able to play again. For these reasons, I have no issue with the penalty given out. He put himself in a situation (Iwouldn't even say it was bad), but somehow found a way to @++@ things up. Jerry Jones did all he could to protect his investment (low risk), but itdidn't work out. Pacman has let down a bunch of people who maybe believed that he could change his ways. I mean he's 25 years old and can't actlike a grown man. I don't see how anyone can view his punishment as unfair.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Goodell did say today that his reinstatement would partially hinge on Adam finding and receiving treatment...

I think the NFL should take it a step further and mandate an amount of time he needs to be there at minimum. That's why I suggested placing him on IR afterthis punishment. He should be punished. If you have the boys release him and have no incentive to make his life well again he's not going to work at it.Koren Robinson had it hard, there is no reason an entity as wealthy as the NFL can't help a decent talent much less a talent of the caliber of Adam. Itwould be unfair to all parties if after a month Pacman came back and was no better than before. I think the NFL has to recognize that they have made progresswith Pacman and try to continue. Double J's its not unfair to punish Pacman, its unfair to not allow himself to treat his real problem. It's a problemfor many people but the NFL is such a rich company that it should not be out of the realm to allow him to at least go to a rehabilitation facility before youcompletely blackball him

Double J's its not unfair to punish Pacman, its unfair to not allow himself to treat his real problem. It's a problem for many people but the NFL is such a rich company that it should not be out of the realm to allow him to at least go to a rehabilitation facility before you completely blackball him

But this is just giving him ANOTHER chance. He has lost any credibility with the NFL as far as I'm concerned. Look at the job you have. If you constantlyscrewed up over, and over, and over...would you really expect them to bend over backwards and be sympathetic to your immaturity? No, they would most likelyfire you after the first incident. Pacman was lucky to be in the position he was during this season. Look at guys in other leagues like Roy Tarpley, SteveHowe, etc etc....they had their chances and blew it. I think it would be safe to say that Pacman may have had more chances than both Tarp and Howe combined.You can only help someone who wants to be helped. I mean, Pac had Deion and Michael Irvin as a mentors and still found a way to mess up. If anyone knows how tomake the most out of a 2nd chance, it's these guys. Again, he had more chances than both Irvin and Deion. Dude has ignored good advice and chose to dothings his own way. The NFL does not need Pacman, nor do they owe anything to him as far as rehabilitation. They have done enough for him, and in turn havebeen made to look like a fool by Pacman.

Double J's its not unfair to punish Pacman, its unfair to not allow himself to treat his real problem. It's a problem for many people but the NFL is such a rich company that it should not be out of the realm to allow him to at least go to a rehabilitation facility before you completely blackball him

But this is just giving him ANOTHER chance. He has lost any credibility with the NFL as far as I'm concerned. Look at the job you have. If you constantly screwed up over, and over, and over...would you really expect them to bend over backwards and be sympathetic to your immaturity? No, they would most likely fire you after the first incident. Pacman was lucky to be in the position he was during this season. Look at guys in other leagues like Roy Tarpley, Steve Howe, etc etc....they had their chances and blew it. I think it would be safe to say that Pacman may have had more chances than both Tarp and Howe combined. You can only help someone who wants to be helped. I mean, Pac had Deion and Michael Irvin as a mentors and still found a way to mess up. If anyone knows how to make the most out of a 2nd chance, it's these guys. Again, he had more chances than both Irvin and Deion. Dude has ignored good advice and chose to do things his own way. The NFL does not need Pacman, nor do they owe anything to him as far as rehabilitation. They have done enough for him, and in turn have been made to look like a fool by Pacman.

Im seeing this and I understand it, but Michael had his problem identified, Deion had his problem identified. The law enforcement did that. I knew Pacman had aproblem with the nightlife but did you ever hear about an alcohol problem ? That whole year he was out did we hear about pacman going into a rehabilitationfacility. We heard about problems with police officers,and problems with strip clubs. The county where his probation was didnt mandate he go to rehab. The NFLpunished Adam because he had a bad mix of people around him and it caused problems. Do you think Michael Irvin knew he had an alcohol problem? If society wantsto improve itsself it should not allow people period to be cast aside. Doing that creates more crime which creates more problems. The NFL as violent andcutthroat a league as it is needs to set an example.

Back
Top Bottom