*PHILADELPHIA EAGLES* Official 20-21 Regular Season Thread: WEEK 1 EAGLES vs Football Team 1pm ET

It’s context with Jim ..he’s not terrible but his stubbornness costs us games

I know Doug's all about the percentages and that's why Schwartz has probably been able to keep his job. All those costly calls for games gets averaged into all of his other good enough call throughout a game and Doug is probably like, "he's doing great".

Watched the presser and I’m glad Howie basically admitted JJ over DK was a mistake and how they need to go back to the drawing board when evaluating wrs. Also was weird at how vague Doug got when asked about Schwartz as opposed to when they asked about Groh and Walch.

Considering how the younger, hungrier WRs did better than the established vets says more about the vets than the coaches

it’s obvious there was a lot of favoritism for guys who’ve been there longer ie Sproles, Hollins, Agholor etc

back and forth on Groh vs Schwartz leaving. With Groh, at least you have a playmaker in Carson who can win if you surround him with competent receivers. Schwartz has proven to be extremely stubborn is changing his scheme to fit his players and it’s cost us greatly. A new face might be for the good, even if there’s no“better” options than Schwartz

Greg Ward needs to stay. He’s earned it and could really be an Edelman type player.

Get rid of Alshon or drop his snaps. JJ is supposed to be our above the rim guy. Let him show it.

Draft a stud WR and play him immediately. I’m tired of drafting these guys and barely giving them burn

JJ
Ward
Ruggs/Hamler/Higgins
Desean

add a veteran or two. One speedy guy to backup Desean.

They openly admitted to having JJ in the dog house after the Lions drop. Yes he was bad but that’s more on Doug and the staff not giving him snaps especially over Mack ****ing Hollins

Also, this pretty much means Douglas had a large say in Barnett, Sul, Sid, Pump, JJ etc getting drafted. Looks like we probably wouldve drafted DK or Terry if it was up to Howie

just re-listened to it on WIP, I'm glad Howie finally admitted to that sentimental bull**** and said they HAVE to let the young guys play. This is like 3 years too late

also Doug sounded super defensive when asked about his offense and Howie sounded like he was ****ting bricks the whole time :lol:

Last edited:
Greg Ward needs to stay. He’s earned it and could really be an Edelman type player.

Get rid of Alshon or drop his snaps. JJ is supposed to be our above the rim guy. Let him show it.

Draft a stud WR and play him immediately. I’m tired of drafting these guys and barely giving them burn

JJ
Ward
Ruggs/Hamler/Higgins
Desean

add a veteran or two. One speedy guy to backup Desean.
JJ aint it bruh. Pure mistake

No use counting alshon we don’t even know if he’ll play next year, he’ll be on PUP list for at least 8-10 weeks

JJ was a bad choice because dude had a chance to make some tough catches.. if he can’t do that I don’t get his role, because he’ll always struggle with separation which makes things tougher on the TEs and RBs in the passing game

No use counting alshon we don’t even know if he’ll play next year, he’ll be on PUP list for at least 8-10 weeks

JJ was a bad choice because dude had a chance to make some tough catches.. if he can’t do that I don’t get his role, because he’ll always struggle with separation which makes things tougher on the TEs and RBs in the passing game
He really had one big drop and was dog housed for roughly 10 weeks for Mack Hollins. Yea the drop cost us a win but again it’s coaching as to why he didn’t do as much

let’s not forget they didn’t even cross train him to learn multiple positions. And then signed JMatt to essentially do nothing. And continued to play agholor

I’m gonna give him the benefit of the doubt at least so far

How u explain guys off the street burying him on the depth chart
Coaching then the injury

they never cross trained him to play multiple positions, he was literally only Alshon back up. So when alshon got healthyish, he couldn’t play the other positions because he wasn’t being trained there

and then once Alshon got hurt, he had a nagging foot injury

Back
Top Bottom