Pippen Says LeBron is "Best Player Ever"

But if the Bulls lost in the ECF or Finals instead of winning the title that year, do you think MJ would've left?? NO. Chicago was knocked out of the playoffs three straight years thanks to DET. Cleveland was knocked out by BOS twice and no team consecutive years.

Also, the Cavs were built to KEEP LeBron from leaving, not build towards something with him. The teams assembled were some of the best available players at the time to sign or trade for, not necessarily with potential in mind. That's not only the Cavs' fault, but LeBron's as well. Look at Chicago and the youth they had on their team -- it was built to create a dynasty. LeBron's tenure was not made that way and he had a major part in it

1. I can't deal with IF questions. I stated that from the jump. You ask me an IF question, where will I derive the answer from? Thin air? So, again, re-read my first response in regards to that statement.

2. The Cavs did not win a ring. Point blank. LeBron (and most of us) didn't feel that the team was a championship team. So he left. I am not seeing the issue there. I am not seeing why you (and others) are so quick to question his manhood because he saw that his current team just wasn't good enough to beat Boston. If the Cavs were a better playoff team, LeBron would have stayed. Point blank.
Question to all those defending Lebron:

If the Heat lose to the Mavs, would you still think that he is on MJ's level?

I don't recall anyone even saying/implying that he IS on MJ's level in the first place. He has to win, point blank. But even if he does win, nobody will give him credit for it because he didn't "win it on his own" like some of you believe Jordan did.

But if the Bulls lost in the ECF or Finals instead of winning the title that year, do you think MJ would've left?? NO. Chicago was knocked out of the playoffs three straight years thanks to DET. Cleveland was knocked out by BOS twice and no team consecutive years.

Also, the Cavs were built to KEEP LeBron from leaving, not build towards something with him. The teams assembled were some of the best available players at the time to sign or trade for, not necessarily with potential in mind. That's not only the Cavs' fault, but LeBron's as well. Look at Chicago and the youth they had on their team -- it was built to create a dynasty. LeBron's tenure was not made that way and he had a major part in it

1. I can't deal with IF questions. I stated that from the jump. You ask me an IF question, where will I derive the answer from? Thin air? So, again, re-read my first response in regards to that statement.

2. The Cavs did not win a ring. Point blank. LeBron (and most of us) didn't feel that the team was a championship team. So he left. I am not seeing the issue there. I am not seeing why you (and others) are so quick to question his manhood because he saw that his current team just wasn't good enough to beat Boston. If the Cavs were a better playoff team, LeBron would have stayed. Point blank.

I don't recall anyone even saying/implying that he IS on MJ's level in the first place. He has to win, point blank. But even if he does win, nobody will give him credit for it because he didn't "win it on his own" like some of you believe Jordan did.

Originally Posted by chillainvillain

I think he's on the road to being MJ's level but if he looses he's going to be off that road until he wins a championship.

I think he's on the road to being MJ's level but if he looses he's going to be off that road until he wins a championship.

On ESPN Radio, they brought up the idea that Pippen slights Jordan any chance he gets. Maybe he is just bitter? But I don't think Scottie believes what he is saying.

And Gee, I don't think LeBron can do anything to be universally regarded as better than Jordan. He came too close after and all of the Jordan lovers wouldn't allow that to happen. Maybe if LeBron came on the scene in 2044, but not when people that watched Jordan are still alive. I mean Jordan is essentially a God to basketball fans.

Hell it is disrespectful for anyone to say Steve Kerr was a better 3PT shooter than Jordan to some, so, I can't agree with LeBronze being the best of all time at any point in his life.

On ESPN Radio, they brought up the idea that Pippen slights Jordan any chance he gets. Maybe he is just bitter? But I don't think Scottie believes what he is saying.

And Gee, I don't think LeBron can do anything to be universally regarded as better than Jordan. He came too close after and all of the Jordan lovers wouldn't allow that to happen. Maybe if LeBron came on the scene in 2044, but not when people that watched Jordan are still alive. I mean Jordan is essentially a God to basketball fans.

Hell it is disrespectful for anyone to say Steve Kerr was a better 3PT shooter than Jordan to some, so, I can't agree with LeBronze being the best of all time at any point in his life.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

1. No rebuttal since we will not discuss "if"s.

2. Honestly, if the team was not built upon keeping LeBron rather than developing a winner, they might have a championship by now. Yes, they didn't win, but it's not like they were failing to make the playoffs. I can recognize why he left, but I think he's questioned because of the way it was handled and how it was orchestrated (signing with two other players that were top 3 or 5 at the position). LeBron has been hailed as "The Chosen One"; the savior to all; potentially the GOAT -- and while he's been great, he left to join up with two good/great players. I think people feel kind of hoodwinked within it all ...

1. No rebuttal since we will not discuss "if"s.

2. Honestly, if the team was not built upon keeping LeBron rather than developing a winner, they might have a championship by now. Yes, they didn't win, but it's not like they were failing to make the playoffs. I can recognize why he left, but I think he's questioned because of the way it was handled and how it was orchestrated (signing with two other players that were top 3 or 5 at the position). LeBron has been hailed as "The Chosen One"; the savior to all; potentially the GOAT -- and while he's been great, he left to join up with two good/great players. I think people feel kind of hoodwinked within it all ...

It doesn't matter if they weren't failing to make the playoffs. They still weren't winning. Not winning is not winning. It is simple as that when people will judge his legacy. He has not won yet, so people question HIM (as if it is HIS fault, smh).

Again, he was named the Chosen One By The Media who was ever so desperately in need of a replacement for Mike. He might have adopted the name, but the King and the Chosen One, that is all Media talk. Don't get mad at him for that.

And again, it is crazy to use the, "He isn't as much of a man since he teammed up with folks." Everyone has someone else. Mike and Magic already had those people on their team, LeBron left to get the same thing. Why are those situations that much different? They aren't.

So again, so what if he is playing with another great player and a very good player. Jordan NEEDED another hall of famer for his 6 rings, and another hall of famer for 3 of those. Nobody questions him though? So unfair. SO unfair.

It doesn't matter if they weren't failing to make the playoffs. They still weren't winning. Not winning is not winning. It is simple as that when people will judge his legacy. He has not won yet, so people question HIM (as if it is HIS fault, smh).

Again, he was named the Chosen One By The Media who was ever so desperately in need of a replacement for Mike. He might have adopted the name, but the King and the Chosen One, that is all Media talk. Don't get mad at him for that.

And again, it is crazy to use the, "He isn't as much of a man since he teammed up with folks." Everyone has someone else. Mike and Magic already had those people on their team, LeBron left to get the same thing. Why are those situations that much different? They aren't.

So again, so what if he is playing with another great player and a very good player. Jordan NEEDED another hall of famer for his 6 rings, and another hall of famer for 3 of those. Nobody questions him though? So unfair. SO unfair.

Nobody can win a title on their own. Basketball is a team game. Kobe wouldn't win all his titles if he didn't play with Shaq in his prime, and Gasol/Bynum/Odom. LeBron has never been on a team with a supporting cast on the level that Kobe has had, until this season. Your team can't be a one-man show and expect to win championships, no matter how good you were in the regular season.

Nobody can win a title on their own. Basketball is a team game. Kobe wouldn't win all his titles if he didn't play with Shaq in his prime, and Gasol/Bynum/Odom. LeBron has never been on a team with a supporting cast on the level that Kobe has had, until this season. Your team can't be a one-man show and expect to win championships, no matter how good you were in the regular season.

If that's how you classify not winning, then Jordan wasn't winning for six seasons either and he didn't leave his team. The first 7 seasons of MJ's career vs LBJ's, has LBJ with 27 more regular season wins overall. Chicago's playoffs went in this order: 1R, 1R, 1R, 2R, ECF, ECF, Championship. Cavs? No playoffs, No playoffs, 2R, Finals, 2R, ECF, 2R. So, who really wasn't winning?

The Cavs were only knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics twice (the same amount as MJ BTW), so it's not like they were in his way for the past five years and it was just too much for him. Why are we having a pity party for him?

If LeBron has a TATTOO that states "Chosen 1" and acts that way, why can't that be held against him??? Doesn't he have a "King" tat too? It's not like dude is humble and tried to avoid being hailed as those things. It was his choice to be on the cover of SI at 17; his choice on the tattoo -- some of this could've been put to a stop by him.

Teaming up with those guys by chance and by choice are two different things. LBJ teamed up by choice. There would be no issues if Bosh and/or Wade were drafted by Cleveland (or even if one was drafted and the other signed or traded for). You can't hold someone to something that happens by chance -- which is what Jordan had ...

Edit: Now this stat may be cast aside since the NBA changed the playoff format, but LBJ has more playoff wins that MJ as well (first seven seasons) ...

If that's how you classify not winning, then Jordan wasn't winning for six seasons either and he didn't leave his team. The first 7 seasons of MJ's career vs LBJ's, has LBJ with 27 more regular season wins overall. Chicago's playoffs went in this order: 1R, 1R, 1R, 2R, ECF, ECF, Championship. Cavs? No playoffs, No playoffs, 2R, Finals, 2R, ECF, 2R. So, who really wasn't winning?

The Cavs were only knocked out of the playoffs by the Celtics twice (the same amount as MJ BTW), so it's not like they were in his way for the past five years and it was just too much for him. Why are we having a pity party for him?

If LeBron has a TATTOO that states "Chosen 1" and acts that way, why can't that be held against him??? Doesn't he have a "King" tat too? It's not like dude is humble and tried to avoid being hailed as those things. It was his choice to be on the cover of SI at 17; his choice on the tattoo -- some of this could've been put to a stop by him.

Teaming up with those guys by chance and by choice are two different things. LBJ teamed up by choice. There would be no issues if Bosh and/or Wade were drafted by Cleveland (or even if one was drafted and the other signed or traded for). You can't hold someone to something that happens by chance -- which is what Jordan had ...

Edit: Now this stat may be cast aside since the NBA changed the playoff format, but LBJ has more playoff wins that MJ as well (first seven seasons) ...

No, because as stated before ranking players by rings in team sports is illogical.LBJ isn't on MJ's level. He HAS had the best start to his career since him though, including the playoffs.

No, because as stated before ranking players by rings in team sports is illogical.LBJ isn't on MJ's level. He HAS had the best start to his career since him though, including the playoffs.

"If LeBron has a TATTOO that states "Chosen 1" and acts that way, why can't that be held against him???"

Because it's irrelevant in on-court player comparison.

"If LeBron has a TATTOO that states "Chosen 1" and acts that way, why can't that be held against him???"

MJ is like an Apple product, (IPhone, iPod, iPad, ETC) no matter what comes out, and it COULD be better, no one will ever accept it by majority vote.

MJ is like an Apple product, (IPhone, iPod, iPad, ETC) no matter what comes out, and it COULD be better, no one will ever accept it by majority vote.

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Of course, but that piece of the conversation wasn't directly tied to on court production ...

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Of course, but that piece of the conversation wasn't directly tied to on court production ...

Originally Posted by throwback1718

could be true but nothing better has come out

lebron is Dell with integrated graphics

Originally Posted by throwback1718

could be true but nothing better has come out

lebron is Dell with integrated graphics

Back
Top Bottom