Petyon Manning will go down as the GOAT

Originally Posted by BIG SIPPIN SPENDIN CHEESE

Originally Posted by Deuce King

so if brady wins two more hes not the goat,hands down?
Nope, not even.

your crazy if you're saying that brady can retire wit 5 rings and not be the goat

or youre just a joe montana stan

Montana has 4 rings and hes not in your top five BSSC.  Whats the difference?  

your crazy if you're saying that brady can retire wit 5 rings and not be the goat

You put Bradshaw in as a Top 5 quarterback but you have the audacity to call me crazy.....
laugh.gif
, nice try though.  Although Brady is a great QB he could never go to as the GOAT for various reasons.  We can lead off with the camera scandal for starters. 

funny thing is 3 years ago people said peyton will never win a ring and if he ever wins even 1 ring hes the goat. well hes got one ring and has been dominant throughout his entire career. how can he not be the greatest?
people made the same argument with marino... if he had a ring hes the goat...

wow @ one of the reasons being the camera scandal

thats the dumbest argument ever

ultimate reach
Yeah, cause blatant cheating doesn't or wouldn't help a team from winning of course.  Are you for real??  Lucky for you the season is over, cause your statements would most certainly be added to the weekly QOTW section in the NFL Week In Review Thread.  Keep this up however, and we might just have to make an exception and use your most recent quotes for next year, the decision is yours.

wow @ one of the reasons being the camera scandal

thats the dumbest argument ever

ultimate reach

Steroids are keeping players out of the Baseball HOF and they're throwing around asterisks left and right. Cheating is cheating. I view Brady as a top-5 QB regardless, but I can see why people use Spygate against him. /kanyeshrug

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

funny thing is 3 years ago people who don't know much about football (myself included) said peyton will never win a ring and if he ever wins even 1 ring, he's the goat. Clearly people who said that are completely clueless, but well he's got one ring and has been dominant throughout his entire career. how can he not be the greatest?
Fixed

How do we determine best QB ever? Not being sarcastic, I'm just wondering, what do you guys factor in?

Because personally, I'd like to see how the next 5 years pan out before I start handing anyone the plaque.

we don't determine it, it's subjective. we just state who we think is best and argue about it. it's fun...makes the day go by
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

we don't determine it, it's subjective. we just state who we think is best and argue about it. it's fun...makes the day go by
laugh.gif
Well in that case.
Bobby Hebert. If for nothing else, his radio show.

I've been workin on some QB stuff for a while now, at some point I may start up a complete QB thread and go thru some stuff similar to that one at the start of the year, but this one more so for All time QB's, not just current QB's.  Need to get all my info gathered though. 

How do we determine best QB ever? Not being sarcastic, I'm just wondering, what do you guys factor in?
We don't. As deadset said it's all in fun. It's an interesting question though.

The eras are different. The rules are different. The game has changed into a QB-friendly sport because QB's succeeding translates into more fan interest and more $$$. Today's players do not need to apologize for that though.

But you see old-timers say all the time they would kill to be able to play in today's game.

I do think that it is harder and harder to judge stats, I mean the NFL has made it near
impossible for DBs to cover WRs, so much easier to throw now

Originally Posted by DeadsetAce

CP...wheres out HOF baseball thread?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

I have it tagged under MLB, but it was getting harder and harder to bring in voters each day.  I was waiting for it to get bumped last week but it never came back, so I just didn't want to force it anymore.  It's updated and all that, just didn't want to push it without interest is all. 

I agree, dmx. Just look at these stats from this year alone:
Matt Schaub - 4770, 29 & 15

Peyton Manning - 4500, 33 & 16

Tony Romo - 4483, 26 & 9

Aaron Rodgers - 4434, 30 & 7

Tom Brady - 4398, 28 & 13

Drew Brees - 4388, 34 & 11

Ben Roethlisberger - 4328, 26 & 12

Philip Rivers - 4254, 28 & 9

Brett Favre - 4202, 33 & 7

Eli Manning - 4021, 27 & 14

10 QB's with at least 4000 yards and 26 TD passes. 10 QB's with at least a 93.1 QB rating. 
sick.gif

Not taking anything away from Mr. Manning, but there were a LOT of QBs who had similar stats to what he did this year. Chris Johnson, on the other hand, completely obliterated everyone in yards from scrimmage. *shrugs*

Originally Posted by Chester the Cheetah

Not taking anything away from Mr. Manning, but there were a LOT of QBs who had similar stats to what he did this year. Chris Johnson, on the other hand, completely obliterated everyone in yards from scrimmage. *shrugs*
What is there to shrug about?  He played on a .500 team.  He got his due with OPOY.

Originally Posted by isu42

What is there to shrug about?  He played on a .500 team.  He got his due with OPOY.

I love Cj and think he is the best running back in the NFL, but I would have a hard time arguing that he is even the MVP of his own team.

Originally Posted by CP1708

I've been workin on some QB stuff for a while now, at some point I may start up a complete QB thread and go thru some stuff similar to that one at the start of the year, but this one more so for All time QB's, not just current QB's.  Need to get all my info gathered though. 
Doooo it. That would be a very fun, yet heated debate. 
Btw, it's ridiculous to try and rank the best QB's all-time. The criteria that people use to consider QB's as their greats is all different. Be it stats, or championships, supporting cast, etc. It's all frivolous in the eyes of the other person usually. Great is great. And Peyton is great. Let it be.

I agree, dmx. Just look at these stats from this year alone:
Matt Schaub - 4770, 29 & 15

Peyton Manning - 4500, 33 & 16

Tony Romo - 4483, 26 & 9

Aaron Rodgers - 4434, 30 & 7

Tom Brady - 4398, 28 & 13

Drew Brees - 4388, 34 & 11

Ben Roethlisberger - 4328, 26 & 12

Philip Rivers - 4254, 28 & 9

Brett Favre - 4202, 33 & 7

Eli Manning - 4021, 27 & 14

10 QB's with at least 4000 yards and 26 TD passes. 10 QB's with at least a 93.1 QB rating. 
sick.gif

Yep 4000 yd passing seasons arent what they used to be. For the NFL all time single season passing yard seasons 12 of the top 20 are in the 2000s and in the top 20 all time QB rating list only 3 players didnt play a majority of their career in the 2000s. Aaron Rodgers in number 1 andTony Romo is 4th all time
sick.gif

Peyton has never been a big game QB. Never beat Florida in college. His playoffs numbers are subpar if not brutal. The guy is too stoic. He has no killer instinct or passion. I agree, he's probably the most cerebral guy to ever grace the field but let's be real here. The underachieves. The colts barely got by the Bears in 2006. And, Domic Rhodes should have won MVP. Not Peyton.

Back
Top Bottom