Pardon my ignorance...why do people hate Jews?

i dont know but they make good sandwiches. only problem i have with some of them is the israeli's massive sense of entitlement.

wow. i honesty feel pressure in my belly from this question. Cuz me and my friend me being Jewish him being Christian have these talks and right now werefighting about something like this.

the real reason is that people are ignorant and you can see it in this thread. Alot of misconstrued facts that are really opinions. I cant wait till allreligion is disproved.

Originally Posted by ThatDudeChris

wow. i honesty feel pressure in my belly from this question. Cuz me and my friend me being Jewish him being Christian have these talks and right now were fighting about something like this.

the real reason is that people are ignorant and you can see it in this thread. Alot of misconstrued facts that are really opinions. I cant wait till all religion is disproved.

you got a loooong wait chief

Those who claim they are Jews but are not . Doesn't matter anyway. History has been written from a European Anglos saxion point of view... The first jewswere black.

Originally Posted by devildog1776

Those who claim they are Jews but are not . Doesn't matter anyway. History has been written from a European Anglos saxion point of view... The first jews were black.
I didn't know Semites were black.

A lot of Arabs would take offense to that.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by SIRIUS LEE HANDSOME

Originally Posted by Grand Hustle It

Because their scumbag thieve coniving racists cheap and terrorists. Thats why.
Wow, expect to catch a ban for that one.
nah, the mods don't ban for jew hating on NT. I've seen much worse comments than that in worse threads. Hey grand hustle if you feel sostrongly, why don't you strap yourself up with a bomb and buy a one way ticket to israel?

^^ co-sign...

the ignorance people show is ridiculous.. so much hate its not necessary...

9/11 happened you don't go hating all muslims
but israel has done objectionable things to palestinians.. so people hate all jews? yeah that makes tons of sense..

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

^^ co-sign...

the ignorance people show is ridiculous.. so much hate its not necessary...

9/11 happened you don't go hating all muslims
but israel has done objectionable things to palestinians.. so people hate all jews? yeah that makes tons of sense..
grin.gif
Don't act like you didn't pay extra attention tothe guy in the turban on your flight after 911

This thread is suchhh a TRAP...and a few of you suckas are getting caught up...

xaz8eb.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"he's watching..."[/color]

To even reference the Six Days War in the same sentence as the Holocaust is ridiculous. They are two VASTLY different situations.

Anti-Semetism as we know it started after A.D. 70, when the Romans destroyed their Temple and forced Jews to leave Israel. It was that was the turning pointwhen the Jews went from a religio-ethnic group that were mostly farmers who mostly lived in a very small geographic area.During the period, Jews were subjectto various caprices but it was not because they were Jewish but because they lived as small nation and were surrounded by a series of empires whose rise oftentimes included their being conquered.

When the Jews were scattered they were always minorities where ever they were and in many cases, they were barred from owning land and from even being involvedin most trades. The result is that in many places, they survived and in many cases thrived as middlemen minorities. When you are a middleman minority, you areadding a tremendous amount of value to a society by accumulating capital, transferring capital over long distances, storing people's money safely, lendingmoney, making goods available for sale that otherwise would be unavailable in an area and generally making your living largely by satisfying other people'spreferences. In order to do that and to do it better than members of the majority, you have to have great deal of thrift, self discipline, willingness to takecalculated risks, sobriety, reliability, a propensity to work long hours, business partners who can be trusted and great cooperation within your minority groupand with the majority groups whom you serve.

Despite providing a great service and doing it at a lower cost than members of the majority those services were often times taken for granted and aspects of itwere denounced, especially charging interest and the appearance of no actual, physical toil (this is especially pronounced in a society where most people arefarmers and/or petty craftsmen). The need for interest in the lending business, the importance of bearing all of the cost and risks of long reaching and/orcomplex transactions and the value provided by having people in society who consumed less than they produced and therefor had any extra capital to lend. Whiletoday, some (though far from all) people are more sophisticated and appreciate the benefits and understand the reason for the costs associated with banking andother business that are not agriculture or manufacturing, all but a few were able to understand those things.

To add to their woes, the very habits that allowed the Jews to make living in those few occupations, in which they could do so, made them hated and have addedto stereotypes and justification for hatred. The idea that the Jews are cheap is because thrift is needed to accumulate capital for a business. That Jews helpothers Jews is partially because life was so unstable that even after generations of wealth and prosperity, it could all be seized by an indebted prince or anangry mob and they would have to start all over again and in an era before state welfare programs coreligionists were usually the primary source of charity,often times the only sort of social safety net. A parallel invective was hurled at Jews, the belief that they helped each other out and excluded gentiles. Forthe first half of the Middle Ages, most gentiles did not have the types of business to give Jews opportunities to go into business together. More importantly,the local Jewish communities in given place were tiny and even the total Jewish population from Spain to Persia, From Scandinavia to Yemen, was small enoughthat reputations stuck locally and even internationally, amongst those Jews prominent enough to do business of with a size and/or scope that extended beyondtheir own city or region. The fact that they never had to do business with perfect strangers lowered the risks of being victims of fraud and it lowered thecosts of escrows and writing up contracts.

In short Jews were not hated because many of them made money, many never became even moderately prosperous. The reason they are hated is how they made theirmoney and despite doing something that added value (certainly more value was added through their activities than the truly parasitic activities of the Churchand Aristocracy), many in the community believed that their business was superfluous and harmful and that the services that they provided and the attributes todo it at the lowest cost possible were sinister.

The Jewish role as middle men is the most convincing explanation because because similar pattern exists in many places, for many ethnic groups who did the sameeconomic activities as the Jews. The Chinese in South East Asia, the Armenians in the old Ottoman Empire, the Lebanese in West Africa and the Caribbean and theIbos in Nigeria have been hated despite the fact that in many cases other explanation that have been given for anti-semitism, do not apply. Armenians look thesame as the Turks who committed what is considered the first genocide in the 20th Century and killed over a million Armenians. The Buddhist Chinese who liveoutside of China play no sinister role in Islam or Christianity and they are often times doing business with among Buddhist majorities in South East Asia. Middlemen minorities are hated the World over so the reason for antisemitism is because of the economic role they played in the societies where they havelived, been minorities and functioned as middlemen in societies that would have been poorer in their absence.

Originally Posted by Kickmatic23

Originally Posted by SuperAntigen

This thread is suchhh a TRAP...and a few of you suckas are getting caught up...

xaz8eb.jpg

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]"he's watching..."[/color]

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
This is pretty new....to me at least.

Funny that I would come on NT and find this post right after watching Defiance

Originally Posted by DJ bana

the ignorance in this thread is incredible.

More like the ignorance in this thread is abysmal.

The bigotry in here is rampant and blatant.

I've never written this before, but Mods, you should be ashamed of yourselves for not locking this thread and banning multiple members. It was clear fromthe first page that no type of intelligent discussion was going to come from this, just childish comments and misinformation.

even things as simple as "I LOVE JEWS, THEY HAVE SO MUCH MONEY."
smfh.

i hate when people generalize an entire religion, or race & ethnicity at that.

its funny because people in here are serious, too.
people are so blind.

i know there may have been ignorance in this thread, (there ignorance in all the threads) but this was pretty informative.

Back
Top Bottom