PENNY Hardaway---- I DID NOT KNOW...

^^^ Cause people think Penny is overrated or that Penny was made by the shoes and all this BS. Plain and Simple He was a beast. Dude had the complete game.Inside, outside, passing skills, pull ups, Vision like a Magic or Kidd. Dude was unstoppable IN HIS SHORT prime. He is still on of the only players that wouldscore at will when MONEY or PIP were guarding him. Money and PiP were defensive all Nba players.

Injuries Kills his career. Otherwise dude is a HOF with a couple of Rings IMO.

Penny was good. Grant Hill was better. Both suffered injuries and surgeries and couldn't recover their all star forms. But man, Grant Hill was something inhis first seven years. First person Jordan claimed to be the next heir apparent. Even outvoted Jordan on the all star votes while Jordan was in his prime.

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Originally Posted by enyceking

im 25. back in the day penny>jordan for me. and i started playing basketball in 92 because of jordan so thats saying somthin.

till this day penny has dropped some dimes that i have yet to see from another pro

d9935b6448c67aab636eb451f4e8cb84967dfbf.gif
What the hell is wrong with you people? I guess opinions don't matter on NT.

The dude CLEARLY said for me, and people are criticizing him.

Everyones opinion is for them genius
grin.gif
So what are you criticizing him for?

Because that opinion gets the Prince treatment captain save a %$$.

That was cute.

Originally Posted by TheYoungestGun

yeah tmac when he was in orlando... tmac that plays in houston is a bum... looks like he took being like penny a little too serious... with the microfracture surgery

Hahahaha. Yeah I'm 19 too and I still remember myself choosing penny over Jordan everytime when I was younger.

who's saying i'm 19?? anyways, penny was amazing during his healthy years, and above average when injured, but no way he was better than jordan ever...but even mj gave penny credit for the player that he was..
oy
but yeah grant hill was also a beast... happy to see him play at high level again... sometimes you see glimpses of his piston days... he was the complete allaround player

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

^^^ Cause people think Penny is overrated or that Penny was made by the shoes and all this BS. Plain and Simple He was a beast. Dude had the complete game. Inside, outside, passing skills, pull ups, Vision like a Magic or Kidd. Dude was unstoppable IN HIS SHORT prime. He is still on of the only players that would score at will when MONEY or PIP were guarding him. Money and PiP were defensive all Nba players.

We aint talking about Penny the way we do if he didnt have some hot shoes. Yes he was an elite player but he did it way shorter than every other great playerfrom that era.

Clyde Drexler,Kevin Johnson,Mark Price,Bernard King,Mitch Richmond made multiple All NBA times and we never talk about them EVER

By the posts I see on Niketalk, y'all dudes act like its

Jordan
Kobe
Penny
laugh.gif

I used to love penny but from the way some of you are talkin about him in this thread even I'll say he's overrated. He was nice but I don't thinkhe was as great as some of you are makin him out to be. And grant hill was my favorite young player from back then.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

^^^ Cause people think Penny is overrated or that Penny was made by the shoes and all this BS. Plain and Simple He was a beast. Dude had the complete game. Inside, outside, passing skills, pull ups, Vision like a Magic or Kidd. Dude was unstoppable IN HIS SHORT prime. He is still on of the only players that would score at will when MONEY or PIP were guarding him. Money and PiP were defensive all Nba players.

We aint talking about Penny the way we do if he didnt have some hot shoes. Yes he was an elite player but he did it way shorter than every other great player from that era.

Clyde Drexler,Kevin Johnson,Mark Price,Bernard King,Mitch Richmond made multiple All NBA times and we never talk about them EVER

Jordan
Kobe
Penny
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

We aint talking about Penny the way we do if he didnt have some hot shoes. Yes he was an elite player but he did it way shorter than every other great player from that era.

Jordan
Kobe
Penny
laugh.gif
None of those people were as exciting to watch as Penny though. The fact that Penny had his career taken from him so quickly from him has alot todo with people loving him so much. Shoes has nothing to do with it. I know plenty of people who don't know +!@* about shoes and there all time favorite isPenny. Back then you had Jordan fans and you had Penny fans. His prime being so short doesn't take away from the fact that he was an absolute beast. But itdoes add to that when someone with such potential has it taken away people are sort of left wondering. A few take it to the extreme though. I heard some onesay Jay Williams was the best pg of all time.

Originally Posted by PRETTYPLAYA

first of all, we can say tracy mcgrady during his orlando days was the reincarcerated and better version of penny at his finest.

after penny's hype disappeared, NBA was looking for the next penny.

and then tracy got drafted by the raptors after finishing his highschool.

ever since then, tracy had a huge fanbase b/c of his similiarity of penny which brought old memories of him. they both wore number one.

so you better be watching tracy hightlights and be impressed.
roll.gif

That had me, but good point - Tracy's similarities to Penny probably add to his hype. That, and he was just
pimp.gif
in Orlando.

It's funny how Penny is praised here but then you have a guy like Lebron with a similar skill set minus a reliable jumper whose numbers blow Penny's out of the water but people are quick to hate on him.

penny was unlike any one player in the L today he was a combination of dwade,bron,kevin durant and rondo. his career was not that great at all,but his skill level the few years he was healthy was second to none.There has never been a player that early in his career with the skill set he had.

Originally Posted by doctorshoes

It's funny how Penny is praised here but then you have a guy like Lebron with a similar skill set minus a reliable jumper whose numbers blow Penny's out of the water but people are quick to hate on him.
co sign
tired.gif

Penny Hardaway was that dude
pimp.gif

his popularity in the 90s is pretty much only passed by Lebron n Kobes during 00s

damn u arthroscopic knee surgery!!

Not a bigger Penny or Magic fan than me. Through the thick and thin. getting to 2 finals to number 1 picks. brian hill to doc rivers to stan van gundy.

Still my favorite player in basketball of all time.

He was a great player, best post up game for a POINT GUARD in his era. Range on his jump shot with jumping ability. Players in the 90s where defense and hard fouls were common. When flagrant fouls were really fragrant fouls. Unbelievable competition night in and night out. I believe basketball is getting back to that state with bron wade and durant but please let the people play. Hard fouls are a rarity nowadays.

Back to penny, Overrated probably. Definitely on NT and other sneaker forums for obvious reasons. But ask someone about Penny who isnt into sneakers. He is a forgotten player. A player who is more known of his days after injury than before it.

Couple of first team all nba's, all star regular, and to me his great accomplishment of a GOLD medal.

Yea he's overrated but no denying his state in the game while healthy.

I think Penny was one of Michael's favorite players too. He was on the US Olympic team before its demise and rise.

Back
Top Bottom