LOL @ at some of the replies in this thread, First Born
indifferent.gif

Penny
ohwell.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

Penny Hardaway was that dude
pimp.gif

his popularity in the 90s is pretty much only passed by Lebron n Kobes during 00s

damn u arthroscopic knee surgery!!
Pretty much!

Still my favorite player of all time!

Penny is a memphis legend.....I remember when he and otha local hoopers like todd day and david vaughn (played @ memphis state w/penny), etc used 2 come 2 my high school to hoop....as a memphian, I followed penny from treadwell high to memphis state (coach larry finch) 2 the draft day trade, etc. Nowhere near as good as jordan, but penny in his "short" prime was da truth.

OP seriously must be like 12 years old.

Since NT has no age restrictions.

Last edited:
It's funny how Penny is praised here but then you have a guy like Lebron with a similar skill set minus a reliable jumper whose numbers blow Penny's out of the water but people are quick to hate on him.

what you gotta remember is alot of us were kids...unbias kids, with Lebron now those kids are adults so hate and bias will be included.

I'm an old bball head, and watching Penny play ....there really isn't anyone in the nba now that reminds me of him.  The only 1 in the past few years that reminded me of him was Shaun Livingston.  Don't get me wrong, Shaun was never on that level (duh!), but peep the skills of Shaun Livingston as a 2nd year player and you can see something special in him.... 6'8, handles, vision, flash, plays d, and clutch

Can anybody recommend games that would show what Penny was all about?

Look at Shaq and Penny's body language and peep what he says about "change." It's clear that Shaq screwed Penny over, and even himself and that whole Magic team. They really were special.

KEVIN DURANT and RUSSELL WESTBROOK will have a hard time replacing Penny Hardaway as my favorite player. That dude was the truth and was about the only counter to Michael at the time.

:stoneface:

Shaq messed up. He could have had Bill Russell numbers. Penny was on a Magic Johnson level. :smh:

Last edited:
Penny Hardaway = The reason I'm on NT/love Nikes. He was my favorite player growing up and Nike's ad campaign for Penny > *

The whole set-up :smokin

Last edited:

Never get tired of seeing this lol.

He had some interesting moves and playing style. A perfect example of the 90's uptempo, ball-hard style. Everything you wanted in a basketball player or team mate.

For me, after Penny's career was a wrap, then it was Kobe. Now it's all KD + Russ. Straight ballers. :smokin

PENNY WAS A FIRST CLASS PLAYER IN HIS PRIME.. HE WAS AS TALL AS ANY SG/MOST SF'S  WITH BETTER HANDLES THAN MOST PGS IN THE LEAGUE. HE HAND CRAZY MOVES FOR A DUDE HIS SIZE. HIS PASSING WAS FIRST CLASS AND HIS JUMPER WAS WET.. HIS FOOTWORK TO ME IS WHAT SEPARATED HIM FROM THE REST OF THE NBA.

Lol never forget how pumped I was when Starbury and penny ame to the knicks I swore penny was gunna revive his career lol yea man shaq destroyed that team for leaving for the lakers he should have stayed

Penny was that dude when I was in middle school. MJ was retired and he had the torch, then MJ came back and put the flame out. Shaq left, he got injured and was never the same......

Back
Top Bottom