Paycheck to Paycheck or WealthBoyz?

Ya'll prepared for the next financial collapse? Anybody saving for rainy days? Anyone here living comfortable and not paycheck to paycheck?

Comfy boys presently. Stacking cases of water, canned goods, batteries, and boxes of ammo. Stretching out the savings account via $5k and $2.5k one year deposit plans plus extra off of stuff I flip.

Got a bunch of seeds on deck. Learning how to farm and clean water.

I'm not ready but I'm not vulnerable either.

It takes 2 incomes nowadays. If she ain’t contributing she holding u back b. I got a coworker who makes 75k in Michigan with good credit but living check to check basically trynna keep giving his wife the lifestyle she wants. Bish a waitress but wanna drive a new whips and carry expensive bags etc.

It takes 2 incomes nowadays. If she ain’t contributing she holding u back b. I got a coworker who makes 75k in Michigan with good credit but living check to check basically trynna keep giving his wife the lifestyle she wants. Bish a waitress but wanna drive a new whips and carry expensive bags etc.
bruh should be living like a king in michigan with that salary
dont tell me detroit

I save about 30k/yr.

If I were disciplined enough I could make it 50k/yr.

Set out a goal, for the next 5years i want to sAve $150-200k

This has been my goal. Honestly the mark is $500k, hustle and save my way to $500k by 40 and I’m retiring to South America/Portugal, or Easter Europe. Don’t care, I’ll sell bananas on the beach and teach English to make a living, but the rest would be backpacking and chilling out, may start a small BnB compound.

I've been living comfortably for a while now, with no need to really check my bank account. In terms of planning for the recession, I pulled a bit of my money out of the market to hold dry powder in case everything goes upside down. Otherwise...*shrug*.

yeah thats why having a good support system
aka grandmas or older siblings to watch the kid
are crucial

While I agree, I think that’s tough because a lot of millennials are moving to find jobs so family may not be an option. He’s not a millennial but an example is my brother. He and his wife live in Phoenix with my niece. Her parents live in NYC and mine in Baltimore and all four work. Granted, the money isn’t an issue for them but it’s certainly a consideration in all of this.

Same with my girl. She can't manage money for ****. Sucks to have to hold it down by default
Full time job, and part time, with side hustles.

Two kids and a non working s/o, we strugglin’. I can’t seem to get her on board with budgeting and less spending on dumb shh. The middle class is WACK, and the American dream issa LIE.
It’s tough NT but keep on pushing. Would love to be the sole provider for my fam while wifey stays home and attends to kids but America caters to single/independent folks who think they **** don’t stink. Like NIP stated, the marathon continues. An opportunity door will open up as long as we don’t break down and give up.

Key is spending less than you earn.

A642389C-44FB-4FCD-9E46-4651A836051F.gif

It’s tough NT but keep on pushing. Would love to be the sole provider for my fam while wifey stays home and attends to kids but America caters to single/independent folks who think they **** don’t stink. Like NIP stated, the marathon continues. An opportunity door will open up as long as we don’t break down and give up.

Word up. I say my s/o, but she’s really the BM and I’m trying to escape my current situation with as little collateral damage as possible. I’m grateful that we haven’t had to put a kid in daycare, but it’s a trade off and sometimes a compromise.

This has been my goal. Honestly the mark is $500k, hustle and save my way to $500k by 40 and I’m retiring to South America/Portugal, or Easter Europe. Don’t care, I’ll sell bananas on the beach and teach English to make a living, but the rest would be backpacking and chilling out, may start a small BnB compound.

With a 401k and a decent job , 500k sounds doable

Paying for my Masters out of pocket is killing me. Would have spent $36,000 - 40,000 when I'm done by the end of the year.
Refusing to live with a roommate also doesn't help.

I would feel very uncomfortable if I was living paycheck to paycheck.

I’m in a good situation where i can save money and have the discipline to follow a budget.

Not everybody has the same chance it must suck to be in that situation.

I would feel very uncomfortable if I was living paycheck to paycheck.

I’m in a good situation where i can save money and have the discipline to follow a budget.

Not everybody has the same chance it must suck to be in that situation.

To think that one missed paycheck can alter your life is stressful

Last edited:
Reactions: jjs
Also for those with kids or expecting , save for your kids future man. Don't allow your kids to have to navigate this world how we did financially. Even saving $50 per check goes a long way down the line. Two checks a month, that's $1200 a year. 21 years that's $25k. And that's without any savings accounts and potential interests. It doesn't take much to save, we just aren't taught to do it.

Also for those with kids or expecting , save for your kids future man. Don't allow your kids to have to navigate this world how we did financially. Even saving $50 per check goes a long way down the line. Two checks a month, that's $1200 a year. 21 years that's $25k. And that's without any savings accounts and potential interests. It doesn't take much to save, we just aren't taught to do it.
not only that
when they turn 13
make them an authorized user on a credit card or 2 of urs
that way when they turn 18
they will have some credit history
and will have a great score
starting off
make sure its a great card with low utilization though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom