Peyton Manning released by Colts. He signed with the Broncos, really? Is Tebowmania dead?

This thread will be the one we pull 6-7 months from now; and there will be some that will be laughing - and some will be laughed at...

..only time will tell who will be right and wrong in this thread.       

NIIIIIIIICEE I made 3 signatures in the last 2 years
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
 with my 'absurd' claims..

Posted this in the off season thread. Part of what makes Peyton so successful is that he's meticulous & super prepared. He will not go to any team with shakey offensive lines especially with his neck so you can rule out the deadskins, the bmore ratbirds, the jets, & the cardinals. Each of these teams had problems through out the year on offense that can be directly tied to thier offensive lines.

Also, the Manning family wouldn't Eli go to the Chargers because they percieved them as an unstable org. Being that the Cowboys have a loud mouth owner in Jones & the jets having that loud mouth coach, do you really think Peytone would go to either of those teams?

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by SneakerHeathen

Alright but you're acting as if guys like Andy Dalton and Cam Newton (who was a loser last season, not individually, as far as team goes) grow on trees. It's not like the 9ers can just go ahead and gamble on Manning and hope that a talent like Dalton or Newton or even freaking Sam Bradford falls into their lap. 
Again Alex Smith has been a 9er for a while, all of the sudden Harbaugh takes the reins and he's suddenly a decent qb. That says something, there's still promise there and honestly if you've invested in a guy as long as the 9ers have been then it would be absolutely pointless to jump ship after he finally shows up. Dude nearly took his team to the Superbowl and honestly, them boys would've put it ON the Patriots. Brady would've been rolling around in the dirt all night 
laugh.gif
. Alex Smith would've actually made mince meat out of that Patriot defense hitting Vernon Davis all game long, but I digress....

And reading comprehension is a virtue my man, I said "potentially" running on fumes. For every report we've had of him improving we've had reports of an unreported surgery, the possibility of him needing another surgery, his arm being referred to as a "wet-noodle" (which you yourself pointed out) and so on. Really we don't know what we have as far as Manning at the moment, that's my point. I'm not saying he's done, I'm saying he might be. That's the reason why people are a bit apprehensive and why we've seen organizations like the 9ers not wanting to take the chance. 

Honestly... Reading comprehension be damned there hasn't been a report in the last month that has said he needed any additional surgery... As far as his Arm strength all of the reports that have come out since he's pubicaly went on record combating Irsay have all been positive increasingly so each and every time he's showcased it.  With the latest leaving people saying that he's Peyton.  So to even say "potentially running on fumes" makes no sense.

Please stop saying he nearly took his team to the Superbowl... That Defense Took Them There... That Defense Turned N.O over 5x... That Defense held the Giants to 85 rushing yards... That Defense held The Giants to 17pts in  regulation.  He Wasn't The Reason The 9ers Were There.  Furthermore had they had a slightly above average they would've been in the bowl. Had he completed just 2 of those 3rd downs they're in the superbowl... Do you see how crazy that is... if he goes 3/13 on 3rd down they win that game.

As for hoping QB's just fall in their laps... Andy Dalton went in the
2nd round... Taylor Yates went in the 5th... Kolb went in the 2nd
round... Cassell in 7th round... The point I'm making is that these are
QB's that are either equal or better performers than Alex Smith who was
drafted #1 overall over Aaron Rodgers. Yet you're making a case that after he's worth sticking with after having a average yr for lower middle teir QBs for the first time in 7yrs, instead of taking a chance on a 1st ballot HOFer who has been medically cleared. Not to mention he never suffered any Arm or leg injuries... It took him 7yrs to go from horrible to below average and this is the person you're willing to give your Superbowl window to?!?!? I don't quite understand this logic.

I mean come on man, are you serious right now? Manning is Manning? How do we know? I mean when we get some footage of him (actually him) throwing the ball, taking part in full practice, etc then I'm on board. But until then I totally understand why some franchises are apprehensive about going all in. 
ohwell.gif

BTW aside from obviously Dalton who is a beast, none of those QBs you mentioned can come in and win a title for any organization, not even the 9ers. As stacked as the 9ers are their window of time to win a Superbowl will only be open for 4 or 5 years. You're going to take 2 of those years to gamble on a potentially injury prone QB? Then if it doesn't work out you're going to take however many years it would take to draft a decent QB and cultivate him into a competent QB? By then guys like Justin Smith, Vernon Davis, Carlos Rodgers, Patrick Willis etc might be long gone or old.

They have time but that doesn't mean they have all the time in the world.

There is footage of him throwing the ball but alright.

You're vastly over-valuing Smith if you feel that he can get them to a Superbowl but a healthy Cassel or Kolb couldn't.  All they have to do is manage the game and not turn the ball over.  We've seen evidence that each of them can do so if surrounded by talent.  Cassell had a few people questioning just how good Brady was after he was able to take that Patriots squad to the playoffs in his absence & Kolb looked good once upon a time in Philly.

My point being the league is full of QB's better than Alex Smith and QB's come in just as good if not better than him all the time.  The opportunity to get a Peyton Manning comes along once in a blue moon.  You don't say oh nah I have an Alex Smith I'm Good... You take that opportunity.

Matt Cassel never took the Patriots to the playoffs.

And I hope Peyton is good to go but if four neck surgeries though? It's questionable.

Alex Smith sucks though
laugh.gif

Just to get the record straight because it seems as if people love to take %%## out of context;

Let me reiterate; I said in the 49ers situation - Alex Smith > Peyton Manning right now.

Now carry on experts..

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

F the Colts, F Jim Irsay and F that soon to be bum Andrew Luck.

I'm officially looking for a new team. Hopefully Peyton comes to the Phins so I can go to a game.

soooo nobody read this
roll.gif
this bandwagon bum

We read it and just kept it moving. Nobody even takes him serious
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by psk2310

He will not go to any team with shakey offensive lines especially with his neck so you can rule out the deadskins, the bmore ratbirds, the jets, & the cardinals. Each of these teams had problems through out the year on offense that can be directly tied to thier offensive lines.

Not completely disagreeing with you, but on the same token, Peyton wasn'd made in Indy completely by his offensive line. He most definitely played a big part in making them look good as well. His understanding of the game and his pre snap reads, audibles, and all of that jazz could easily make Arizona's O-line look much much better than it did under Kolb, who is always indecisive.

Tomlinson: Sanchez Wouldn't Backup Manning
NFL.com - 03/08 - 9:50 AM EST

The Jets are said to be interested in Peyton Manning, which LaDainian Tomlinson believes could spell the end for Mark Sanchez in New York.

Tomlinson believes that if the Jets signed Manning, Sanchez would ask to be released.

"In my opinion, I don't know if he'd handle it well," Tomlinson said.

"I think he'd probably go in and maybe ask to be released. Rightfully so, he would be a little mad. That's all a part of it. At the same time, if he could grow up a little bit and try to learn from somebody like Peyton Manning, then maybe in a couple years, if they did decide to go with Manning, he could learn from that and then also be the (starter) again."

Read more: http://football.realgm.co...c_wiretap/#ixzz1oYNTJjdY

Wayne Could See Going To Miami With Manning
NFL.com - 03/08 - 9:46 AM EST
Reggie Wayne is open to following Peyton Manning to Miami as both longtime Colts test this free agency this offseason.

"I could see it," Wayne told WQAM-AM radio in Miami.

"I'm definitely not opposed to it, you know? He's a great worker, and I consider myself a great worker. And when you put great workers together, good things happen. Me being in his trail going to Miami? I would love it. I would definitely love it. I am totally available. My phone is working. Make sure you put that out there, my phone is working. I paid my bills ahead of time, just so we have no problems. So I am ready for anything that comes right now."

Read more: http://football.realgm.co...c_wiretap/#ixzz1oYOD7Ec3

Dolphins Focused On Peyton, Not Yet Targeting Flynn
NFL.com - 03/08 - 9:39 AM EST
The Dolphins are so focused on potentially signing Peyton Manning that they haven't yet targeted fellow free-agent quarterback Matt Flynn.

Flynn played under new Miami head coach Joe Philbin in Green Bay.

Read more: http://football.realgm.co...c_wiretap/#ixzz1oYOHBVs3

Peyton Hopes To Pick Team Within Week
Adam Schefter/ESPN.com - 03/08 - 9:33 AM EST
Peyton Manning hopes to remain in the AFC as he aims to pick a new team within a week, according to sources.

The quarterback was released by the Colts on Wednesday and immediately hit the free agent market. It has been reported that 12 teams have contacted Manning.

Read more: http://football.realgm.co...c_wiretap/#ixzz1oYOLRWgd

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by psk2310

He will not go to any team with shakey offensive lines especially with his neck so you can rule out the deadskins, the bmore ratbirds, the jets, & the cardinals. Each of these teams had problems through out the year on offense that can be directly tied to thier offensive lines.

Not completely disagreeing with you, but on the same token, Peyton wasn'd made in Indy completely by his offensive line. He most definitely played a big part in making them look good as well. His understanding of the game and his pre snap reads, audibles, and all of that jazz could easily make Arizona's O-line look much much better than it did under Kolb, who is always indecisive.

I agree with everything you said. I'll also add that Peyton has the fastest release of any QB out there too but with him entering the twilight of his career & his neck, you can rule out any team with the shakey o-lines, Zona included. They struggled a with pass protection one week, then run support the next. Plus don't they have a starter that's un unrestricted free agent they might not be able to sign back?

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

sanchez is a bum
As much as I hate rex ryan, I think Sanchez is ok. Most of the Jet offense problems can be attributed to that o-line, Brick & Mangold included. They couldn't even get thier run game going. If Sanchez wasn't getting sacked, he was certainly batted around or pressured a ton. Can't wait to watch them implode again this season.

Miami or Arizona. Everyone else is seeming like a long shot.

Houston, Baltimore and San Francisco don't want him. The only other team outside of those three that's done anything in the playoffs the last few years and desperately needs him in order to win a Super Bowl is the Jets. Miami can become a legit contender with him but how stable is that organization? Will the new head coach want to take a long term chance with a guy he knows how to use (Flynn) or concede his offense to the future hall of famer knowing in 3 years he'll have to start all over? Arizona has a great dome, a receiver and an easily conquerable division. Will that be enough? The biggest knock against the Jets is that their coach and players are too talkative. They've got one noticably bad offensive tackle in Wayne Hunter as well. Manning said he's going to make a decision within the week, which to me means he already knows where he wants to go. Next season is going to be crazy.

Manning is smart not wanting to go to the Skins. Not only do they have no help for him on offense but he would play in the NFC East with Eli and that would be a distraction and side show EVERY. SNGLE. GAME.

Go to Miami, or Arizona or Seattle, far away from Brother Eli and the division he plays in.

I'm not just saying this because I am a Dolphin's fan, but I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in Miami. Just makes too much sense.

From @Russellmania980 on ESPN: "From what I'm hearing...Manning's camp made it pretty clear to #******** that he doesn't want to come here."

I'm glad to hear that.  Manning deserves better than to play for and with the ********. 

Sounds like Peyton is Miami's to lose if he really wants to stay in the AFC

Originally Posted by Deuce King

From @Russellmania980 on ESPN: "From what I'm hearing...Manning's camp made it pretty clear to #******** that he doesn't want to come here."

I'm glad to hear that.  Manning deserves better than to play for and with the ********. 
fb83523a435b7376ec746e0b9b1c7ce998c19be_r.gif

Originally Posted by dadecounty11

I'm not just saying this because I am a Dolphin's fan, but I would be surprised if he doesn't end up in Miami. Just makes too much sense.
Indeed. 

Home in Miami
Wayne played at Miami
#1 WR
Solid slot receiver
Franchise LT shares the same agent
Cap room
All 7 draft picks, including a top 10
Solid defense

We have everything in our favor, only way we could mess this up is letting Ireland ask questions about his mom.  Let's hope we learned from that. 
laugh.gif

It kinda looks like it's going to be Miami doesn't it? It sounds like Wayne is coming too so if both sign there, can you imagine Wayne on one side & Marshall on the other. They got a decent TE & Bush too. Daaaam...Watch it be some other team though....Ross might have a heart attack if that happens. LOL.

This. 
Man I really hope they doesn't screw it up

i dont know why people thought he would go to the ********....you know he didnt want to play his brother twice a year...its not happening...

Originally Posted by miamin2

This. 
Man I really hope they doesn't screw it up

word a 6-10  team that struggled to find a coach. Why not?

12 teams are interested in Peyton...who are they?

Dolphins, Cardinals, ********, 49ers, Seahawks, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs, Bills, Jaguars, Jets, Vikings? Are those the 12?? that's my guess.

Miami seems to be the fit, I'd support that

Back
Top Bottom