Peyton Manning released by Colts. He signed with the Broncos, really? Is Tebowmania dead?

arizona or DENVER ... really P ... what do u see in denver ... why go to TEBOW COUNTRY ...

i don't understand denver at all ... kansas city is soooooooo much better than denver

I just want to say Congrats to the ******** fans and organization - although they gave up WAY too much for 1 player - that one player will be a franchise-changing player for years to come.

I was hardpressed in believing the Browns would steal that #2 to get him - but was not expecting any team to give up THREE 1st rounders for one player. Only problem that creates is the lack of young future players to accomodate RG3 - which was the price that was paid - nonetheless.

Also, the Rams just came up big time. They will be contenders for the next 4-5 years with this draft trade.

damn this mofo won't even pay Seattle a visit
30t6p3b.gif
the seahawks would have a nice squad with manning on the roster...that run game and pass game
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I just want to say Congrats to the ******** fans and organization - although they gave up WAY too much for 1 player - that one player will be a franchise-changing player for years to come.

I was hardpressed in believing the Browns would steal that #2 to get him - but was not expecting any team to give up THREE 1st rounders for one player. Only problem that creates is the lack of young future players to accomodate RG3 - which was the price that was paid - nonetheless.

Also, the Rams just came up big time. They will be contenders for the next 4-5 years with this draft trade.

grin.gif
 Chill. They don't have much at all on that roster as currently stands, Bradford was still a checkdown machine even after they brought in Lloyd, Steven Jackson has been ran into the ground for like 7 straight years, they have an AWFUL offensive line and they haven't exactly drafted well recently so you don't know what those picks will become. The Cardinals and Seahawks are a quarterback away from being pretty good teams and the Niners were just 14-2. This isn't the NFC West of a couple years ago. If you said contender WITHIN the next 4-5 years then I'd maybe agree with that.

Denver or Arizona. I guess he's not interested in playing Brady twice a year.

I don't believe that he's interested in Denver, I really don't. There is nothing appealing about Denver for a big time QB

I dont understand him wanting to go to Denver at all.. Who the hell is he gonna throw to??
laugh.gif

Denver made it to the divisional round of the playoffs with Tebow at quarterback and you guy are seriously wondering why Denver is appealing? I've already mentioned the receiving non-issue and I don't want to keep repeating myself, but Denver is a great spot for Peyton.

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Denver made it to the divisional round of the playoffs with Tebow at quarterback and you guy are seriously wondering why Denver is appealing? I've already mentioned the receiving non-issue and I don't want to keep repeating myself, but Denver is a great spot for Peyton.

yea it is like i said as much backlash as they could get from the thumpers, payton somewhat even healthly is a good look from them. outside miami this is a great squad for him plus he can come in and run his offense.

Originally Posted by LDJ

yea it is like i said as much backlash as they could get from the thumpers, payton somewhat even healthly is a good look from them. outside miami this is a great squad for him plus he can come in and run his offense.

You guys are missing it.

Elway wants to get rid of Tebow and this is the only way he can do it without an angry mob. They are not going to give up on any other young QB (except Tebow) for two years of Peyton Manning.

If the Broncos had Sam Bradford at QB they would not be looking at Peyton Manning.

laugh.gif
Ok? Elway wants to win more than he wants to get rid of Tebow. In fact, he thinks he'd win more and get to the SB with a guy like Peyton Manning so of course he's going to go after him.

I have no idea the pertinence in your second statement. 25 odd teams or so, didn't go after Peyton. The only teams that have are teams that feel they're a Peyton Manning away from getting closer or to acheiving their goals.

Why is Denver not a viable option?  Or rather, a suitable option?
Arizona's offensive line is not better.  The defenses are about on par.  They have the clear and obvious advantage in pass catchers simply because of Fitz but DT has a ton of upside and Decker is the guy he wanted Indianapolis to draft.  I'd probably also give the edge to them with Beanie and Ryan Williams as opposed to Nosho and McGahee but this is the guy who won a ring with Joseph #%@*!!% Addai in the backfield.

J.D. Walton is the worst center in football but Denver has the cap space to address a number of positions that would make Manning's transition a lot smoother (Saturday, Wayne, Clark); Arizona would cut Kolb in order to create sufficient cap space to grab pieces to put around Peyton.

So what's really the deal breaker here?  Weather? 
grin.gif

I'm also not entirely sure that signing Manning punches Tebow's ticket out of town.

The Broncos do not have a title contenting offense even with Peyton Manning. Really pinning their hopes on Eric Decker in his third year and Demaryius Thomas who spends as much time in the training room as on the field? 30+ year old Willis McGahee who has a flash in the pan year cause of Tebow?

This years success was amazing but they overachieved. Denver is really being overrated because of how deep they went into the playoffs last year. They arent any better than the Seahawks were the year before.

I do not think Elway believes the Broncos are a Superbowl contender with just the addition of Peyton Manning and I do not see how anyone else does either.

And they just lost DJ Williams to suspension. They have no safeties. Their defense isnt that good either.

I wonder why Peyton would want to go there more than anything this team is a few years away and by that time he will be almost 40 and it will be time to replace McGahee and Champ. Makes no sense.

Originally Posted by theone2401

Originally Posted by LDJ

You guys are missing it.

Elway wants to get rid of Tebow and this is the only way he can do it without an angry mob. They are not going to give up on any other young QB (except Tebow) for two years of Peyton Manning.

If the Broncos had Sam Bradford at QB they would not be looking at Peyton Manning.

true but i mean it seems as if they arent seeing the forthcumming future. i mean he IS 36 and a injury away from never playing again...but yea i agree tebow isnt gonna cut it long term as far as going all the way

Plus the AFC West is up for grabs. Easier road to the playoffs.

But Arizona has more weapons and better weather
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 35KD

damn this mofo won't even pay Seattle a visit
30t6p3b.gif
the seahawks would have a nice squad with manning on the roster...that run game and pass game
sick.gif

@$## this guy man 
30t6p3b.gif

Our team would be insane with him. Looks like we're in the Flynn sweepstakes now........ 

Back
Top Bottom